Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,411 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FalconAg06 said:

I hope this is a huge wake up call to fat and unhealthy people that although society is preaching body positivity and modern technology makes it easy for them to get around, mother nature will still ***** slap them from time to time.

HtownAg92
AG
I glanced at the Comical in the work kitchen while getting my coffee. Of course, Rona is headline. The hyperbole editor must have been in charge this week -- the headline talked of "unrelenting" spread, and the byline was "as cases, deaths explode".
jetch17
AG
Linas post this morning:

"We have great vaccine efficacy numbers, which is incredible. But we won't have a widely available vaccine for months. At current trends our ICUs will be full in a matter of weeks. For now, the only tool we have is our grit, willingness to sacrifice, and respect for each other."
gougler08
AG
jetch17 said:

Linas post this morning:

"We have great vaccine efficacy numbers, which is incredible. But we won't have a widely available vaccine for months. At current trends our ICUs will be full in a matter of weeks. For now, the only tool we have is our grit, willingness to sacrifice, and respect for each other."

Same ****, week 36
Al Bula
AG
What we are seeing is libs deploying prison tactics.

Spring/Summer: "stay at home" - you may have a shanty or a mansion but staying cooped up inside is still a sentence in a cell

Summer/Fall: "wear a mask" - lose your individuality and conform

Fall/Winter: "avoid family" - isolation will further destroy your sense of community

Liberals are a disease.
BohunkAg
AG
jetch17 said:

Linas post this morning:

I'm betting she has no idea what efficacy means.
TexAg91
AG
gougler08 said:

jetch17 said:

Linas post this morning:

Same ****, week 36
just like they were "full" after protests, memorial day, July 4, labor day, back to school, Halloween, and election day, right Lina?
aTm2004
AG
MAS444 said:

Quote:

Just when I get 4 badass Texans tickets too.

There is such a thing?

Well, if it's a suite with free booze, yeah because that's what's needed to watch that chitty team. Is fans should serve Ass Chin with a class action lawsuit for effing up that team and it's future.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

MAS444 said:

Quote:

There is such a thing?

Well, if it's a suite with free booze, yeah because that's what's needed to watch that chitty team. Is fans should serve Ass Chin with a class action lawsuit for effing up that team and it's future.
Yep, that would be the only way Texans tickets could be "badass". Even if 50 yard line, 10th row, you still have to watch the team and deal with NFL fans.
aTm2004
AG
FalconAg06 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

FalconAg06 said:

I hope this is a huge wake up call to fat and unhealthy people that although society is preaching body positivity and modern technology makes it easy for them to get around, mother nature will still ***** slap them from time to time.

Some of the most unhealthy people I know had the mildest symptoms. Including me.

Yao Ming is 7'5"
Probably still has a tiny Asian light switch.
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

MAS444 said:

Quote:

There is such a thing?

Yep, that would be the only way Texans tickets could be "badass". Even if 50 yard line, 10th row, you still have to watch the team and deal with NFL fans.
The fans...I will never take my kids to a NFL game until they're teens due to some of the crap I've seen at a Texans game. Beer thrown, numerous fights between fans (same team and different team), and just overall dumbassary. From '00-'13, I didn't miss a home game at Kyle and we tailgated at Reed from probably '06-'13 and never saw anything like what I've seen at NRG. I've been to several away games and had the same experience I've had at Kyle. The NFL is trash.
chimpanzee
cone said:

my question

if what we're doing is eradicating the flu and the flu kills the young at a much higher clip, then why would we snap back to the way things were just because the populace has been vaccinated for corona?

if we're now in the business of making collective moral judgements

We're always doing that. Depriving tens (hundreds?) of millions of children the normalcy of in person schooling is a moral judgement. Killing the hospitality industry to reduce strain on healthcare is a moral judgement. We're not even asking the first question of "do these actions even do what we purport it to do?" much less "are the benefits worth the costs?".
David_Puddy
AG
MAS444 said:

Quote:

There is such a thing?

Should have rephrased......badass seats to watch the sh-tty Texans
chimpanzee
gougler08 said:

jetch17 said:

Linas post this morning:

Same ****, week 36

I trust her data trend analytics about as much as I would her, well, anything.
David_Puddy
AG
HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

MAS444 said:

Quote:

There is such a thing?

With Aggie football being cancelled for 2 games (and me having to cancel my trip to the Tennessee game), I want to watch some live football. Even if it is a sh-tty team......f'ing sue me.
evestor1
The only curve being flattened in Houston is my bank account right now.
Jet Black
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

MAS444 said:

Quote:

There is such a thing?

The fans...I will never take my kids to a NFL game until they're teens due to some of the crap I've seen at a Texans game. Beer thrown, numerous fights between fans (same team and different team), and just overall dumbassary. From '00-'13, I didn't miss a home game at Kyle and we tailgated at Reed from probably '06-'13 and never saw anything like what I've seen at NRG. I've been to several away games and had the same experience I've had at Kyle. The NFL is trash.

A big part of the fanbase is uneducated rednecks.
TarponChaser
David_Puddy said:

Just when I get 4 badass Texans tickets too. I'm sure they're about to cancel fans at the games

I'd rather catch a bad case of the 'rona than to suffer through a Texans game. I don't like watching them at home these days, why would I pay money for that torture?
aTm2004
AG
Uneducated rednecks are my people.
David_Puddy
AG
Same

Not to mention I've been to a total of 2 live sporting events this year.....the Vandy game and Houston Open. I need live sports in my life
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

MAS444 said:

Quote:

There is such a thing?

For the most part -- and definitely with the Texas teams -- this is correct. But I've been to some games in other cities where it isn't nearly as bad. In Texas, NFL fans tend to be those whose loyalties are not second-fiddle to A&M or Sip or other college teams. And they are the worst. In some states, NFL reigns supreme even over college loyalty, so you still get some educated, non-trash fans. That's what I've seen in Indy and Pittsburgh. Probably similar in most midwest or rust belt teams. All the coastal (both) and southern teams have trash fans, and the northeast fans are all meatheads.
XpressAg09
AG
jetch17 said:

Linas post this morning:

How many weeks exactly? I'm willing to bet it's two.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
evestor1 said:

Not me. I'm a bankruptcy lawyer. It's like people put their heads together to try to figure out how to make me rich.
T Durden
AG
You need a non lawyer type fixer? I'm ready to eject from the corporate world.
TarponChaser
jetch17 said:

Linas post this morning:

Can we please stop with the lies and hysteria?

It's just so maddening. We've already proven that the ICU's are ALWAYS 85-95% full by design and still have capacity to add another 30% or so over that with extra measures.

Most people are instinctually inclined to respect and believe people in positions of authority and this includes the news media. But when those in positions of authority are flat-out dishonest charlatans with an agenda it's almost impossible to disabuse people of their preconceived notions of belief in authority.

We're suffering gaslighting of an epic proportion not seen since Nazi Germany.
sts7049
AG
meanwhile in california, the hypocrisy continues...

CDUB98
AG
If they didn't have lies and hysteria, they wouldn't have any power.
Texan_Aggie
AG
blindey said:

evestor1 said:

Not me. I'm a bankruptcy lawyer. It's like people put their heads together to try to figure out how to make me rich.
You're going to be killing it in this market for a while. Kudos to your career choice.
evestor1
blindey said:

evestor1 said:

I have been jealous twice in my life.

(1) When I learned Marissa Miller was taken.

(2) Right now ... jealous of you and your career and your money and probably your life in general. Congratulations to you. So jealous!
htxag09
AG
sts7049 said:

And as badly as I'd love to try French laundry they're just as guilty in this as the governor. Chef Thomas Keller has been posting non stop about helping restaurants, passing stimulus, how restaurants are the backbone of America, etc. Should have told the governor to suck his dick, you're putting my friends out of business, why should we be allowed to bend the rules for you.
The Wonderer
AG
blindey said:

evestor1 said:

Health law is also doing fairly well at the moment.
swimmerbabe11
jetch17 said:

Bondag said:

jetch17 said:

F Lina. I'm just trying to hit all my favorite places before the sh*theads close restraunts etc again
I am off all next week. Tine lunch club.

Talmbout

Tuesday or Wednesdays.
BohunkAg
AG
Just when you thought the Newsom story couldn't get any dumber.....for context, lots of times the doctors in these administrative positions haven't seen a patient in the office in years and are just the same as politicians.

cone
AG
lol this is clown world
CoachRTM
AG
htxag09 said:

sts7049 said:

And as badly as I'd love to try French laundry they're just as guilty in this as the governor. Chef Thomas Keller has been posting non stop about helping restaurants, passing stimulus, how restaurants are the backbone of America, etc. Should have told the governor to suck his dick, you're putting my friends out of business, why should we be allowed to bend the rules for you.

French Laundry is my number 3 meal that I've ever had.
First Page Last Page
Page 301 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.