Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,004 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nitro Power said:

This is a real problem. There are a number of people out there who believe nonsense such as this. Dora couldn't manage to find her way around a corner with a map glued to her ass. She literally is trying to get credit for a virus doing virus things....

I'm not sure maps are helpful when glued to your ass. Maybe if they were on your hand? maybe that's the problem?

Nitro Power
AG
They are when you have your head up your ass
Post removed:
by user
slavy06
AG
https://abc13.com/bars-open-in-texas-governor-abbott-opens-tweet-greg-tweets-opening/6802369/

I hate all the gimmicks and "hints" about reopening of bars, but hopefully he finally comes to his senses and does something this week.

Oh, and of course Clay Jenkins in Dallas County opposes the opening of bars...
Post removed:
by user
Bassmaster
AG
Because you can't get the full high of having the power unless you hang it over people's heads before you exercise said power.
jetch17
AG
Abbott trying to be cute and 'hint' and saying 'cheers' trying to give some hope after F'ing bars in the A all this time is horsesh*t
Nitro Power
AG
jetch17 said:

Abbott trying to be cute and 'hint' and saying 'cheers' trying to give some hope after F'ing bars in the A all this time is horsesh*t
My thoughts exactly....like he is doing them some favor by opening up....3 months too late
Post removed:
by user
Nitro Power
AG
That begs the question...is half the population of Florida deceased now? You know, since they opened everything full bore?
Keegan99
AG
jetch17 said:

If he's going to open them, then open them.

Being cheeky on Twitter while unilaterally and capriciously wielding power over people's livelihoods isn't a good look.

Greg's nonsensical policies have needlessly destroyed businesses and families. He needs to apologize, not act like he's doing citizens a damn favor.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TexAg91
AG
You have Dora and Sly to thank for that, don't you get it? Two more weeks and it might go negative.
BohunkAg
AG
Abbott's whole act is disgusting at this point.
AgsMyDude
AG
Why is anyone surprised? He left a riddle in his mask declaration and nobody thought they could do anything until Bexar county read between the lines.

Dude is a joke
Post removed:
by user
Teddy Perkins
AG
Took 2 days to get results back from the free drive through testing site at Butler stadium. There were zero cars in line and the swab was painless. If you're worried someone has it, just get tested.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Nitro Power said:

That begs the question...is half the population of Florida deceased now? You know, since they opened everything full bore?
Depends which Twitter accounts you come across. It's either fine, or a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
ChipFTAC01
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

So serious question? How are we supposed to address cold season this year. Let's say someone in your house comes down with a mild sore throat and congestion. Are we supposed to all quarantine for 2 weeks, take kids out of school and get tested? That could put a family out of commission for a month easily for a cold? Just doesn't make sense anymore.

Been meaning to post something along these lines as well. My kids started back to nursery school the Tuesday after Labor Day. That first weekend my son started getting sick and Monday at work I started getting sick. I stayed home with him on Tuesday. Ended up going to go get tested on Wednesday morning ( despite the fact that it was just a gross cold ) because a dumbass coworker had brought COVID into the office the previous week (on a day when I wasn't there) and I didn't want to be "that guy". Son's doc had him get tested as well. We both tested neg but he missed three days of school.

My wife started getting sick yesterday (again just cold symptoms) but because she works in a school they had her stay home today. She had a teledoc appointment this morning about something else and told her to go get tested.

I really don't think running to the rediclinic for a test every time you get the sniffles is the solution. But here we are.
jetch17
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Took 2 days to get results back from the free drive through testing site at Butler stadium. There were zero cars in line and the swab was painless. If you're worried someone has it, just get tested.

Nice try, Sly
Mikeyshooter
FHKChE07
AG
Our daycare just requires a note sent from the pediatrician saying that they don't think they have covid. But our kid was sent home with a runny nose because he was getting like 4 teeth. We virtualed with the pediatrician and got the note. No test required because most sites won't do it on babies or toddlers. You have to go to a full on ER for that.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yea teething can trigger all sorts of stuff
htxag09
AG
I think doctors have gotten a pass in all this. Politicians are an easy target. But doctors made this more of a cluster than it needed to be as well. I get they'll error on the side of caution, especially with so many unknowns of a new virus.

It's just not feasible to quarantine for 14 days anytime you or someone you interact with has allergy like symptoms.

Also, stopping cancer screenings, treatments, surgeries, etc. will all have lasting effects.
CW Griswold
Teddy Perkins said:

rhoswen
AG
BF and I have both been sick last week (him) and over the weekend (me). Pretty much over it. Not a chance in hell I'm getting tested, or seeing a doc. I'm WFH but even if I had gone in to work at the school (we're entirely virtual until next week) I wouldn't have gotten stopped at the door because no fever.

So apparently a bug is going around. I wonder if this *normal everyday cold* will pop a bunch of positives for Lina's upcoming end of times prediction.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
lolwut
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
you need to relax
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.