Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,787 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When Biden announced Harris as his running mate, they had Jeffers live at TSU at the crack of dawn because that is where Harris and Biden had a debate in 2019.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Be sure to wear a Bernie shirt.
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
Panama Red said:

When Biden announced Harris as his running mate, they had Jeffers live at TSU at the crack of dawn because that is where Harris and Biden had a debate in 2019.

Ffs
FalconAg06
Did we only have 160 new cases yesterday? TMC shows 388 but says 228 were old data dumps.
XpressAg09
AG
New, pride friendly color scheme*.

I'm sure it's not pride related, but you never know nowadays.
XpressAg09
AG
These new graphs only show how far we've really come...this is about as far away from red as you can be. I guess hospitals are so underwhelmed with COVID patients that the creative design teams are allowed to have a little fun.

Silky Johnston
It is amazing to me that the nationwide protests aren't the sole reason being attributed to the "surge". It perfectly lines up with the just wait 2-3 weeks narrative that has been pushed from the beginning. 2-3 weeks after the protests started there was a large spike everywhere, but somehow Memorial Day and 4th of July are the main culprits. People walking shoulder to shoulder shouting, "Black Lives Matter" over and over couldn't possibly lead to a rise in infections. Nope, it is because some people went to the beach.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Local news' insistence on live shots drives me absolutely crazy.

"Well Bob, something happened at this school 9 hours ago. Now it's 10 pm and pitch black outside and there's absolutely no one here, but as you can clearly see there is indeed a closed school behind me. Back to you Bob!"
My favorite was back during the great grocery store panic of Spring 2020, Miya Shay was staked out in front of an HEB at like 6AM to see if people were going to rush the store. One single customer walked by the whole time, and he tore into her about stoking the panic on live TV. Great stuff.
Jackal99
AG
Harry Lime said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

"Well Bob, something happened at this school 9 hours ago. Now it's 10 pm and pitch black outside and there's absolutely no one here, but as you can clearly see there is indeed a closed school behind me. Back to you Bob!"
My favorite was back during the great grocery store panic of Spring 2020, Miya Shay was staked out in front of an HEB at like 6AM to see if people were going to rush the store. One single customer walked by the whole time, and he tore into her about stoking the panic on live TV. Great stuff.

Ah yes. I remember that fondly.
Alex Bregman
AG
So, can bars open up 100% now? Those graphs look pretty damn definitive. Love how Memorial Day, bars, and the beach were blamed for the spike. We've had Labor Day, bars functioning as restaurants, people back at college/school, and our numbers are still flat.
texagbeliever
XpressAg09 said:

These new graphs only show how far we've really come...this is about as far away from red as you can be. I guess hospitals are so underwhelmed with COVID patients that the creative design teams are allowed to have a little fun.

There is so much truth in this joke.
Serotonin
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Language NSFW:
drumboy
AG
Silky Johnston said:

People walking shoulder to shoulder shouting, "Black Lives Matter" over and over couldn't possibly lead to a rise in infections.
And "All", "Blue", "Bugs"....
TarponChaser
Flipping channels just now and one of the local stations was pimping that moron coronabro, Hotez, who was saying that Trump needed to be hospitalized and not just under the care of the White House doc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the prez and Melania reported to be only mildly symptomatic. So why go to the hospital? The fear-mongering is just beyond the pale.
Fitch
AG
At 74 and obese...and probably a couple(?) comorbidities...POTUS is probably gonna need a little more than the house quack. Wouldn't be surprised if he's already on anticoagulants.

Then again, who knows. It's a damn random disease.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Bloomberg's been caught by the 'rona folks!
jetch17
AG
The stupid ass Houston health dept reported OVER 2,500 cases today, of which only 210 are within the last 14 days.

ALL F'ing WEEK even their backlogged numbers were in the HUNDREDS, before the even lower 14 day cases were reflected.

GTFO with this sh*tty reporting
TarponChaser
Fitch said:

At 74 and obese...and probably a couple(?) comorbidities...POTUS is probably gonna need a little more than the house quack. Wouldn't be surprised if he's already on anticoagulants.

I reiterate, the prez is reportedly only suffering mild symptoms. Why go to the hospital if not necessary?
htxag09
AG
TarponChaser said:

Fitch said:

I reiterate, the prez is reportedly only suffering mild symptoms. Why go to the hospital if not necessary?

Well it's being reported that he's going to the hospital.
Jet Black
Supposedly it's precautionary
Fitch
AG
At 4 days in it should only be mild. The hospital suggestion is probably more to do with leader of the free world taking it seriously and such.

Irrespective, Homeboy is gonna do what he wants and say whatever to prop up the market, so it makes little difference.
cone
AG
lol wtf is this

here's the twitter link btw
Jet Black
Fall apart?
htxag09
AG
"Ignore until it's too late"???

So too late for what? Too late for our hospitals to keep up? Oh wait, no, they never had an issue. Must be missing something
aggiemike02
AG
i appreciate the depth but just a little too sensational. that said i hope many folks can get back to gainful employment soon.
drumboy
AG
TarponChaser said:

Fitch said:

Im sure he's a on regimen of drugs and breathing treatments. My 85 yo grandmother tested positive at her nursing home along with several others and they put them all on a regimen of steroids etc. She never had symptoms, tested negative and passed a week after the negative test.

COVID was listed as a cause on her death cert.
Keegan99
AG
This hyperbole is another reason why no one trusts journalists.

Houston kept running as usual. Nothing fell apart.
BSD
AG
From that author "I'm from Houston, but I was supposed to be back only briefly this spring before returning to Brazil, where I've lived and worked for much of the past decade."

It shows in this article.

"(Hidalgo) had no experience, but after Hurricane Harvey hit the following year, displacing more than 30,000 people, many voters started rethinking who they wanted in charge of emergency management. That helped Hidalgo pull off an upset in 2018, when she defeated longtime Republican incumbent Ed Emmett by 1.6% of the vote. "

I really don't think was the case. She seems to glance over the strong straight ticket party voting that year since all the democrats had their panties in a wad over the bad orange man. You think the average Dora voter knew who was in charge of emergency management? If they did, why would they vote for her, a medical interpreter with no experience at anything?

She also glances over the fact that Dora and Sly invited a hundred thousand people out for protests in the middle of the pandemic that they are sooooo concerned about. I guess that doesn't fit her narrative that Republicans in Texas are to blame.

But where this reporter lost me was this:

"Willie Nelson and Lizzo were days away from performing, when Mayor Sylvester Turner declared a public-health emergency and announced that all city-sponsored events would be suspended. It was March 11, and there were 14 reported local cases."

This dumb ****. Willie played. March 4th. Get your facts right, **** waffle.

I'm still not sure what a Lizzo is...
cone
AG
lol no one wanted to get rid of Ed Emmett over Harvey
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
OH FOR F*CK'S SAKE!

This **** is why nobody trusts or respects "journalists" anymore. The only less trustworthy and less respected profession is politician.

Houston never fell apart and never came close. Nor did Harvey have jack **** to do with post-turtle Dora getting into office.

Just ridiculous.
BSD
AG
She can't even spell her title correctly on her professional profile.

jenn96
AG
BSD said:

She can't even spell her title correctly on her professional profile.

Ecoonony? Wow, racist much?

Ps - that's a joke. But seriously that's a hell of a typo.
First Page Last Page
Page 282 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.