Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,601 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

Sasappis said:

BohunkAg said:

Can someone tell me why there are zero fans in attendance at the Texans game? Cowboys had 25%

Jerry Jones and tarrant County?

Texans announced 15k fans for the game in early October.

Yeah, I didn't care enough to do digging but I saw an article that the Texans were working with the city and county to allow fans to games starting in October.

This isn't an nfl rule like mlb. It's up to each locality.

Figures. Crowd sounded great at the Cowboys game.
tylercsbn9
AG
BohunkAg said:

Can someone tell me why there are zero fans in attendance at the Texans game? Cowboys had 25%

Lena
XpressAg09
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Can't do gifs on mobile, but Lina's sweating these numbers.

I'm curious how RBG's vacancy changes the narrative of this election. Very curious to see what comes in the next month.

This is not a drill.
LostInLA07
AG
They do NOT want 2 or, God forbid, 3 of those text boxes turning green.
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
Where did it say she was treating COVID patients? She was an OBGYN.
AgsMyDude
AG
wessimo said:

Did you even read the whole article you posted? This is from yours.
Quote:

***an's primary task at a Houston hospital was delivering babies, but she had also treated COVID-19 patients. On July 8, she started a 12-hour shift with excitement before her body and head started aching. Her younger sisters, Maureen and Natalie, previously said her story presented a cautionary tale.

And another.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/sisters-beg-community-to-take-covid-19-seriously-as-sister-fights-for-life

Quote:

It all began back on July 8. Hours after her rotation in the emergency room treating COVID patients, Adeline started feeling sick. Doctors put her on an experimental drug trial, but her condition continued to get worse.

wessimo
AG
No, I didn't read the whole article. Since it is paywalled I only read the first couple paragraphs. Definitely seems like she shouldn't have been treating COVID 19 patients given her respiratory issues. Sad.
Al Bula
AG
wessimo said:

nice try. I don't subscribe to the Chron and that link was not paywalled. Just accept that you posted a link, only half-assed the attempt to read it but fully intended to spread more doom and gloom.

cc_ag92
AG
It may not have been a choice. Many people don't get to choose. They do what their employer tells them to do or they lose their job. I don't know that's what happened here, but it happens many places. Plus, do you know that over 19 million adults have asthma? That's a lot of "at risk" adults to remove from the workplace.
htxag09
AG
The situation sucks. The fact that she died sucks. I don't know the specifics of it, did her employer know of a preexisting condition. Did she volunteer. Either way, we should learn from it and move on, her employer should learn from it and make changes.

What we can't do is completely change our lives because of this one case. We can't go back to lockdown mode because "think of the healthcare workers!". Same can be said for teachers. Yes, some will die. Most will have contracted Covid outside school. We can't highlight every single teacher death as an I told you so and completely shut down schools.

There is a difference between empathy and compassion.
aggiederelict
"Yes, some will die. Most will have contracted Covid outside school."

How can you know this?
htxag09
AG
Looking at the data. Looking at other countries. Looking at the studies. How can you look at it and tell me they caught it from a student? The facts simply aren't backing that up. Especially below high school. Teaching has the same risks of other jobs, higher risk from other teachers than students. Figure out ways to minimize contact. Figure out ways to protect at risk populations.

Even if they do contract it from a child, we need to take a step back. Don't make rash decisions that will effect millions based on emotions of one case. What does the data say? Is it likely to pass from student to teacher? What are the odds of survival? 99.8%? I don't think we shut down schools over that. Again, protect the at risk populations, make the best decisions you can.
aggiederelict
And for those teaching in high schools what conclusion do you come to?

Look I get it. I'm a health care worker who works very directly on people as a physical therapist and has been throughout this.

But to know where people contract this when they go to many places just seems very presumptuous.

And I think most everything should be open at this point.

htxag09
AG
High school is similar to me. I do think virtual learning is more viable in high school. I think the fact we lump kindergarten to seniors in the same group and they have the same options is asinine.

But again, what's the survival rate? Make decisions based on that. Don't have high risk teachers in classrooms. Let them do virtual, let them grade papers, help with assignments, etc.
AgsMyDude
AG
wessimo said:

No, I didn't read the whole article. Since it is paywalled I only read the first couple paragraphs. Definitely seems like she shouldn't have been treating COVID 19 patients given her respiratory issues. Sad.

Yeah it's not paywalled. I pulled up about 5 or 6 articles on this. Half mentioned she had underlying issues and the other half that she was treating COVID patients, few did both.

It always seems like these headlines with younger folk have something "hidden" like this.

Another example is the infant in Corpus ruled immediately as a covid death and then all the articles updated to SIDS.
wessimo
AG
It is paywalled. If you can read it you haven't hit the limit on free articles.

I am not arguing for shutting things down or keeping them shut down. It is possible to be empathetic and still want things to open up.

There seems to be a popular opinion that this virus is only killing old folks and people who "kind of deserve to die" because they don't take care of their health. That accounts for the vast majority of the fatalities but not all of them. I think that is something worth keeping in mind.
lamivudine
A dr with respiratory issues seeing the public during this time seems like an un forced error?
Fitch
AG
It's unfortunately not an uncommon story these last few months.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fitch said:

It's unfortunately not an uncommon story these last few months.

Because it shouldn't be a story to begin with. People die of all kinds of **** everyday.
Fitch
AG
We can acknowledge the strangeness of a caregiver or young person dying from a new disease and not suggest backing away from resuming more normal patterns.
Caliber
AG
Fitch said:

We can acknowledge the strangeness of a caregiver or young person dying from a new disease and not suggest backing away from resuming more normal patterns.
I understand the story is just a young "healthy" person dying... But I would not classify someone with this history as "healthy" in terms of working around a respiratory virus... "Her sisters said Adeline had a history of asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia. But, that wasn't going to stop her from doing what she loved during the pandemic."

Not that many 28year old have ever had pneumonia to begin with... Yes, she might otherwise have been healthy, but those a major red flags for working around a respiratory virus.
Fitch
AG
Your point is certainly a fair one, but without going down the rabbit hole I would be wary of reading too much into the provided description given the lack of context whether those were life-long afflictions or past incidents.

Granted, I'm perhaps biased as I was hospitalized with childhood asthma and outgrew it, and had pneumonia as a teenager after traveling through Saigon. it would not be incorrect to say I've had a history of the same, but the reality is those experiences are two to three decades back and have no bearing today.

The sentiment I was simply trying to express is it's unfortunate, and somewhat humbling, there have been so many of these types of stories of late. I can't readily think of another situation that compares.
XpressAg09
AG
XpressAg09 said:

XpressAg09 said:

AgLiving06
and of course, the only "red" indicator is the least relevant indicator.
jetch17
AG
Yeah and aren't those severely backlogged still?

Dumb.
nonameag99
Looks like the county is closing or shrinking the testing site at San Jac in Pasadena

It has been a ghost town for at least a month
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
htxag09
AG
My wife just got a jury duty summons. Our response: "I am currently 7 months pregnant and do not feel comfortable reporting to jury duty while the city and county are at a level 1 risk"

Eff em. They won't reduce the risk and open bars, schools, etc, well use their reasoning right back at them.
aTm2004
AG
Hell, if I get one, I'll use that. As long as we're at level 1, I'm not comfortable being in a government building.
CFTXAG10
AG
nonameag99 said:

Looks like the county is closing or shrinking the testing site at San Jac in Pasadena

It has been a ghost town for at least a month
They definitely consolidated it quite a bit. Aztez was out there taking a bunch of stuff down a week or so ago
CW Griswold
Spreadsheet Updated

Covid Bubbles of Immunity
Peaceful Protests
County funded study tents (school replacement)
Funerals (BLM related)
Courthouse

Corona Death Traps
Schools
Churches
Sporting Events
Weddings
Funerals (Non BLM related)

TXTransplant
htxag09 said:

My wife just got a jury duty summons. Our response: "I am currently 7 months pregnant and do not feel comfortable reporting to jury duty while the city and county are at a level 1 risk"

Eff em. They won't reduce the risk and open bars, schools, etc, well use their reasoning right back at them.

I was due to report for jury duty the week they shut everything down. Took them til late the night before to confirm it was actually cancelled.

I'm waiting for my resummons to show up any day now.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
CW Griswold said:

Spreadsheet Updated

Covid Bubbles of Immunity
Peaceful Protests
County funded study tents (school replacement)
Funerals (BLM related)
Courthouse

Corona Death Traps
Schools
Churches
Sporting Events
Weddings
Funerals (Non BLM related)

Don't forget!
jetch17
AG
Ol' Sly:

"We report 270* cases of COVID19 today, bringing Houstons total to 71,301. *Of the 270 cases reported today, 33% (90) have specimen collection dates within the last 14 days.

Sadly, there are nine (9) newly-reported deaths, bringing the city's total to 1,049."

JUNE, July & August

First Page Last Page
Page 275 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.