Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,574 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should have coughed like PawPaw when you passed.
LostInLA07
AG
The green bars indicate how completely worthless the city and county new case counts are. They should really be removed as a metric completely. If you use total reported new cases you'll drastically overcount. If you ignore the "old cases" and try to use current data you have no idea how many missing cases there are and you won't find out until some unknown period of time. There is no way to base decisions on that metric.
CDUB98
AG
Harry Lime said:

Should have coughed like PawPaw when you passed.

I, too often, try to breathe my water when riding or running. Thus, the last few months when out on the White Oak Bayou trail, I've gotten looks from people anywhere from seething hatred to "you have the plague." I'm surprised nobody has run off screaming in terror. I mean, really, my ugly ass face alone should do that.

While I hate this chronic problem generally, it has at least provided me some entertainment during the ****storm of 2020.
cone
AG
you might have the itis
jetch17
AG
cone said:

you might have the itis

I will after Mexican food tonight
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Wait, I thought you were locked in a Japanese hotel room....
cone
AG
a lot going on here
MAS444
AG
Do you know if the Japanese hotel room has a balcony or at least a window you can open? If not, man....that would get super depressing to me fast. Not that being trapped in there to begin with isn't bad enough.
aTm2004
AG
Then why aren't you on your wife?
BohunkAg
AG
aTm2004 said:

Then why aren't you on your wife?
He was waiting his turn.
aTm2004
AG
Jock 07
AG
third coast.. said:

the GD torrey pines hiking trails are closed because of the rona. how ****ing stupid is that? There goes my #1 pick for something to do this weekend.
a whole lotta stupidity and ignorance still going on out here, although I thought it was a bit more rationale down south.
Diggity
AG
****ing California. Let em swim
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
third coast.. said:

nope. Not that I know of. And in a typical show of government ineptitude they have me flying from SD to Phoenix then TO LA to sit for 10 hours before my flight to Japan.

Gotta love government travel. Y'all use DTS? I learned my lesson letting a marine book my travel when I was in Omaha. He booked our flights from OMA to HNL. Outbound was straightforward OMA to HNL w/ a 1.5 hr layover at IAH. Return flight left HNL around 6 or so and got into LAX just before midnight. Then 5 am LAX-DIA followed by DIA to ORD then finally ORD to OMA.
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
yea DTS is the system we use and SATO is the travel agency. How's the course? All the times I've stayed on base down there and at the del down the street I've never played it.

Only time I've ever had issues with rebooking is if the new flight is a higher fare class, typically Y. Although Y fares poping up for a trip was always nice as that was basically the only way I could ever score an upgrade with my lowly silver status.
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
I haven't flown since February but I'm told in lax the United lounge is open with pre packaged stuff and the bar is back open I think. I'd assume probably the same for other airlines. Pretty sure the centurion lounge is still closed as well. It had just opened like 2 weeks or maybe a month before getting shutdown.
Bondag
AG

XpressAg09
AG

Can't do gifs on mobile, but Lina's sweating these numbers.

I'm curious how RBG's vacancy changes the narrative of this election. Very curious to see what comes in the next month.

Sazerac
AG
She's not sweating those numbers because the middle one will never be met. It's complete garbage that can be tweaked to meet their needs.
AgLiving06
oh no no no...

Those numbers don't count. They are far too accurate.

We can only use the numbers that are months delayed in coming in. they are the real representation of right now.

I didn't realize it, but my mom was saying Harris County is the only county stuck on "red." Other cities have already backed off.

But it's not political
AgLiving06
12% of ICU is COVID and ICU is 90% full...yet code red!

wessimo
AG
wessimo
AG
Chron article:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Young-Houston-doctor-dies-after-fighting-for-her-15581069.php
AgsMyDude
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/dr-adeline-***an-dies-after-being-hospitalized-for-covid-19/285-152347c2-7fc0-431d-99fe-e38b40dcc5b4

Quote:

Her sisters said Adeline had a history of asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia. But, that wasn't going to stop her from doing what she loved during the pandemic.

"It's what she wants to be doing. She wants to get out of bed every morning and deliver babies and help women," Maureen said.

Pretty crazy she was still treating covid patients with that kind of history. Sad story all around.
BohunkAg
AG
Can someone tell me why there are zero fans in attendance at the Texans game? Cowboys had 25%
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Sasappis said:

BohunkAg said:

Can someone tell me why there are zero fans in attendance at the Texans game? Cowboys had 25%

Jerry Jones and tarrant County?

Texans announced 15k fans for the game in early October.

Yeah, I didn't care enough to do digging but I saw an article that the Texans were working with the city and county to allow fans to games starting in October.

This isn't an nfl rule like mlb. It's up to each locality.
lamivudine
went to the dynamo game last nite still here.
LostInLA07
AG
Lina Hildalgo. Code RED!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.