Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,495 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And we still don't know what amplification threshold is used on the PCR tests. Crank that thing up to 40 and you can find remnant RNA all over the place. All of these "asymptomatics" that are found are contaminated tests and/or people that were never infectious whose immune system dealt with a tiny exposure of the virus and never knew it.

The freaking New York Times did a piece on this, but damned if anyone in the city, county, or state .gov's will say anything about it.

Any metric that uses cases or % positives is useless without date of test/symptom onset and test sensitivity.
TXTransplant
1764 active cases in the county vs 12330 in CoH. That's SEVEN times more cases in the city than the county. It had been pretty consistently hovering between 2-3.

Interestingly, Montgomery County is reporting 1365 active cases...for a population of about 600k.

Compare that to 1764 cases in unincorporated Harris Co with a population of 2.3 million.

Harris County, minus the CoH, has got to have some of the best numbers of any major metro area.

Also, the adjusted epi curve for county cases shows we have been <200 cases per day every single day since August 12.
Jack Klompus
AG
TXTransplant said:

1764 active cases in the county vs 12330 in CoH. That's SEVEN times more cases in the city than the county. It had been pretty consistently hovering between 2-3.

Interestingly, Montgomery County is reporting 1365 active cases...for a population of about 600k.

Compare that to 1764 cases in unincorporated Harris Co with a population of 2.3 million.

Harris County, minus the CoH, has got to have some of the best numbers of any major metro area.

Also, the adjusted epi curve for county cases shows we have been <200 cases per day every single day since August 12.
All because of Judge Lina Hidalgo's tireless leadership.
jetch17
AG
So the county and COH report separate numbers? should the COH be included within the County numbers?

perhaps ive just been on business calls and computer screens too long today for my thinking - its messing with my rods & cones today
chjoak
AG
TXTransplant said:

Maybe I missed the sarcasm but wouldn't COH be included in HCo numbers, meaning that HCo should be the greater of the two?
LostInLA07
AG
chjoak said:

TXTransplant said:

Maybe I missed the sarcasm but wouldn't COH be included in HCo numbers, meaning that HCo should be the greater of the two?

They are reporting Harris County excluding CoH and then CoH separately.
Bondag
AG
chimpanzee said:

And we still don't know what amplification threshold is used on the PCR tests. Crank that thing up to 40 and you can find remnant RNA all over the place. All of these "asymptomatics" that are found are contaminated tests and/or people that were never infectious whose immune system dealt with a tiny exposure of the virus and never knew it.

The freaking New York Times did a piece on this, but damned if anyone in the city, county, or state .gov's will say anything about it.

Any metric that uses cases or % positives is useless without date of test/symptom onset and test sensitivity.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/false-positive-ft-steve-deace/id1495601614

Quote:

Senator Ted Cruz and Michael Knowles are joined by Steve Deace, and together they spend the full show unraveling the web of coronavirus lies that Democratic politicians have been busy spinning. From death rates to ER visits and test sensitivity to contagiousness, it's time to fact check everything you've been told. Plus, the truth-seeking trio sets the record straight after the DNC lauds Governor Cuomo's pandemic performance.
This was front page news and the top story that night right?

TXTransplant
LostInLA07 said:

chjoak said:

TXTransplant said:

They are reporting Harris County excluding CoH and then CoH separately.

Yep, if you look at the dashboard, they have a tab for combined cases, a tab for city cases, and a tab for county cases.

If you follow this link, it's in the upper right hand corner of the page.

https://harriscounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/c0de71f8ea484b85bb5efcb7c07c6914

The numbers I reported above are for the city and county separately. Total cases for all of Harris Co, including the CoH is 15047.
jetch17
AG
Sly: guuuuuuys dont jam pack bars! even though were going down, this could make it go up!
jetch17
AG
GET TESTED! GETCHA FLUUUU SHOT!
Ag_07
AG
I'm seriously dreading the oncoming flu season.

A) The narrative of 'The system is getting overwhelmed with flu + COVID'

and

B) Flu cases being lumped into COVID to botch the numbers
FalconAg06
Half of Florida's case count going down can be traced to Andrew Gillum
TXTransplant
Ag_07 said:

and

I'm afraid we've set a terrible precedent for responding to flu outbreaks, COVID or no COVID.

Because, you know, if COVID deaths are 100% preventable, then flu deaths are, too.
FHKChE07
AG
They actually teased that on the news lately that apparently because of COVID lockdowns, Flu has been a non-issue in the southern hemisphere. So I guess we should just lock down every winter so we don't get autism.
lunchbox
I don't see how the 14-day rate can be 6.1% when nothing on the chart over the last 2 weeks looks to be above 5%...but you would need the raw numbers that make up the bar chart to be sure...

chimpanzee
TXTransplant said:

Ag_07 said:

and

I'm afraid we've set a terrible precedent for responding to flu outbreaks, COVID or no COVID.

Because, you know, if COVID deaths are 100% preventable, then flu deaths are, too.

You have to dig to find it, but the usual seasonal cold viruses are coming back right on schedule (Germany below), masks or not. I suspect the flu will too, and it has a vaccine.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
A cold virus just ran through our house last week via our nephew. First time anyone in my house has been sick since early March
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
To the gulag for me
spadilly
S
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

A cold virus just ran through our house last week via our nephew. First time anyone in my house has been sick since early March

Same here. We all had colds last week. I figure one of the kids picked it up being back at school. They had to get a negative COVID test in order to return. Took the tests at Smart Financial, all came back negative three days later.
lunchbox
jetch17
AG
How bout GREEN!?

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/hidalgo-harris-county-coronavirus-threat-level-could-be-lowered/285-644ea14d-f59d-40e6-9724-83e9f105b7b4?fbclid=IwAR3QxYZvwqhT7dnqklQDJfkTQIL-DHHMyRtPSHmgiYe90bNTnVmfn2g-xrw
Bassmaster
AG
jetch17 said:

How bout GREEN!?

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/hidalgo-harris-county-coronavirus-threat-level-could-be-lowered/285-644ea14d-f59d-40e6-9724-83e9f105b7b4?fbclid=IwAR3QxYZvwqhT7dnqklQDJfkTQIL-DHHMyRtPSHmgiYe90bNTnVmfn2g-xrw
I wonder if Hidalgo will push a b/s alert to all of our phones telling us it has been lowered. Smart money is on "no."
Ag_07
AG
Saw her on the news this morning and she says she's not ready to lower the threat level because we could still see a spike due to Labor Day weekend and schools and colleges returning. Says we just need to keep doing our part to lower the numbers and it could be lowered soon.
Ag_07
AG
Hell no

She'll have a huge presser with full on dog and pony show. She wants to be the hero. After all it were her protocols and initiatives that did the trick. She's gonna milk that for all it's worth.

All hail Dora!!!
Nitro Power
AG
I don't really understand the color code thing. It has no bearing...like on anything. She continues to make a fool of herself.
XpressAg09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Saw her on the news this morning and she says she's not ready to lower the threat level because we could still see a spike due to Labor Day weekend and schools and colleges returning. Says we just need to keep doing our part to lower the numbers and it could be lowered soon.
...because we could still see a spike due to Columbus Day weekend. Says we just need to keep doing our part to lower the numbers and it could be lowered soon...

...because we could still see a spike due to Halloween. Says we just need to keep doing our part to lower the numbers and it could be lowered soon...

...because we could still see a spike due to Thanksgiving. Says we just need to keep doing our part to lower the numbers and it could be lowered soon...

...because we could still see a spike due to Christmas and New Years. Says we just need to keep doing our part to lower the numbers and it could be lowered soon...

Rinse and repeat.

htxag09
AG
How long until hidalgo and/or Turner try to cancel Halloween, aka say kids can't trick or treat?
jetch17
AG
htxag09 said:

How long until hidalgo and/or Turner try to cancel Halloween, aka say kids can't trick or treat?

So dumb, and you KNOW it's comin
Quincey P. Morris
AG
htxag09 said:

The fact that LA County reversed course on that in less than 12 hours makes me think that's unlikely. Now, I fully expect they'll strongly recommend people stay home, but I don't think they try to ban it.
Al Bula
AG
htxag09 said:

that moment when liberal fearmongers and Christians who believe Halloween is devil-worship see eye to eye...

gougler08
AG
Ranger #007 said:

htxag09 said:

The fact that LA County reversed course on that in less than 12 hours makes me think that's unlikely. Now, I fully expect they'll strongly recommend people stay home, but I don't think they try to ban it.
I hadn't seen that they had reversed course...first smart thing they've done in a while
David Carr
Reversed course for now.
Stat Monitor Repairman
LA mayor cancelled Halloween.

A holiday where wearing masks is the norm; cancelled.
AgLiving06
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

LA mayor cancelled Halloween.

A holiday where wearing masks is the norm; cancelled.

they walked that back after the sheriff said they wouldn't even attempt to stop people.
First Page Last Page
Page 268 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.