Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,470 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
FalconAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty ridiculous seeing the two 100+ year old deaths. Imagine if they only reported deaths below the actual life expectancy.

I don't want anyone to die but I'm fairly certain the centenarians didn't have too many years left
gougler08
AG
2 deaths from July being counted on Sept 12th, government ineptitude at its finest
AgLiving06
So % of COVID patients is now down to 15% yet the ICU is near 100% capacity, just as it was when the COVID % was closer to 40-50%.

So it's kind of like the hospitals are managing patient loads...just like they said they would. And our fearless leaders were wrong once again.
DuncanAg
AG
Was grabbing lunch for the family today off Dairy Ashford right by Tully Stadium (super testing site)...not a single car at the testing location.

jetch17
AG
Drove by delmar on the way to lunch - aint dick going on there
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
I was on Washington St tonight. Every bar had lines 30+ deep to get in. No masks being worn inside the bar at all. Bouncer even told us we didn't have to wear the thing when we walked in. People are definitely over the bull**** and ready to move on.
TarponChaser
third coast.. said:

It just makes me sad for the hyper scared types these days or the coronabros watching this thing turn in to nothing and them still being so ate up with it, largely in part to the fraudulent bs from the media and politicians.

That's probably the most depressing thing about all this. People's reaction to this (and some other things the last few years) has shaken my faith in humanity.

My default setting is now to pretty much think a person is a moron until proving otherwise. I used to be the opposite.
Fitch
AG
One of my good friends is a bar owner and he's been just about ruined through this. It's going to be the end of it if bars have to close again. Here's hoping this thing is done and that the bars cramming people in don't wreck it for the whole industry.
jetch17
AG
We report 697* cases of #COVID19 today, bringing
#Houston's total to 68,913. *Of the 697 cases reported today, 15% (104) have specimen collection dates within the last 14 days.
LostInLA07
AG
Garbage data. Wtf takes so long.

With that level of delay they have no ability to detect a spike until it's too late.

Throw out county and city data and just roll with TMC data. They report within 48 hours.
gougler08
AG
That's definitely threat level red conditions
Nitro Power
AG
jetch17 said:

#Houston's total to 68,913. *Of the 697 cases reported today, 15% (104) have specimen collection dates within the last 14 days.

69,000 cases out of 2M people over the course of 6 months. Shut errrr down.
Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

And still no mention that if you are fat that it is more likely for it to affect you, more likely to be serious, and more likely to lead to death. But that is not PC so wash your hands and wear a ****ing mask, but it is safe to take it off to eat that Twinkie that will end up being the death of you.
Keegan99
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Garbage data. Wtf takes so long.

With that level of delay they have no ability to detect a spike until it's too late.

Throw out county and city data and just roll with TMC data. They report within 48 hours.

You can still detect a spike. But you can't do it by testing. You have to do it by CLI survey data from points of care.
CFTXAG10
AG
gougler08 said:

That's definitely threat level red conditions

I love driving to work each day and still seeing the "Threat level red" "stay home" signs. Each passing week is starting to feel more normal out and about
chjoak
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman
chjoak said:

Tldr; La Commandante and the intern slayer still pushing bad data.

80% of reported 'new'cases are over 30-days old.

Local government in major metro areas continue to cook the books to destroy economy until after election.

CFTXAG10
AG
I really wish somebody would publicly challenge them on the numbers they are putting out. Not just a keyboard warrior, but someone who carries weight. Honestly wish it was Abbott but we know that's not gonna happen.
jetch17
AG
The commentary on sly's and Houston health depts FB pages when these metrics are put out daily are mind numbing with the shut-in scared for their lives folks berating anyone who says otherwise
Mikeyshooter
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I really wish somebody would publicly challenge them on the numbers they are putting out. Not just a keyboard warrior, but someone who carries weight. Honestly wish it was Abbott but we know that's not gonna happen.

Even our local media are a bunch of p u s s i e s.
htxag09
AG
I live in rice military, near Washington. Nextdoor is starting to fill up with "are bars supposed to be open?" posts with creepy cell phone pictures from behind dumpsters. Of course the comments are filled with people who are "business owners" themselves and are extremely frustrated at these bars opening because they followed the rules and the bars simply are not! Plus it's very irresponsible and dangerous of them!

You'd think if they were truly a business owner they'd be able to relate to the bar owners/employees on how a shutdown is for their livelihood.
jetch17
AG
it still amazes me that bar openings etc have gotten more direction and information from the likes of TABC etc about capacities and openings than from Abbott being even a LITTLE vocal in directives. Hope he wheels his ass out for a little commentary this week.

This continued backlog and reporting bullsh*t by the city is ridiculous. I know thats nothing new, but seeing the report come out daily with thier asterisked case/death numbers is SO gay, esp when the general public just eats that sh*t up
LostInLA07
AG
So are they all "restaurants" now or is everyone just ignoring the restrictions at this point?
Alex Bregman
AG
LostInLA07 said:

So are they all "restaurants" now or is everyone just ignoring the restrictions at this point?
Not sure, but the bars I've seen don't seem to be restricting it to 50% capacity anyways.
Ciboag96
I honestly think that the majority of Harris County and City of Houston officials and worker bees are just ****ing stupid. The quota system has filled their ranks with overpaid, under-educated idiots. They can't manage a budget, any budget. They can't manage data, any data. Their leadership is not. They know how to exploit for their personal gain.

Now extrapolate their management across private business. That's their beloved goal.
ChemAg15
AG
I watched the cowboys game at beer market in midtown yesterday. There was a sign at the entrance that said all beers must be ordered with food since their new permit required 51% of revenue from food sales. The sign must have just been for show because no one pushed food on us the whole time and we drank way more than we ate. I doubt TABC even cares enough to enforce the silly rule.
BohunkAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Abbott, has been really, really disappointing in all of this. He has turtled badly.
jetch17
AG
This whole "it's JUUUUST a mask" campaign irks me more and more by the day too

/yellsatclouds
XpressAg09
AG
We're at <100 hospitalizations per day at this point, and pretty routinely.

This is also the closest the Gauges-o'-Death have been to all green, pretty incredibly considering the 200 cases per day threshold.

Furthermore, despite suggestions that only sick folks get tested, we're testing at roughly the same rate we were two months ago, however, positivity rates are either half to a quarter where they were at that time, depending on your exact snapshot.

At this point, I'm not sure what folks need to see to let us get back to normal.
Jackal99
AG
Sly and Dora ain't gonna like those numbers. Not one damn bit.
gougler08
AG
XpressAg09 said:

We're at <100 hospitalizations per day at this point, and pretty routinely.

This is also the closest the Gauges-o'-Death have been to all green, pretty incredibly considering the 200 cases per day threshold.

Furthermore, despite suggestions that only sick folks get tested, we're testing at roughly the same rate we were two months ago, however, positivity rates are either half to a quarter where they were at that time, depending on your exact snapshot.

At this point, I'm not sure what folks need to see to let us get back to normal.
It's amazing that they count the full number of cases even though 75% are 2+ weeks old and those people have all recovered
LostInLA07
AG
Well, see, the numbers would be too low if they didn't do that.
Sazerac
AG
that's a feature, not a bug

and was always their plan
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.