Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,788 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gougler08 said:

Also interesting that the late August numbers are going lower with each update
Right, they keep revising everything. There is not a lot that they have an actual handle on, but they pretend to quantify things to justify their rules.

aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Lol "pro life" but anti mask which might save a life. What you mean is "pro life but not if it inconveniences me just a bit". But I get it, too wordy for your version of a live laugh love sign

Yeah...wearing an ineffective mask to make you feel safer going out in public is not like killing a baby.
Diggity
AG
good work adding another hot button issue to an already divisive topic!
Jackal99
AG
Diggity said:

good work adding another hot button issue to an already divisive topic!
That's how we Tine.
Soup93
AG
I don't see it that way. I think they are going through the results data and trying to make it more accurate in terms of when cases occurred (epi curve).

The Harris County site now has the Epi Curve graph as the default tab. The default tab used to be the New Cases graph. If anything, they are now promoting a more optimistic view (Epi Curve graph) of how things currently are.

Also shows end of June/July was even worse than we thought.
chimpanzee
Soup93 said:

I don't see it that way. I think they are going through the results data and trying to make it more accurate in terms of when cases occurred (epi curve).

The Harris County site now has the Epi Curve graph as the default tab. The default tab used to be the New Cases graph. If anything, they are now promoting a more optimistic view (Epi Curve graph) of how things currently are.

Also shows end of June/July was even worse than we thought.
That's an improvement, but Hidalgo still tweets "new cases".
wessimo
AG
Slightly improved transparency.

Nitro Power
AG
wessimo said:

2 - 90-99...FFS I hope I never live to see the 90's
chimpanzee
wessimo said:

For a case rate of slightly less than 1/10,000 for a 14 day span with no known parameters around PCR and no indication as to whether they were symptomatic or not.

I think we're up to ~30k college students positive nationally with zero hospitalizations. Covid seems way less of a problem than booze for college students at this point.

Soup93
AG
They are trying but this isn't clear to me. Does that mean 74% were collected 15 days ago or before?
wessimo
AG
They way I read it, 74% are more than two weeks old.
ChemAg15
XpressAg09
AG
wessimo said:

What is it with the Ronas and everything being 14 days/2 weeks.

Get your data straight..."only 26% in the last two weeks" means ain't hardly anybody getting sick this month.

And since when is anti-mask the same as aborting babies? Helluva reach.
Fitch
AG
Generally the trend is established within 3-4 weeks, but I've seen moderate revisions to May & June as recently as this past week (some 3 months later) plus a big revision to July, 8 or 9 weeks after the fact.

My very rudimentary reading of the tea leaves is there are 3 "dates" that cases are published: date the results are made public, date the test was conducted and date the person began feeling unwell or may have become infected.

The news only publishes the first, as it is the only timely data point that refreshes each day.

The testing centers all have different labs that take different lengths of time to process results, so backdating to the date a test was performed takes several weeks to compile a representative sample.

The last date, when a positive case became ill or started feeling unwell is a time intensive investigation and with a high volume of cases contact tracing becomes impossible.
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
Almost as if it's being politicized by democratic leaders in an election year after failing to remove the president from office for 3.5 years?
Fitch
AG
Then you had an antigen test, of which there have been about 44,000 used in Texas compared with the 5.4 million tests that take a few days to several weeks to turn around. Rule of thumb, public test sites take 7-14+ days to turn around, private labs 2-5 days and hospitals a couple of hours.
RK
AG
My family has taken 5 individual tests at the Minute Maid lot c drive through. Turnaround on each was just over 24 hrs.
CFTXAG10
AG
Fwiw I drove by the mega site over at San Jac College and Aztec rentals was taking all of the tents and equipment down. Looks like they are closing up shop.
BowSowy
AG
So at least 3/4 of those have already gotten over the virus? Worthless numbers.
Keegan99
AG
Dora pushed to honesty.

Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Keegan99 said:

Dora pushed to honesty.

so less than 15 new cases per day over the last 14 days. In a County of ~5 Million?

Criminal.

Keegan99
AG
Eh... It's more than that. Because there will be another ~200 added to the "previous 14 days" tomorrow.

So it'll end up being about 200 per day, but still miniscule given the population.
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Lines out the door at bars on Washington tonight. Haven't seen that in a minute.
htxag09
AG
Cause jff was there.
htxag09
AG
Keegan99 said:

Eh... It's more than that. Because there will be another ~200 added to the "previous 14 days" tomorrow.

So it'll end up being about 200 per day, but still miniscule given the population.

This has been my biggest frustration. We're making rules and policy on absolute garbage data. 300 cases are from over a month old, going on historical trends id say a good chunk of those are from 2 months. So we won't know how many positives we had today for another 2+ months. We won't know how many deaths we had today for another 3+ months.

One side is being really disingenuous by showing the deaths and new cases as "today's" total. The other side is also being disingenuous by acknowledging that half the numbers are a month old but not acknowledging there will be an lag data for "today" coming out over the next weeks. They're taking the within two week number as if it's final.

Either way, the lag in data is unacceptable for creating policies and restrictions and, honestly, dumbfounding seeing how it's 2020.
Nitro Power
AG
Anybody that think Dora doesn't have bigger aspirations within the Democrat party needs to take a look at this.

https://abc13.com/politics/president-stripped-away-my-authority-harris-co-judge-says/6419070/

This ***** actually thinks she has the power to change how a virus works. The virus was always going to act the way it did with or without mitigation. This dumb ***** is right on par with AOC and is a significant danger to the US.

She is just trying to take shots at the president. Abbott is the one who really ***** slapped her. Once again trying to act like she is more important than she really is.
jetch17
cone
AG
if/when Biden wins, she'll be out on her ass in the 2022 midterms

so I imagine she bounces out before then
XpressAg09
AG
Harris County Judge is a SIX year term.

Edit, never mind. Thought I saw it was six.

Alex Bregman
AG
The bars on 19th/20th street have been packed both Thursday and Friday. We're gonna see here pretty quickly if this thing is burned out or not.
wessimo
AG

200 cases within the last two weeks. I don't understand why the reports are so delayed given the massive slow down in testing rates.
jetch17
AG
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
First Page Last Page
Page 266 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.