Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,518 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Anecdotal story, but found out a coworker of mine was hospitalized for COVID.

Where it's interesting is it wasn't for COVID symptoms directly, but for nausea that caused her to get dehydrated. Once they gave her an IV, she was able to go home.

Nasuea is a covid symptom tho
AgLiving06
AgsMyDude said:

AgLiving06 said:

Anecdotal story, but found out a coworker of mine was hospitalized for COVID.

Where it's interesting is it wasn't for COVID symptoms directly, but for nausea that caused her to get dehydrated. Once they gave her an IV, she was able to go home.

Nasuea is a covid symptom tho

But there are also ways to treat nausea without being hospitalized.... she was apparently sick for a week before they took action.
wessimo
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

BohunkAg said:

This is undoubtedly the case....article is behind a paywall, but the assertion is true

Ventilators and more ventilators and not enough ventilators use to be all the rage.

Member when folks lost their mind because Trump was reluctant to use the War Powers Act to force car companies to manufacture ventilators?

I member.

Member when that is exactly what he did (with GM)?
cc_ag92
AG
Did she not try any other ways to treat the vomiting? I'm assuming she actually vomited, not just experienced nausea (the feeling of needing to vomit), if she was dehydrated enough to need IV fluids.

Or did she ignore it until she needed an IV?

Most people who go to the hospital for dehydration due to vomiting have tried to treat it at home and end up at the hospital as a last resort.

BigPuma
AG
third coast.. said:

No spacing rule at the black pearl today in galveston.
That place is nut to butt anyway....They don't have the room to space even if they wanted to.
Matt Hooper
AG
Happy Labor Day weekend everyone.
Get out and go celebrate the end of the over hyped rona hysteria.

Anecdotal tale #1 million - went to a pizza/Italian restaurant Thursday evening in Houston. 100% full inside and patio. Small space at bar was open. I asked if I could order food to go and grab a cocktail while I wait. Staff brought be a chair and took away the social distance sign. Winning.

Anecdotal tale #1 million +1 - was in Austin Monday afternoon/night. 1st to 3rd street area east of Congress. Lots of restaurants still closed or limited hours. The air was Still thick with the fear of the Rona, and urine on certain corners. Wussification. Sad.

Post removed:
by user
JYDog90
AG
Dora's been amazingly silent on the impending opening of schools on Tuesday. Wasn't there supposed to be some phased in approach and every school had to get a review from the Harris Co Health Dept and she wasn't sure that it would actually happen on the 8th, but she'd let them know?

Formerly Willy Wonka
T Durden
AG
She got smacked down by state AG and the Gov. Absolutely no authority i think were the words the Gov said...
jetch17
AG
She's crossing her fingers that it starts to run rampant in schools and bar openings so she can wag her idiot finger

In the meantime we'll keep wagging a different finger back at her
LostInLA07
AG
T Durden said:

She got smacked down by state AG and the Gov. Absolutely no authority i think were the words the Gov said...

"No authority whatsoever"
gooberhead
AG
I love the black pearl!
Alex Bregman
AG
Anyone have a door to door tester come by yet?

I'm waiting for a first hand account of this crap.
kapon
AG
What are your guesses on what's going to happen this week?
Will Abbott open things up now that most school districts are back on campus?
Petrino1
Bars were PACKED this weekend everywhere. Felt like things were back to normal. Does turner still have his wall of shame? Because he would have to put every single bar in houston on that wall lol.
Fitch
AG
Yeah, upper Washington bars by my house were slammed packed last night when I drove by.
Nitro Power
AG
kapon said:

Something relatively underwhelming and more lecturing about how we have to wear the mask. Bookmark this...
wessimo
AG
Bars and restaurants getting back to normal (or maybe busier than normal due to pent up demand).

Colleges going back in session.

Many grade schools going back to in-person classes.

More offices reopening.

We're about to find out if the herd immunity (or "burnout") theory has any veracity.
Post removed:
by user
FalconAg06
wessimo said:

Bars and restaurants getting back to normal (or maybe busier than normal due to pent up demand).

Colleges going back in session.

Many grade schools going back to in-person classes.

More offices reopening.

We're about to find out if the herd immunity (or "burnout") theory has any veracity.

LetTheGreatExperimentBegin.gif
jetch17
AG
Ch.13 showed the videos from Montgomery co judge and Dora to gov Abbot ahead of wheels presser this week regarding reopening:

MoCo: "I'm pleading with you on behalf of Montgomery county and entire state of Texas - OPEN IT ALL UP"

Lina: "we must not open things up and overwhelm our hospitals - it would be a huge mistake"

F her.
aTm2004
AG
kapon said:

"COVID-19 is still a very serious virus, and through our efforts, we have been able to reduce its spread. I will open the following BS things up at 25%, and extend the mask requirement." <probably>
htxag09
AG
The longer this goes on the more convinced I am that people are just lazy ****ers and they just want to keep everything closed so they don't have to go back to actually doing something.

They are pleading with government officials to not open it up as its still too dangerous and they don't feel safe. Local government officials have gotten their taste of stardom and power and happily oblige so they don't lose it.

Looking at the stats, there is 0 reason for this nonsense.
cone
AG
give a damn in London busted weeks ago

legit curious how they are holding up
wessimo
AG
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-54065793
Keegan99
AG
cone
AG
so are they locking down again?

my man on the scene says **** no
Onceaggie2.0
Still the overwhelming hospitals lie .. also fat ***** working at canyon creek lost her **** over my mask I ordered then ate outside and took it off the horror !
59 South
AG

Here's the problem. There is what the media tells you (and politicians), and then there is reality. I read the Jim Edwards (Editor in Chief of Business Insider) threads when he puts them out, and his words that go along with the charts are sometimes sorta in line, sometimes make no sense, and routinely just absurd. A lot of people just read the tweet line. Go read the whole thread he put out this morning, and then compare his thoughts to the charts.

I've found myself many times just dumbfounded by his tweets. And this dude is Editor in Chief for Business Insider. He's either grossly incompetent (very unlikely) or driving a clear biased agenda.

"Deaths remain minimal but, tellingly, no zero days yet." Yesterday 3 reported deaths out of a 68 million population. It's been pretty much fully open for over 2 months now. I'd call the way it has played out extreme success so far.

"Even Germany has lost its grip" LOL, did you even look at the chart Jim? And I'm sure the fact that testing is WAY up was not even considered.

"Spain: That second wave was pretty much as bad as the first one." LOL

"France's second wave is worse than the first. But deaths are minimal." LOL WUT
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
gougler08
AG
The amount of angst people have over someone they'll never meet getting sick, but then fully recovering is amazing to me

Deaths / hospitalizations are all that matters, but our fearless leaders and media just focus on the case numbers since they can always point to that climbing
AgLiving06
I was listening to the Ted Cruz podcast and I heard something interesting. I haven't validated any of it, but wanted to put the question out there. I'm going from memory so may get some of it wrong.

He had on someone who was talking about the sensitivity of the PCR testing. A study was done early on in France that suggested they use a 30 CT sensitivity as a reasonable level. That anything above that risked being just artifacts or good signs of asymptomatic people.

He said, however, that most of the world chose to be more sensitive at was in the range of 35-40, with the US splitting the difference at around 37.

The claim he made was that something like 70-80% of all positives fell in the 30+ range and under the original guidance would not have been counted.

He did say, to be fair, that initially with the novel virus, the higher sensitivity likely made sense, but for the world to continue at that level really calls into question the motives.

I'll link the podcast: Link

Maybe I completely misunderstood it or what was said was just wrong, but seems to raise some questions.
Keegan99
AG
This is correct. It was even reported in the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

We're paralyzing society by testing and quarantining people that aren't actually ill. It's lunacy.
Bassmaster
AG
Went to Dosey Doe in The Woodlands last week to see some live music. As we walked in, my wife held her mask up to her face. The worker at the door said "our employees have to wear them, but you don't have to wear the stupid ass masks." It was a good night.
FalconAg06
MoCo is the only actual Texan county left in the greater Houston area
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.