Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,016 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CEk3xzNp8Oe
Keegan99
AG

Federal (HHS) for Texas vs State of Texas (DSHS).

The state data is trash.
Nitro Power
AG
Dora said we need to "crush the curve". This is not crushing the curve. If the slope was just a little sharper maybe, but it is not, so we need to keep it locked down. You know because you only have a 99.6% chance of surviving COVID Plague 2020.
gougler08
AG
Our leaders are just arrogant enough to think that their orders/mandates are the reason why things are happening, but in reality this is just how the virus works. In almost all countries/states, we've seen a spike in cases for 4-8 weeks and then a fairly sharp decline as the virus burns itself out...no matter what the policies
Foamcows
AG
I havent seen it posted here, or perhaps i missed it over the weekend. But is it true that Dora is dropping nearly 7x the annual budget to mail every registered voter guidance for applying for mail in voting? Even though only a small small fraction of those would even be eligible? https://www.texaspolicy.com/keeping-harris-county-seniors-and-their-votes-safe-in-our-elections/

edit nevermind, this is old news, just making its way back around on twitter
chimpanzee
gougler08 said:

Our leaders are just arrogant enough to think that their orders/mandates are the reason why things are happening, but in reality this is just how the virus works. In almost all countries/states, we've seen a spike in cases for 4-8 weeks and then a fairly sharp decline as the virus burns itself out...no matter what the policies

Right, there's no correlation between timing or extent of non-pharma interventions and we have hundreds of test cases to compare.

Good to see DeSantis bring up Peru. It is apparently not otherwise newsworthy that they've had a harsh lockdown since March, but just took the lead in deaths per capita. I'm hoping he's giving Abbott some courage.
LostInLA07
AG
aTm2004 said:

I can see waiting until after Labor Day, but after that, there's no way to justify it.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas/2020/09/01/gov-greg-abbott-hopes-to-provide-next-steps-on-covid-19-restrictions-in-texas-next-week/
Aggie Hunter
AG
Day 4 update: First two days sucked and didn't want to get out of bed (fever, headache, achy, cough). Day 3 felt slightly better no energy. Day 4 I forced my self to go outside and sweat for 2 hours and then came in and took a cold shower. So far this is been the best I have felt.

So someone call CNN and tell them some Aggie figured out the cure. Sweating and cold showers!!!!
LostInLA07
AG
Consistent with what I've read. Moving around is the best thing for you.
aTm2004
AG
Let's see...blah blah blah blah...<pats himself on the back, then rushed to med center for new arm>...blah blah blah blah...here's how we're going to reopen chit starting it 2 ****ing weeks...haha peasants!
aTm2004
AG
Exactly how I felt the 3rd week of this shutdown when I went to the doctor and tested positive for strep. I had all of that minus cough.

Good luck and happy to hear you're feeling better.
AgLiving06
Aggie Hunter said:

Day 4 update: First two days sucked and didn't want to get out of bed (fever, headache, achy, cough). Day 3 felt slightly better no energy. Day 4 I forced my self to go outside and sweat for 2 hours and then came in and took a cold shower. So far this is been the best I have felt.

So someone call CNN and tell them some Aggie figured out the cure. Sweating and cold showers!!!!

My coworker had it and went running basically everyday he had it. Said he felt like that was a game changer for him.
swimmerbabe11
I know we don't live in Iowa, but if anyone wants to take a moment to tell the governor of iowa to allow breweries to sell on their patios, i would appreciate it.
Post removed:
by user
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

That is good news. Hopefully you keep improving quickly.
WES2006AG
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Aggie Hunter said:

My coworker had it and went running basically everyday he had it. Said he felt like that was a game changer for him.
It is crazy to me that he was able to do that. I couldn't walk around my house without getting fatigued, much less go running.
Ciboag96
'The virus is still looking for you': Mayor Turner says COVID-19 fight not over

Subtitle:
Quote:

In Fort Bend County, the latest numbers show an increasing number of COVID-19 infections in young adults.

Quote:

On the last day of August, Houston has reason to feel better, but not complacent. Weeks ago, the COVID-19 positivity rate was a record 23%. Now it's down to 7.8%.

"The goal that I announced a month ago was to be at 5% or below by the end of August," Mayor Sylvester Turner said. "We didn't quite make that, but we are at 7.8%, so it is showing progress that we are moving in the right direction."

Quote:

"We're still at a rate where we can't enjoy a good quality of life," said Hotez. "We still have a screaming level of transmission."

And with Labor Day just a week ago, Turner urged Houstonians to not let their guard down.

"The virus is still looking for you," Turner said. "If you come together, you will give it a home."

jetch17
AG
F him
Keegan99
AG
These journalists are still giving Hotez a platform without calling him out for his comically wrong doomsday predictions
cone
AG
Quote:

"We still have a screaming level of transmission."
wtf does this mean
chimpanzee
cone said:

Quote:

"We still have a screaming level of transmission."
wtf does this mean
Sounds like our transmission has got them down...

gougler08
AG
I'm sure FBISD will use this as the excuse to keep schools online for another 4 weeks...****
Aggie Hunter
AG
WES2006AG said:

AgLiving06 said:

Aggie Hunter said:

It is crazy to me that he was able to do that. I couldn't walk around my house without getting fatigued, much less go running.

Yea when I say sweating I was laying by the pool just letting the sun bake me. Heck I got tired walking from house to pool. I sure as hell wasnt going running.
cone
AG
a simpler time
gougler08
AG
It's also amazing that the Fort Bend comments keep coming out around huge numbers of cases, etc. when they've been open in saying they are using the Texas Backlog Tracing counts in their daily numbers. When you look at the Epi Curve, it shows this is such a non-issue now it's amazing

Fitch
AG
Passing along some buzz from a teacher- HISD Board apparently discussed an action item today relating to delaying resumption of students in classrooms to October 31st.
JYDog90
AG
Fitch said:

Passing along some buzz from a teacher- HISD Board apparently discussed an action item today relating to delaying resumption of students in classrooms to October 31st.

When is someone going to come out and just say, "you know, it's easier, and frankly, a lot cheaper to have kids stay at home as opposed to feeding and air conditioning and keeping them safe every day. Besides, we'd all rather stay at home. Commute is much, much easier.
Formerly Willy Wonka
FalconAg06
Fitch said:

Halloween? They couldn't wait until All Souls Day?
RK
AG
They should stop wasting time and just say HISD won't see the inside of a classroom the remainder 2020.
tylercsbn9
AG
Fitch said:

Headline from 2022. HISD students continue to fall further behind their suburban counterparts. More funding proposed
Alex Bregman
AG
How about instead of making up some arbitrary date of return, they state what criteria will need to be met before they resume?
tylercsbn9
AG
Alex Bregman said:

How about instead of making up some arbitrary date of return, they state what criteria will need to be met before they resume?

cone
AG
lol more like December 31st
Diggity
AG
Our only hope is that people are fed up (and will be increasingly so with virtual school) and just stop listening to these eggheads.
Quote:

Chris Amos, a Baylor College of Medicine quantitative scientist, said "the timing could not be worse for rolling back."

"Given the number who test positive reflect perhaps 10 times as many individuals who have not been tested but are positive," said Amos, "there remains a large pool of individuals who can spread COVID-19 if they begin interacting with many others, and particularly if we allow large groups to start coming together again."
Quote:

Hotez, who urges tighter controls instead of rolling back, says he expects the case numbers to go back up as schools and colleges open. And although the spike after the Fourth of July wasn't as big as the one after Memorial Day, he worries Labor Day will bring more more spread.

'Rolling back will work against us': Why Houston is in disease 'purgatory'
Nitro Power
AG
The disease "purgatory" is the liberal base.
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.