Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,146 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Fitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been eating out, shopping, traveling, flying....theaters are gearing up for the new Christoper Nolan flick...remind me what's still closed. Bars & clubs?
TXTransplant
Fitch said:

I've been eating out, shopping, traveling, flying....theaters are gearing up for the new Christoper Nolan flick...remind me what's still closed. Bars & clubs?

Some schools.

The last of those should open next Monday, but I'm expecting only about 50% will go in person, at least in our area.

Cy-Fair teachers planning a protest at tonight's school board meeting, claiming it's not safe to open schools.

Churches. Some in my area only have service online. Mine does have mass, but the church is closed for everything else, including Faith Formation and Boy Scouts.

Still a lot of "scared" people around me.
gougler08
AG
TXTransplant said:

Fitch said:

Some schools.

The last of those should open next Monday, but I'm expecting only about 50% will go in person, at least in our area.

Churches. Some in my area only have service online. Mine does have mass, but the church is closed for everything else, including Faith Formation and Boy Scouts.

Still a lot of "scared" people around me.
HISD is closed until October, FBISD til mid-Sept so not all schools are close to open
TXTransplant
I forgot/wasn't thinking about HISD and didn't realize FBISD had pushed their start date back so far.
gougler08
AG
TXTransplant said:

I forgot/wasn't thinking about HISD and didn't realize FBISD had pushed their start date back so far.
Yeah FBISD has online only til Sept 14th...board decision on Wednesday for next steps
jetch17
AG
First thing on ch13

Sly:
"There is NO reason not to get tested ... get out there and do it at any of the testing centers NOW"
LostInLA07
AG
Sounds like a fun afternoon!
Nitro Power
AG
jetch17 said:

First thing on ch13

Sly:
"There is NO reason not to get tested ... get out there and do it at any of the testing centers NOW"

He's such a piece of ***** Talking about the positivity rate going sown but that it might go back up. Tired of these liberal ignorant *******s.
jetch17
AG
"Coming up at 6, we'll look at WHY there are short lines at sites like this behind me"
Fitch
AG
Drove by the Seaside Lounge at the far east end of W Dallas before downtown on Saturday...and again yesterday... and there must have been a few hundred (more?) folks out clubbing. Parking flaggers and all. Thought it was interesting.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Fitch said:

Drove by the Seaside Lounge at the far east end of W Dallas before downtown on Saturday...and again yesterday... and there must have been a few hundred (more?) folks out clubbing. Parking flaggers and all. Thought it was interesting.

This you???
Keegan99
AG
jetch17 said:

First thing on ch13

Sly:

My reason is "I'm not sick, jackass."
Fitch
AG
Negative ghost rider. Ain't my business to tell others theirs'.

But there were literally lines out the door flowing into the street at midnight....like five blocks from city hall...might as well had a spotlight pointed to the sky.
aTm2004
AG
If you ever wonder why Dora and Boots continue their BS, this is from Biden's speech gaff today.

Trump is trying to return people to normal, yet ol Joe is out there trying to keep the public scared. The DNC's local lemmings will continue to push the narrative in hopes of some kind of job for being a good little pet.
WES2006AG
AG
aTm2004 said:

If you ever wonder why Dora and Boots continue their BS, this is from Biden's speech gaff today.

Trump is trying to return people to normal, yet ol Joe is out there trying to keep the public scared. The DNC's local lemmings will continue to push the narrative in hopes of some kind of job for being a good little pet.
https://apnews.com/ad96548245e186382225818d8dc416eb

Guess Joe is being cautious about large gatherings after things like this.
Nitro Power
AG
WES2006AG said:

aTm2004 said:

So many trash postings these days, I had to look at your emoji to see if you were being serious
WES2006AG
AG
Nitro Power said:

WES2006AG said:

aTm2004 said:

So many trash postings these days, I had to look at your emoji to see if you were being serious
I was being serious. The emoji was more laughing at the idea that we shouldn't continue to social distance where possible. Packing stadiums at this point seems like a bad idea unless you can spread people out.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
We goin Tulsa REEEEEE on here now?

JFC
chimpanzee
When we're done with this cycle of bringing everything back to Trump as the internet must, can we get back to the fact that Harris County is basing its restrictions on the haphazardly aggregated results of a clinical test of unknown calibration that are reported without acknowledgement of when the presence of a virus (or parts thereof), but not an active or transmissible infection, was detected?

The orange line is what Hidalgo is using to keep things closed, the solid yellow line is detected cases by date detected, still with no distinction as to whether they are infectious, symptomatic, false positives because of the number of amplification cycles or anything. There is a lag for cases to be processed, but even with a 20 day lag, HC's #'s are below 400/day.

But yes, keep coming in and getting tested because if necessary, we can crank the PCR machine up to the point that it detects C19 RNA from a ham sandwich, but we need your information to trace and follow you.
aggie_sprt
chimpanzee said:

When we're done with this cycle of bringing everything back to Trump as the internet must, can we get back to the fact that Harris County is basing its restrictions on the haphazardly aggregated results of a clinical test of unknown calibration that are reported without acknowledgement of when the presence of a virus (or parts thereof), but not an active or transmissible infection, was detected?

The orange line is what Hidalgo is using to keep things closed, the solid yellow line is detected cases by date detected, still with no distinction as to whether they are infectious, symptomatic, false positives because of the number of amplification cycles or anything. There is a lag for cases to be processed, but even with a 20 day lag, HC's #'s are below 400/day.

But yes, keep coming in and getting tested because if necessary, we can crank the PCR machine up to the point that it detects C19 RNA from a ham sandwich, but we need your information to trace and follow you.
What is the source for that graph?
Motis B Totis
AG
Looks like the same data as the Harris County dashboard. flip between case by day & Epi Curve

https://harriscounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/c0de71f8ea484b85bb5efcb7c07c6914
chimpanzee
aggie_sprt said:

chimpanzee said:

What is the source for that graph?

@JoeWo2020 on Twitter, he pulled it from table data published by Texas' DSHS by county data.

https://twitter.com/JoeWo2020

He has focused on Harris County/Houston, but he and @therealarod1984 (Dallas based, I think) have done a lot of work parsing Texas data ever since Abbott called them out and they started publishing the "pending assignment" amount that absolutely blew up the rationale that Hidalgo (and Jenkins et. al.) was using around % positive and detected cases.

Those are manipulated metrics.
jetch17
AG
No no the CDC doesn't know what they're talmbout

https://instagr.am/p/CEkqJzppJqn
gougler08
AG
jetch17 said:

No no the CDC doesn't know what they're talmbout

https://instagr.am/p/CEkqJzppJqn
Oh for ****s sake
Keegan99
AG
Yes, the local rubes at the county health department are more enlightened than the CDC.

Nevermind that what the CDC is generally recommending is not without recent precedent.

jetch17
AG
EVERYBODY GO GET TESTED!!!!!!
chimpanzee
Quote:

Those who are asymptomatic for COVID-19 can still spread the disease to others who may not only experience symptoms but could develop long-term effects and even death
Well that sure sounds scary. It would be nice if someone would study that type of transmission to determine how often it happens.

Oh, wait...

Quote:

Even if there is some asymptomatic transmission, in all the history of respiratory born viruses of any type, asymptomatic transmission has never been the driver of outbreaks. - Anthony Fauci January 28, 2020

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-2671

One could go on like this for hours. It's literally what everyone understood to be the case before pretending to care for "safety" while achieving other political ends took precedence.
aggietony2010
AG
Shouldn't Instagram take down this post? I thought only CDC/WHO propaganda information was allowed on social media these days.
TexAg91
AG
jetch17 said:

EVERYBODY GO GET TESTED!!!!!!
AND STAY HOME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
Bondag
AG
You must get tested if you fall in 1 of 3 categories
1. You have symptoms
2. You have been exposed to someone with Covid
3. Just cause
htxag09
AG
It's ****ing science!!!! You must wear a mask, social distance, close restaurants and bars, and self quarantine!!! The cdc wouldn't say so if it wasn't true. Why don't you believe in science?!?!?!

Well they're slightly mistaken on the testing portion. We know more than them on this particular aspect. But we still believe in science and you don't! Why don't you believe in science?!?!?!
aggie_sprt
chimpanzee said:

@JoeWo2020 on Twitter, he pulled it from table data published by Texas' DSHS by county data.

https://twitter.com/JoeWo2020

He has focused on Harris County/Houston, but he and @therealarod1984 (Dallas based, I think) have done a lot of work parsing Texas data ever since Abbott called them out and they started publishing the "pending assignment" amount that absolutely blew up the rationale that Hidalgo (and Jenkins et. al.) was using around % positive and detected cases.

Those are manipulated metrics.
Thanks for the twitter link. Looks like its worth a follow.

Keegan99
AG

This is the epi curve for Harris County. Positive test results by date of specimen collection.

Sly and Dora are desperately trying to figure out how to keep the panic going for another two months.
jetch17
AG
Fugging ridiculous
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.