Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,969 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
AeroAg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not implying anything. 6% died only of Covid. 94% died with it. Those numbers include people that died of pneumonia related to Covid. They also include people who didn't die of complications due to Covid related issues.
htxag09
AG
rudy99 said:

I'm not implying anything. 6% died only of Covid. 94% died with it. Those numbers include people that died of pneumonia related to Covid. They also include people who didn't die of complications due to Covid related issues.

Quote:

The fact remains, in CDC writing, that 6% of the deaths are solely related to covid. The balance of the deaths are related to covid + car wrecks, covid+gunshots, covid+ heart attack, covid+old age.

That's implying something. And it's implying something that just isn't true.
Fitch
AG
**Obligatory disclaimer that fatalities data over the trailing ~3 weeks is very subject to revision as data comes in and should be read as provisional.

Positive trends all the way around.

Onceaggie2.0
Are we in phase 2 indefintley has their not been an update from Abbott in awhile?
XpressAg09
AG
I'll say "here" for you at Muster 2021.
AeroAg1
AG
I don't understand your logic. I clearly indicate that 94% of those deaths had Covid + something else.

Now, its also true that not every person that died from Covid + something actually died of Covid related Issues. If that's what you are referring to then I can see that you are assuming I was implying something else other then what I wrote.
Fitch
AG
Sort of a moot argument.

Flu doesn't kill all that many people, but follow on diseases brought about because of a serious bout of flu (i.e. pneumonia, renal and organ failure...) add up to a large total. That's why deaths from flu are typically stated as "Influenza and Pneumonia" related. Doesn't make two ****s difference post mortem.

Same thing here. Doesn't change the total or the political calculus so WGAF.

Arguing over a GD data point doesn't do much to unwind a few hundred thousand deaths nor will it affect policy one iota.

Far more productive to argue about what Hidalgo will be doing for her 30th birthday party.
Bondag
AG
Fitch said:

Sort of a moot argument.

Flu doesn't kill all that many people, but follow on diseases brought about because of a serious bout of flu (i.e. pneumonia, renal and organ failure...) add up to a large total. That's why deaths from flu are typically stated as "Influenza and Pneumonia" related. Doesn't make two ****s difference post mortem.

Same thing here. Doesn't change the total or the political calculus so WGAF.

Arguing over a GD data point doesn't do much to unwind a few hundred thousand deaths nor will it affect policy one iota.

Far more productive to argue about what Hidalgo will be doing for her 30th birthday party.

Hookers and blow like a good Columbian
Aggie Hunter
AG
I don't believe in all the Covid political **** but I will tell you this for the last 24 hours I have felt worse than I have in 10 years. I have had 101.9 fever for 14+ hours. Feels just like the flu so far.
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

I don't believe in all the Covid political **** but I will tell you this for the last 24 hours I have felt worse than I have in 10 years. I have had 101.9 fever for 14+ hours. Feels just like the flu so far.
Hang in there man. Hope you have a short bout of that stuff.
cone
AG
try to monitor your O2 if possible

that seems to be the difference in flu at home and a hospital stay

getting on it early is key
Ronnie
AG
cone said:

Yes I agree, make sure you are breathing.
JYDog90
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

Are you taking the supplement list from the coronavirus thread?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Aggie Hunter
AG
No I'm letting it run it's course.
BarryProfit
Willy Wonka said:

Aggie Hunter said:

Are you taking the supplement list from the coronavirus thread?

Can you repost this list please?
aggiemike02
AG
Quote:

Quercetin from 250mg up to 1g twice per day Remember this is a Zinc ionophore.
Vitamin D3 Take this for sure if you are deficient and I now recommend taking it as long as your values are not too high. Remember too much vitamin D can cause issues. However, if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 take 50,000IU immediately as this appears to have significant benefits.
Sleep greater than 8 hours per night
CoQ10 100-300mg per day: a potent antioxidant that potentially helps balance oxidative stress, increase vasodilation, prevent clot formation and decrease vasoconstriction.
Zinc any amount is probably good but take what you can tolerate without making you feel bad up to 40mg. You do not want to be Zinc deficient as it is how many drugs like HCQ work.
Melatonin 0.1mg to 10mg at night. Take what you can tolerate and what helps you sleep without making you feel drugged or tired in the morning. If you are diabetic watch your sugars.
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) - 600mg twice per day shown to decrease severity of influenza, improve lung functions in COPD, antioxidant properties, potentially helps prevent clotting and with mental disorders. Caution for asthmatics as there is potential for bronchospasm but this is rare.
Vitamin C 250mg to 500mg twice per day. Effects debatable in oral form but IV did help in China. But is proven to strengthen immune system
Green Tea either drink some or 1 pill per day alternate zinc ionophore if you don't have or don't take Quercetin
Famotidine 10-20mg twice per day potentially inhibits viral replication and helps with heartburn
BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

One of the first things my wife did was bought us a pulse/ox monitor...the little one you put on your finger.
cone
AG
smart lady
J. Walter Weatherman
HouAggie2007 said:

GTFO here with that ***** That is not what it means. That list shows the other events that are listed on covid death certificates. If covid causes pneumonia like symptoms and you die of pneumonia are you telling me that's not a covid death?

You can feel that it is not nearly as dangerous as people thought in March and I won't argue with you for a minute but to purposely misinterpret data is exactly what :insertwhicheverpartyyouthinkisruiningamerica: does

Correct, I also think morons like Hidalgo, Turner, Newsom, etc using positivity rate as a reason to keep things closed is idiotic (and likely to end on approximately November 4th), glad you agree.
BohunkAg
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

HouAggie2007 said:

GTFO here with that ***** That is not what it means. That list shows the other events that are listed on covid death certificates. If covid causes pneumonia like symptoms and you die of pneumonia are you telling me that's not a covid death?

You can feel that it is not nearly as dangerous as people thought in March and I won't argue with you for a minute but to purposely misinterpret data is exactly what :insertwhicheverpartyyouthinkisruiningamerica: does

Correct, I also think morons like Hidalgo, Turner, Newsom, etc using positivity rate as a reason to keep things closed is idiotic (and likely to end on approximately November 4th), glad you agree.
Guess it could be worse....could be in America's largest city. Holy crap.

cone
AG
DeBlasio is an arsonist
Keegan99
AG
And the Philly mayor...

gougler08
AG
Keegan99 said:

And the Philly mayor...

As usual with Democrats, what applies for thee does not for me
htxag09
AG
https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/how-flatten-the-curve-turned-into-shut-down-forever-here-in-california/

Some of these requirements are laughable. Or would be if they weren't so depressing
jenn96
AG
htxag09 said:

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/how-flatten-the-curve-turned-into-shut-down-forever-here-in-california/

Some of these requirements are laughable. Or would be if they weren't so depressing
And the people who live there are fine with this, or fine enough that they won't vote any of these clowns out of office. I'd say there's no accountability except that there is, there are elections. This is the life that Californians choose.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
jenn96 said:

htxag09 said:

And the people who live there are fine with this, or fine enough that they won't vote any of these clowns out of office. I'd say there's no accountability except that there is, there are elections. This is the life that Californians choose.
and are bringing here. So we better get our ass to the voting booth in November
Keegan99
AG

Best leading indicator nationally is at rock bottom.
aTm2004
AG
Someone go nudge Guvnah and tell him it's time to open chit up, or at the very least, toss the masks in the trash.
LostInLA07
AG
If he doesn't open everything up to at least 50% capacity by Sept 8 I don't know if he ever plans to. The only thing I can think of at this point is he doesn't want to open all bars for Labor Day weekend.

I highly doubt masks are going away until the vaccine is available.
aTm2004
AG
I can see waiting until after Labor Day, but after that, there's no way to justify it.
TXTransplant
Unincorporated Harris County stats:

Active cases: 2150
Population: approx 2.37 million

0.09% of the population currently has the virus.

Houston stats:

Active cases: 13,878
Population: approx 2.33 million

0.6% of the population currently has the virus.

The sad thing is, most people aren't even bothering to go look at the numbers. They just hear our leaders/the media continue to say this is still a dire situation and don't question it.
LostInLA07
AG
Because the media doesn't report active cases. They like to report the scary big cumulative case number with no mention of recoveries or active cases.
BohunkAg
AG
LostInLA07 said:

If he doesn't open everything up to at least 50% capacity by Sept 8 I don't know if he ever plans to. The only thing I can think of at this point is he doesn't want to open all bars for Labor Day weekend.

I highly doubt masks are going away until the vaccine is available.
Ah yes, the vaccine we are supposed to have at some magical point in the future.
LostInLA07
AG
It's not going to be simply having it. It's going to start with needing it more widely available (there will be a new graph/gauge and color coded map with a lot of red) and then shift to the number of people who have been vaccinated...because that's where the money is. They'll use masks to make people get the vaccine and the target will be more ridiculous than the 200 cases in the Greater Houston area target we currently have.
TXTransplant
LostInLA07 said:

Because the media doesn't report active cases. They like to report the scary big cumulative case number with no mention of recoveries or active cases.

I know. But it's not like the active numbers are hard to find. People just don't bother.

From a day-to-day standpoint, the numbers in the rest of Houston/Harris Co mean nothing to me. My zip code and the one closest to me have a combined total of 79 cases. I think it's safe go to the HEB.

People just can't - or refuse - to think critically. And, honestly, I think a lot of people like to be in panic/crisis mode. I'm sure this pandemic has fed a whole lot of dysfunction.
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.