Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,224 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amazing how people haven't been testing as much with recent CDC guidance + the Laura scare...so glad we use positive rate as a metric
Nitro Power
AG
It's the easiest to manipulate and the sheep as a whole refuse to think rationally about what positivity rate actually means.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
RK
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Test Down, Positivity Up.

That's the way we like to **** [/Lina]
jetch17
AG
Ch13 back to covid pumping and criticizing the CDC guidelines and saying follow local directives
XpressAg09
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

The 66 hospitalizations were lowest daily number since May.
But wait! There's more!!!

56 hospitalizations yesterday.

Keegan99
AG
I wonder if staff at the TMC hospitals look at their own data and their emptying COVID wards, then look at the "gauges" still showing red, and laugh.

(The "gauges" were a relatively recent addition, added after the peak. A tinfoil hat type might think they were political and designed to "balance" the undeniable positive trends.)
Post removed:
by user
Sazerac
AG
I posit that it will be over a year before we meet the <200 daily new cases.
unless we just stop testing.

and that is completely on purpose

can't decide if I should use the angry face or laugh/cry face...
BohunkAg
AG
Sazerac said:

I posit that it will be over a year before we meet the <200 daily new cases.
unless we just stop testing.

and that is completely on purpose

can't decide if I should use the angry face or laugh/cry face...
November 4
XpressAg09
AG
Keegan99 said:

I wonder if staff at the TMC hospitals look at their own data and their emptying COVID wards, then look at the "gauges" still showing red, and laugh.
Hospitals are TEETERING! 93% of beds occupied! Pay no attention tot he Phase 2 and 3 availability.

Also worth noting...only 285 IC beds in Houston are being used for COVID. So, what? Only 285 real active cases to be concerned about?
SweaterVest
AG
Our declining hospital admissions will be replaced by the influx of people from LA after the storm. I'm glad we're in good shape and have the capacity to help them but the politicians will surely use these people to their own advantage.
gougler08
AG
It's such a farce that we are threat level red with these metrics
Diggity
AG
yep, 200 cases for a county of 5 million is absurd. Might as well make it 0.
Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
Texas data in particular has turned completely awful. Hospitalizations and deaths by date are about the only useful metrics left. Testing, % positive, active cases, etc. are all complete garbage.

Twitter in general is awful, but there are a few folks out there doing good analysis. Check out @therealarod1984, @JoWo2020, and @AskeladdenTX for Texas centric data analysis. They've made a good sport of predicting what the DSHS data will be a day ahead of what they release because they've dialed in on the banked positive tests that are trickling out as they can classify them.

Texas, Arizona, California, and Florida all peaked at ~ the same time and all fell at ~ the same time with ~ the same magnitude of impact. The lockdowns, mandates, closures etc. were all over the calendar and different in scope and scale, but they made no difference.

The super low numbers released over the past two days makes me think that its even more likely that the TMC numbers are as high as they are only because of people coming in with other conditions testing positive. I'm sure quite a lot of elective stuff was postponed in the run up to Laura.

jetch17
AG
why is the black arrow for Test Positivity rate at 6.0% shown HIGHER if last weeks grey arrow was 6.6%

AgCPA95
AG
T Durden
AG
You just don't understand science dude.
Sazerac
AG
they didnt align the black arrow correctly for the second or third image
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
The tri-gauge of death date is the 27th. The mono-gauge of death date is the 26th.
chimpanzee
jetch17 said:

why is the black arrow for Test Positivity rate at 6.0% shown HIGHER if last weeks grey arrow was 6.6%

Things can't get better!!!
chjoak
AG
CA Gov set a new "threat level" that is even more unobtainable than Dora. The major difference... he actually has the authority to enforce it.

Most of SoCal is currently purple. LA Co would have to more than half their current new daily case rate to get red. No in person school until red for atleast 2 weeks.
59 South
AG
Wow that is the definition of insanity
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Keegan99
AG

This is insane.
Keegan99
AG
And let's look at what the CDC did for H1N1.

Once it became widespread? Hospitalizations and deaths! Cases are meaningless!

59 South
AG
At some point people are gonna say enough is enough. This is crazy pills stuff. I still have faith in humans. Kinda sorta. I mean we have to fight against this non sense don't we?
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Jet Black
59 South said:

At some point people are gonna say enough is enough. This is crazy pills stuff. I still have faith in humans. Kinda sorta. I mean we have to fight against this non sense don't we?

Somewhat surprised it hasn't happened already.
htxag09
AG
59 South said:

Signature checked out
jetch17
AG
F all that S
gougler08
AG
LA County would have to go <40 cases a day just to get to yellow status
59 South
chimpanzee
gougler08 said:

LA County would have to go <40 cases a day just to get to yellow status
Total scam. If one case pops in one of their smaller counties, they're back to shutdown.

The 1918 Flu is still here, people test positive for it all the time. This will be the same. I can't believe how many people are falling for this ish.

Hidalgo is getting the same marching orders that Newsom actually has the legal authority to enforce.
Jock 07
AG
chjoak said:

CA Gov set a new "threat level" that is even more unobtainable than Dora. The major difference... he actually has the authority to enforce it.

Most of SoCal is currently purple. LA Co would have to more than half their current new daily case rate to get red. No in person school until red for atleast 2 weeks.

**** me this is the **** I have to deal with. Can't get out of this **** hole fast enough. Worst part of it is all the lemmings out here will just fall right in line.
Jock 07
AG
59 South said:

Not with the dumb ****s out here
First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.