Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,506 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every brewery in Tine usually has or can scramble a food truck on any given day ... those along with bars could have done that everyday during this if they're gonna pull that sh*t

Just crazy for bars to be the scape in all this when you can saddle up to any bar in a restraunt this whole time
Ronnie
AG
8th wonder may be able to open finally
jetch17
AG
They can just run the Eatsie truck full time
LostInLA07
AG
Food kills covid. Y'all need to catch up.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
The argument I'm guessing they're using is that food helps to keep you from getting too lenient with social distancing, etc.

I would argue, what difference does it make? Doesn't serving food provide more contact points between your staff and customers? Aren't people still just drinking at restaurant bars and not being forced to order food? What's keeping them from getting too lax with distance?

What's next, MADD is gonna lobby that food is a requirement to be served alcohol everywhere?
HouAggie2007
I makes no sense in any way. If anything they should have let all these places open but close down at 10 or something like that
BowSowy
AG
Or they're just throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Or they're just throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks
Yea, this too.
Nitro Power
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

So food and protests kill the Rona along with sweaty bandannas. What else?

I would say hurricanes but CV has now killed two Texas hurricanes in the last week.
CW Griswold
So mask order expires today right?
-
rhoswen
AG
By golly, you're right
gougler08
AG
CW Griswold said:

So mask order expires today right?
The state wide one?
David_Puddy
AG
Nitro Power said:

David_Puddy said:

Looks like TABC passed a law saying bars can reopen if they have a food truck or vendor that can sell to patrons.

If true, even more rules that make no sense

https://austin.eater.com/2020/8/25/21401398/texas-bars-reopen-serving-rule-food-trucks
ChemAg15
AG
Where are yall seeing the mask order expires today?
David_Puddy
AG
I think based on the original one. Haven't seen any updates from that, but I'm guessing it will get extended today
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
People are ready to unmask already

jetch17
AG
I saw Tarrant co extended their mask order until NOVEMBER 30

you know Lina will try to pull that sh*t too
ptothemo
AG
The most recent Harris County order is scheduled to expire today, but that order has been superseded by the state order. I just went back to double check the state order, and there is no explicit end date. It's just changed or ended when Abbott decides to.
rhoswen
AG
They're not gonna let it expire any time soon.

They were only allowing ~15 people on buses evacuating Beaumont because of "social distancing requirements."
Daddy-O5
AG
rhoswen said:

They were only allowing ~15 people on buses evacuating Beaumont because of "social distancing requirements."
Hey let's slow down the evacuation from a hurricane with a 100% "you're screwed rate" for a disease that you probably won't get, and if you do you'll probably be fine.
Nitro Power
AG
Good thing there is not a higher probability of drowning in a hurricane than dying of Covid. /sarcasm
BohunkAg
AG
rhoswen said:

That's some high level dumbassery right there.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Pretty sure the state's mask mandate is indefinite.
Keegan99
AG

Gotta keep us at red, of course.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Sazerac said:

That having a food truck make any difference in transmission
You gotta understand. Like people have mentioned before, the rona is smart. Smart like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park. It knows when you sit down at the bar with a beer whether you ordered a burger too. The same way it knows whether you're at church or a BLM riot. You'd better be careful.
LostInLA07
AG
Someone with direct info from high level TABC told me earlier today that this is essentially a soft opening of bars to evaluate impact and compliance. They don't want packed nightclubs re-opening but do want to get bars that are no different from the bar sections of restaurants re-opened. They also want to avoid the mass rush of people to bars if they all re-open at the same time with state wide news reporting all bars have reopened.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Someone with direct info from high level TABC told me earlier today that this is essentially a soft opening of bars to evaluate impact and compliance. They don't want packed nightclubs re-opening but do want to get bars that are no different from the bar sections of restaurants re-opened. They also want to avoid the mass rush of people to bars if they all re-open at the same time with state wide news reporting all bars have reopened.
But all they gotta do is park a food truck out front. Won't all the big bars/night clubs/strip joints just do that?
LostInLA07
AG
They still have to follow restaurant operating guidelines, thus the focus on compliance by bars that re-open (and not having every bar open at the same time so TABC and local officials can drop in on as many as possible to check).

I'm sure you'll hear stories of some bars being forced to close again for not following the restaurant guidelines.
XpressAg09
AG
Test Down, Positivity Up.

Gauges still looking good

We're trending below 100 hospitalizations per day now.
LostInLA07
AG
How do they calc R(t)?
Bondag
AG

Only metric I care about.
XpressAg09
AG
LostInLA07 said:

How do they calc R(t)?
CowtownAg06
AG
The 66 hospitalizations were lowest daily number since May.
First Page Last Page
Page 252 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.