Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,516 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guidance is all over the place. Now we should only test symptomatic people. A couple months ago (not surprisingly, when Congress was looking to provide funding for COVID testing), we needed to have the capacity to test some %age of the population daily/weekly regardless of symptoms.
Mikeyshooter
AG
TarponChaser said:

It's hard for me to read the fine print but it looks like the rate of hospitalizations continues to trend downward and the positivity rate is under 7%, right?

Open.It.Up.

Yes, under 100 new COVID hospitalizations for the first time since mid-June.

Also, ICU patients are only 25% COVID patients. Peak was up over 50% in mid-July.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
lunchbox
Latest update...9.2% is lower than it was back in May...

Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Obvious threat level red. Must shut schools down, increase social distancing to 1 family member per room, and implement double mask wearing under threat of cleaning up after Sly and his boy toy. [/Dora]
AeroAg1
AG
third coast.. said:

Lol Gain SOME control. Give me a mother ****ing break. I hope every single politician and political appointee is ousted.
You don't understand. We are code RED!
AgLiving06
lunchbox said:

9.2% is the Houston wide number and hugely susceptible to manipulation.

TMC is at 6.7% and going to be far more realistic.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
AgLiving06 said:

lunchbox said:

I thought it was because TMC is using a 7-day average where our fearless leaders are using a 14-day average to make the peak last longer
chimpanzee
Anything with testing, especially % positive, is easily manipulated and subject to other factors other than the actual severity of the outbreak.

AgLiving06
gougler08 said:

AgLiving06 said:

lunchbox said:

I thought it was because TMC is using a 7-day average where our fearless leaders are using a 14-day average to make the peak last longer

Any things possible when it come to that group.

But since most places aren't turning around tests quickly if at all, I don't trust any of that.
XpressAg09
AG
We may hit Yellow/Green across the board by the time schools (in the suburbs) open up. Time to uproot some goal posts.

aTm2004
AG
Poor fooking Dora.
LostInLA07
AG
Yes then we'll need to start worrying about / projecting flu impact. So RED ALERT!
CW Griswold
Where can I get a mask that holds up to hurricane force winds?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fort Bend County Jusge requires 3 weeks of declining metrics to reduce threat level. Well, we're there.

However, the County Judge is now complaining not enough people are getting tested. The county doesn't use private labs in their testing numbers and those labs have been testing 2-3 times more people than the government testing sites throughout the county.

AND the CDC is not recommending testing if asymptomatic.
Nitro Power
AG
Gotta hand it to her. She is creative in her fear mongering and goal post moving.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Nitro Power said:

Gotta hand it to her. She is creative in her fear mongering and goal post moving.

He. KP George. Fort Bend County.

But your point remains the same.
XpressAg09
AG
CW Griswold said:

Where can I get a mask that holds up to hurricane force winds?

Well a regular mask can't stop a sneeze, so good luck.
rhoswen
AG
Has anyone seen any data pertaining specifically to children?
XpressAg09
AG
They are hardly affected by this. 0-9 years and 10-19 years from Harris Website. Keeping in mind "death with Covid" counts as a Covid death, I'd be skeptical of the 3 10-19 deaths.

By comparison, 70-79 age group has 2,564 cases (close to 0-9 age group) and has 317 deaths. Also, 60-69 age group has 5,961 cases (almost exactly the same as 10-19 age group) and has 282 deaths. Harris County site has 1,210 deaths total, of which >60 years is 77% of deaths, all >50 years old is 91% of deaths, all >40 years old is 96% of deaths.

Of that, >60 years old has a 6% mortality rate, all >50 years old has 3.7% mortality rate, and all >40 years old has 2.5% mortality rate.

This virus almost only kills old folks, but definitely not close to all old folks.
rhoswen
AG
Nm, found it
aggietony2010
AG
Don't forget. Dora's full green list includes a vaccine/therapeutic widely available.
LostInLA07
AG
Can't wait until we're tracking the number of vaccines administered to determine how "widely available" vaccinations are before downgrading from RED ALERT. Of course we'll need to wait 2 weeks from achieving the made up target vaccination count to make sure they are effective and such.
David_Puddy
AG
Looks like TABC passed a law saying bars can reopen if they have a food truck or vendor that can sell to patrons.
Sazerac
AG
Sofa king stoopid
rosco511
AG
The mental gymnastics that occurs with respect to these restrictions on bars is just mind blowing. How does a bar having a food truck alleviate the COVID risk versus one without a food truck? All should just be able to open with the same capacity restrictions and guidelines to keep appropriate social distancing while ordering.
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
AG
Sazerac said:

Sofa king stoopid

Them reopening bars or the new stipulation?
David_Puddy
AG
rosco511 said:

The mental gymnastics that occurs with respect to these restrictions on bars is just mind blowing. How does a bar having a food truck alleviate the COVID risk versus one without a food truck? All should just be able to open with the same capacity restrictions and guidelines to keep appropriate social distancing while ordering.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's funny, I was at Woodrow's Shepard watching the Astros not too long ago an nobody would call that a food joint by any stretch of the imagination. Basically punishing those places that don't have a kitchen........until now I guess. It's all political nonsense
Sazerac
AG
That having a food truck make any difference in transmission
Nitro Power
AG
David_Puddy said:

Looks like TABC passed a law saying bars can reopen if they have a food truck or vendor that can sell to patrons.

If true, even more rules that make no sense
First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.