Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,885 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the flu was this closely scrutinized (Tests), how many people would they show as catching the flu each year?
b0ridi
Bondag said:

cone said:

Quote:

a bilateral respect between the public and public leaders, which today is broken.
you can't go to a funeral

but protests are nbd

i wonder how it got broken
If you graduated from High School this year you celebrated 13 years of hard work with a zoom call or a pre-recorder video.

Meanwhile...

Will all pictured be put on Sylvester's Wall of Shame?
AgLiving06
Believe they assume 20-40 million per year get the flu.
aTm2004
AG
Premium said:

If the flu was this closely scrutinized (Tests), how many people would they show as catching the flu each year?
I asked this a hundred or so pages ago. We do not track anything like we are doing now, and if we did, many of the coronabros who scurry away when someone comes within 10 feet of them wearing only a mask, face shield, and goggles, would be crying like a beetch in bed.
XpressAg09
AG

LostInLA07
AG
We are at RED ALERT!
Keegan99
AG
Just to put that testing trends graph in perspective since it can be tricky to visualize the combination of percent positives with testing volume...

At peak they were detecting ~750 infections per day.

Now they are detecting about ~270 infections per day.
chimpanzee
aTm2004 said:

Premium said:

I asked this a hundred or so pages ago. We do not track anything like we are doing now, and if we did, many of the coronabros who scurry away when someone comes within 10 feet of them wearing only a mask, face shield, and goggles, would be crying like a beetch in bed.
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

There have been fewer C19 deaths than non-C19 Flu + Pneumonia deaths between Feb 1 and now for all age brackets (kids are 5x-10x more at risk from the usual pathogens). Divided by sex, men are slightly worse in some, but women offset. We don't cower in fear of the flu or bronchitis.

People can not process risks and can be scared into compliance with anything.
aTm2004
AG
chimpanzee said:

aTm2004 said:

Premium said:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

There have been fewer C19 deaths than non-C19 Flu + Pneumonia deaths between Feb 1 and now for all age brackets (kids are 5x-10x more at risk from the usual pathogens). Divided by sex, men are slightly worse in some, but women offset. We don't cower in fear of the flu or bronchitis.

People can not process risks and can be scared into compliance with anything.
The bolded is so true and so infuriating.
terradactylexpress
Misread your point
aTm2004
AG
Keegan99 said:

Just to put that testing trends graph in perspective since it can be tricky to visualize the combination of percent positives with testing volume...

Which is why Sly and "My eyes are up here" are begging people to get tested.
Ciboag96
aTm2004 said:

Keegan99 said:

Even if the virus goes to ZERO cases we are looking at two more months + of "we need to keep it at bay".
JYDog90
AG
How long til Abbott or the State Health Dept guy (Hellerstedt) call bs on all this stuff and set up interviews with the 3 major Houston tv stations?
Bondag
AG
aTm2004 said:

Keegan99 said:

I think we may need a thread dedicated to nicknames for Dora
Stat Monitor Repairman
If we've learned anything from this, its that all politicians will fold like a wal-mart lawn chair when faced with any kind of crisis.

There is no independent thought or leadership at any level.

All this talk about Texas being a rugged individualist state is a load of ****.

A lot of big talk and flag waving come election time, but its all hot air.

Everyone from the city council members to the governor will fall in line with their federal daddy and look to the closest big city for guidance on what to do.

From what I have seen, only Florida and Georgia tried to curltail the madness. Everybody else lapped that **** up like dairy queen gravy.
BohunkAg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

If we've learned anything from this, its that all politicians will fold like a wal-mart lawn chair when faced with any kind of crisis.

Everyone from the city council members to the governor will fall in line with their federal daddy and look to the closest big city for guidance on what to do.

From what I have seen, only Florida and Georgia tried to curltail the madness. Everybody else lapped that **** up like dairy queen gravy.
That's because many politicians, especially at the local level, are empty suits who are only in it for the clout and recognition. When sh-t gets real, they have no idea what to do.
ChemAg15
AG
If we don't cower in fear what chance does Joe Biden have? We need to be in code double red
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Even if the virus goes to ZERO cases we are looking at two more months + of "we need to keep it at bay".

Just wait...Soon it'll be 'But now it's flu season and flu hospitalizations along with COVID hospitalizations will strain the system'

Abbott already laid the groundwork for this BS earlier this week.
Big Cat `93
AG

All of this. If I could frame a post, it would be this one.
Al Bula
AG

98Ag99Grad
AG
BohunkAg said:

That's because many politicians, especially at the local level, are empty suits who are only in it for the clout and recognition. When sh-t gets real, they have no idea what to do.
Can not blue star this part enough.
gougler08
AG
Keegan99 said:

Fort Bend doing laundry.

But they're at least being somewhat up front about it.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fort-bend-county-will-report-higher-covid-19-numbers-in-upcoming-weeks-due-to-backlog/285-940e4d3a-9adc-4d3b-b3e3-7c81efb14931

So wait fort bend is doing this every day now? What the hell is this Texas Trace backlog and how many other counties are doing this and not saying anything. Fort Bends numbers are more than half each day from this tracing backlog...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I think you know the answer to this and why the data is communicated the way it is elsewhere.
gougler08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I think you know the answer to this and why the data is communicated the way it is elsewhere.

Oh no doubt, it's just a shell game at this point

Found a chron article that says Harris county is not using this system, so we will magically see then start to once we get to low, probably by the end of Aug
Stat Monitor Repairman
jetch17
AG
DONT GUESS EVERYONE!

https://instagr.am/p/CDrAESFJcVW
aTm2004
AG
They really do want the numbers to go up, don't they? It's getting harder and harder to justify keeping everything closed up when the numbers are falling faster than a boner seeing the Congress WOMAAAN!
Keegan99
AG

From Texas 2036. This is is near real-time surveillance data, so what you see for yesterday is what happened yesterday.
Post removed:
by user
XpressAg09
AG
Ladies and gentlemen,

I give you Single Digit Positivity.
Stat Monitor Repairman
third coast.. said:

I actually have to get tested to go back to work but I'm worried about getting a false positive if i do this free CoH test.
I got no confidence in the accuracy of these tests when my ability of work is on the line.

Best think that could happen is for people to reject this 'test errebody' bs they are peddling and get back to work.

Another issue: Are we gonna start requiring tests for **** in order to have the privilege of working? Why do we think this is gonna stop at Covid? 'Sorry we need you to have these tests ... its for our insurance ..'
TXTransplant
This has been a concern of mine for the past few months. Seems like HIPAA has been thrown out the window with this.
Bondag
AG
Take my temp 10 times a day. Taking a test that only give you your status at that moment is senseless.
htxag09
AG
There's definitely a line. But saying everyone needs to be tested to come on a ship where you'll be confined with x number of people for months is a little different then you need a test to be in the office.
BMX Bandit
TXTransplant said:

This has been a concern of mine for the past few months. Seems like HIPAA has been thrown out the window with this.
What part of HIPAA do you think says your employer can't take a covid test to return to work?
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.