Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,679 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cone said:

Quote:

a bilateral respect between the public and public leaders, which today is broken.
you can't go to a funeral

but protests are nbd

i wonder how it got broken

Worse than that...you can go to a funeral (for someone you've never met) if you are a celebrity and/or wealthy and the funeral is for someone famous (or infamous).

It's not just the schools - all the decisions being made right now are class warfare.
TXTransplant
swimmerbabe11 said:

When's the last time Abbott has done a presser with any updates on anything? Politically, I feel like we are at a standstill. No news or timelines or anything. Silence.

Could he please come out and tell us that Wineries and Tasting rooms will be open starting immediately so I can more easily get drunk in Fredericksburg this weekend?

Most of them are open, you just have to buy a whole bottle because they aren't doing tastings. Easier to get drunk that way!

We went to Augusta Vin a couple of weeks ago, and it was enjoyable.
Bondag
AG
third coast.. said:

Why are her face diapers always so egregiously massive. She looks as idiotic as she sounds
because she is repurposing old bras?
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
cone said:

Quote:

a bilateral respect between the public and public leaders, which today is broken.
you can't go to a funeral

but protests are nbd

i wonder how it got broken
Don't disagree with the sentiment / hypocrisy of gov't leaders joining in, but there were zero chance public policy saying "don't go protest" would have kept people indoors. Scylla and Charybdis for city halls nationwide.

It got broken when news channels started picking sides...err...more broken.
cone
AG
weird

since they're elected to be leaders
aTm2004
AG
third coast.. said:

Why are her face diapers always so egregiously massive. She looks as idiotic as she sounds
The area around her mouth is probably irritated from her lunch munch.
htxag09
AG
The testing centers we have up and running have no wait and our mayor is pleading with people to go get tested. Next logical step, open up another one!

gougler08
AG
htxag09 said:

The testing centers we have up and running have no wait and our mayor is pleading with people to go get tested. Next logical step, open up another one!

Let's build another tent hospital while we're at it!
Ezra Brooks
AG
htxag09 said:

I didn't see this one last night, but the news that I was watching (ch. 11) had a story about low testing #'s and ended the story/began the next one about opening "surge testing sites"....
E
AG
They opened free drive through testing by my house at Sinclair Elementary in Timbergrove. It was supposed to be open for a week but they cut it short due to the lack of people getting tested. There was never a line to get tested and residents were freaking out beforehand thinking there was gonna be a long line and constant traffic....
tylercsbn9
AG
They so desperately want those #s to go up. Next month they'll probably come to your house and provide a free test.
n_touch
htxag09 said:

Do you get to stay and watch the game?
terradactylexpress
Bondag said:

If you graduated from High School this year you celebrated 13 years of hard work with a zoom call or a pre-recorder video.

That's the appropriate amount of celebration for the bare minimum that is expected of society
terradactylexpress
Also only 300 and change cases today
XpressAg09
AG
htxag09 said:

Don't you understand? They'll use the taxes gathered from economic participation of the city's inhabitants to pay for...oh wait.
LB12Diamond
AG
It's starting to appear this thing has turned the corner and going to be hard to even fake the numbers much longer on positive tests. I'm glad we opened up and had the protests in early summer now bc it helped us get over the hump faster.
Keegan99
AG

Statewide fatality totals seem to be stable up through July 10th.

Peak remains July 14th.

The worst is in our rearview mirror.

Also keep this in mind when the press breathlessly reports "300+ deaths announced today!"

The actual peak was ~3 weeks ago and will likely end up being ~220.
Premium
AG
Keegan99 said:

Statewide fatality totals seem to be stable up through July 10th.

Peak remains July 14th.

The worst is in our rearview mirror.
I'm on the open everything up train, but doesn't this graph line up with them mandating masks and shutting everything back down again?
lb sand
AG
I like that graph.
Keegan99
AG
The timeline is too tight for masks. The mask order was July 2nd. For that to make a difference the fatality peak would need to be around July 23rd. Infections were likely already declining by the time the mask order went into effect.

Bars were June 26th, so that's a bit iffier. On that one, the timing is at least close enough to say "could be".
LB12Diamond
AG
Besides bars, what did they shut down again?

People are out and about restaurants are open.
Several reports about how many in the population are immune from the start. People are getting correct treatment from the start to not let it advance to the bad stages.

This thing is turning just like in other areas of the world. Just like other diseases turn the corner eventually.
AgCPA95
AG
Jebber said:

Besides bars, what did they shut down again?

People are out and about restaurants are open.
Several reports about how many in the population are immune from the start. People are getting correct treatment from the start to not let it advance to the bad stages.

This thing is turning just like in other areas of the world. Just like other diseases turn the corner eventually.

It was closing bars, scaling restaurants back to 50% from 75% and banning outdoor gatherings larger than 100 people.
Jett01
AG
I'll wear a stupid mask, just open stuff up. If you don't like it, stay home.
Keegan99
AG

More laundering of positive test results.

Only about 300 of today's "new cases" were from tests administered in August.

Stat Monitor Repairman
So they banked a bunch of test results and add them to the mix as necessary to get the numbers they want?

So Covid is operating on a mark to market system?

Where have we seen this before. Lol.
Keegan99
AG
Probably more along the lines of Hanlon's Razor.

Though at this point it's becoming increasingly difficult to not believe there is deliberate deception when officials fail to provide any date-of-test context to the "new cases!" releases.
TXTransplant
This is Austin, not Houston, but I can totally see the Houston area YMCAs being "inspired" by this. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

It's not safe for kids to go to school, but it's safe for kids to go to YMCA-supervised day care (from 715 am to 630 pm) at schools that the Y leases from the ISD. As long as you pay the Y $195 a week, of course.

Not only is this comically ridiculous from a logic standpoint, but there is no way a YMCA staff member is getting paid as much as a teacher. So, once again, the risk and responsibility of dealing with this virus is being passed down to low-paid, minimum-wage workers.

https://thetexan.news/after-austin-isd-delays-in-person-classes-ymca-to-provide-virtual-learning-support-at-aisd-campuses/
aTm2004
AG
Can't go to school, but for $195/WK, you can send them to...school?

htxag09
AG
Take a minute to think and it's not hard to realize the whole thing is ass backwards and idiotic.

Put aside any discussion on the safety of going back to school. Let's just look at what will happen if school is virtual:

I'd wager 70+% of families that can afford it will be sending their kids to some kind of pod, having someone come to their home to monitor their kids while virtual education is occurring, or they'll be sent on a larger program like above. So you really aren't limiting any interaction and potential spread here. It's still occurring. But you're making people pay (twice) for it. I honestly don't know of a single parent with school aged kids (not including older hs, as they don't need the supervision) that isn't planning on doing one of these options.

Then you have families that can't afford to do these things. What happens to them? Nobody has addressed it so it appears nobody cares. Sure, you can waste a **** ton of money to offer them free computers and free WiFi hot spots. What about the supervision? These kids will be falling further and further behind every single day.
TXTransplant
aTm2004 said:

Can't go to school, but for $195/WK, you can send them to...school?

Yep. But you aren't risking teachers lives.

Just the lives of minimum-wage YMCA staff (who probably don't receive benefits or have a retirement/pension, either).

And, the ISD and the YMCA both get to make extra $ from it. You know, to make up for lost revenue due to the shutdown.
Post removed:
by user
AgLiving06
I posted this on the politic's board, but it's pretty clear democrats want to destroy private and homeschool options.

The goal is to make public the only option and at that point indoctrination occurs.
Keegan99
AG
Fort Bend doing laundry.

But they're at least being somewhat up front about it.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fort-bend-county-will-report-higher-covid-19-numbers-in-upcoming-weeks-due-to-backlog/285-940e4d3a-9adc-4d3b-b3e3-7c81efb14931
First Page Last Page
Page 235 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.