Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,610 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Agasaurus Tex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wish I could give this 1000 blue stars. If you don't want everything shut down again wear a ****ing mask. Restaurants post signs saying No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service. You will be ticketed if driving without a seat belt. Quit being a **** and wear a mask in public.
AggieArcher17
AG
My fiance had her bachelorette party last weekend. Drinks were drank, shots were shot, social distance was loosely(see not at all) enforced. Upon arriving home one of the girls teated positive for covid, which led to all 13 girls and their boyfriends being stuck at home for 2 weeks. Some were able to work from home, others got essentially laid off for 2 weeks but at the end of the day ZERO positive tests from a group of girls that played by no rules all weekend.

Call me skeptical. And this is gonna cause our wedding to get postponed a 2nd time. Such Bull*****
txags92
AG
AggieArcher17 said:

My fiance had her bachelorette party last weekend. Drinks were drank, shots were shot, social distance was loosely(see not at all) enforced. Upon arriving home one of the girls teated positive for covid, which led to all 13 girls and their boyfriends being stuck at home for 2 weeks. Some were able to work from home, others got essentially laid off for 2 weeks but at the end of the day ZERO positive tests from a group of girls that played by no rules all weekend.

Call me skeptical. And this is gonna cause our wedding to get postponed a 2nd time. Such Bull*****
Sounds like one didn't play by the rules if she tested positive and all her friends didn't... not sayin...just sayin.
Macpappy99
AG
Accrding to the morning news, the CEOs in the medical center to give a press conference at 10 am today.
Cromagnum
AG
TXTransplant said:

AgsMyDude said:

TXTransplant said:

AgsMyDude said:

Not to mention some HCWs will contract it and have to stay home for 2 weeks.

If there is enough PPE and hospital staff are using it correctly, then an increase in hospitalizations does not mean more health care workers will get sick.

More frequent encounters (particularly if the hospital is completely full) = more risk, no?

In theory, yes, but that's the purpose of PPE (assuming it's used correctly) - to eliminate the risk that comes with increased exposure.

PPE doesn't lose its effectiveness just because there are more patients.

You cant make already bad PPE better by forcing more people to use it.
TXTransplant
I don't understand your point.

Hospital grade PPE isn't "bad". It's effective in preventing transmission of all sorts of diseases.

N95 masks are 95%+ effective in keeping out very small particles (0.3 microns in size). No PPE is going to be 100% effective - that's why you combine different types - masks with gloves with hand sanitizer, etc.

I suppose hospitals are requiring more staff to upgrade the PPE they wear on a daily basis, since they don't always know who is infected, but it's a hospital. Wearing PPE is a reasonable expectation of the job, pandemic or no pandemic.
cone
AG

HtownAg92
AG
BohunkAg said:

I don't know what it's like but it seems like the ICUs were at 70% capacity anyway, which is concerning. And this drive it up near 100. And we have a plan to help mitigate it. Which we should. What do you want?
For it to be taken a little more seriously. Call me crazy, but I don't think that reaching our "oh s&&&" contingency is no big deal, especially since trends are showing that even that may not last. Usually the "worst case scenario" is a passing thought with no real expectation that it will be reached, but we are there.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

I don't know what it's like but it seems like the ICUs were at 70% capacity anyway, which is concerning. And this drive it up near 100. And we have a plan to help mitigate it. Which we should. What do you want?
For it to be taken a little more seriously. Call me crazy, but I don't think that reaching our "oh s&&&" contingency is no big deal, especially since trends are showing that even that may not last. Usually the "worst case scenario" is a passing thought with no real expectation that it will be reached, but we are there.
perhaps political leaders could have been preaching that message 2 weeks ago when .... something .... what was it .... 60,000+ people in mass .... what was that ..... but leaders encouraged it .... can anyone recall???
BohunkAg
AG
HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Pray tell, what were the trends showing in April?
Bondag
AG
blindey said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

perhaps political leaders could have been preaching that message 2 weeks ago when .... something .... what was it .... 60,000+ people in mass .... what was that ..... but leaders encouraged it .... can anyone recall???
HtownAg92
AG
blindey said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Totally agree. They helped create a massive s&&& sandwich that we all have to eat now. We can continue to point at the mistake and b$$$$ about it. But we also must deal with it.
HtownAg92
AG
BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Not this.
Mookie
AG
AggieArcher17 said:

Upon arriving home one of the girls teated positive for covid!

I don't think it is transmitted that way.
cajunaggie08
AG
blindey said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

They were just showing us what it would be like to open Kyle Field at 50% capacity for the fall
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
AggieArcher17 said:

too young.

Use this as an excuse to walk away. Bump this thread in 2 years and thank me.
BohunkAg
AG
HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Not this.
That's not my point of course. Any "trending" done on this is unreliable, as we all saw back in April, when "leading data experts" said the whole country was going to be overrun in a month. When that didn't happen we pivoted to something else.

That being said, I and my family am and have been taking precautions for three months now, including wearing masks. Just don't sit here and preach to the choir that it's somehow our faults this is happening now or we need to do something different.
TroyMc
There is bad trending like the early trending which took a flat line and went vertical (hockey stick) that was obviously flawed. The medical center bed trending isn't doing much more than drawing a straight line to continue what they've seen the last two weeks. I would place much more credibility in their bed projections now than the earlier projections.
sts7049
AG
blindey said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

next time you want to protest a social issue we'll check and see first if it's convenient or not
Texan_Aggie
AG
HtownAg92 said:

blindey said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Totally agree. They helped create a massive s&&& sandwich that we all have to eat now. We can continue to point at the mistake and b$$$$ about it. But we also must deal with it.
Political leaders like Abbott/DJT/Pence could have also been strongly encouraging wearing masks and leading by example.

There are no real "political leaders" anymore. Just actors performing a script to appease one side of the aisle or the other in an effort to pad their bank account.
BohunkAg
AG
TroyMc said:

There is bad trending like the early trending which took a flat line and went vertical (hockey stick) that was obviously flawed. The medical center bed trending isn't doing much more than drawing a straight line to continue what they've seen the last two weeks. I would place much more credibility in their bed projections now than the earlier projections.
That's what the earlier trending was doing.to some degree.....I honestly don't think we will see the same trend going forward since many people have reverted to their pre-protest activities and there haven't been any mass gatherings like that in the last couple weeks. You get than many people in one place and yes, you will have an uptick.
jetch17
AG
But...but...it was all Memorial Day!

The fallout from the 4th will be a sh*tshow
jetch17
AG
Watching ch.13 last night they had commandante Lina on saying she's going to meet with wheels to ask to allow her to enforce new restrictions

This is fixing to get infuriating again (well, continue to be)
David_Puddy
AG
jetch17 said:

Watching ch.13 last night they had commandante Lina on saying she's going to meet with wheels to ask to allow her to enforce new restrictions

This is fixing to get infuriating again (well, continue to be)

Yup
HtownAg92
AG
BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Not this.
That's not my point of course. Any "trending" done on this is unreliable, as we all saw back in April, when "leading data experts" said the whole country was going to be overrun in a month. When that didn't happen we pivoted to something else.

That being said, I and my family am and have been taking precautions for three months now, including wearing masks. Just don't sit here and preach to the choir that it's somehow our faults this is happening now or we need to do something different.
Notwithstanding the fact that unreliable trending in April has nothing to do with what is happening right now, I'm not preaching or placing blame. Never did. I'm saying that it needs to be taken more seriously now. That's it.
Cromagnum
AG
Try pointing out to some scared wuss how it was always about flattening the curve. We were successful in dragging this thing out for 3 months so that hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and they will only point out "well look how steep the curve is now, we have to flatten it again". I'll listen when you stop burning cities down and protesting every *******ed thing while telling others they can't leave their homes in the same breath.
BohunkAg
AG
Cromagnum said:

Try pointing out to some scared wuss how it was always about flattening the curve. We were successful in dragging this thing out for 3 months so that hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and they will only point out "well look how steep the curve is now, we have to flatten it again". I'll listen when you stop burning cities down and protesting every *******ed thing while telling others they can't leave their homes in the same breath.
I think that's what I'm the most annoyed with right now. I don't know if I'm annoyed or just tired of it. I know I'm doing all I can. The same people who were telling me a couple a weeks ago I was the problem for one thing are now telling me I'm the problem for something else....when I don't really feel all that culpable in either.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Abbott just suspended elective surgeries.
cajunaggie08
AG
I'm a little surprised it didnt include surrounding metro counties for houston and dallas. I am not familiar with the capacity levels of fort bend and montgomery county hospitals
jetch17
AG
schmendeler
AG
Cromagnum said:

do you think that *****ing about protesters is going to change the reality of where we are now?

pretending that the current surge of hospitalizations is only a problem once protesters are called out is nonsensical.

you can be upset about the double standard, but that has no effect on the current reality.
BohunkAg
AG
schmendeler said:

Cromagnum said:

do you think that *****ing about protesters is going to change the reality of where we are now?

pretending that the current surge of hospitalizations is only a problem once protesters are called out is nonsensical.

you can be upset about the double standard, but that has no effect on the current reality.
I think pointing out that the anomaly of the protests is why we are seeing the surge is a valid data point, and that if we go back to being careful (like we were before), we should be able to flatten the thing again.
HtownAg92
AG
schmendeler said:

Cromagnum said:

Bingo. Just because someone else left the gate open doesn't mean you don't still have to round up the cows. Yes, the situation is infuriating because the authority that allowed it to happen may force you to take extra measures to reinforce your gate, ignoring who left it open. But that's where we are. If that is what it takes to keep the whole farm from shutting down, it has to be done.
Cromagnum
AG
schmendeler said:

Cromagnum said:

The current reality is that a large portion of the population DNGAF about the rest of us and are only intent on protesting and causing civil unrest. That undoes what everyone else is trying to do and I believe that putting that burden once again on business owners to close down to protect the masses is complete bull*****
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.