Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,799 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The only difference this makes, from what I can tell, is that it will keep certain county offices closed. However, you can bet your a** they will all still get paid. My local tax office still isn't open.

I got an email my license plate it there, but no way to get it.

Also waiting on IRS to acknowledge my tax return I sent in like day 1 of pandemic. They apparently have not even been in to office so I am sure I will get that by tax day next year. I am sure they still want my estimated quarterly taxes though.
Bregxit
AG
Bondag said:

CFTXAG10 said:

The only difference this makes, from what I can tell, is that it will keep certain county offices closed. However, you can bet your a** they will all still get paid. My local tax office still isn't open.

I got an email my license plate it there, but no way to get it.

Also waiting on IRS to acknowledge my tax return I sent in like day 1 of pandemic. They apparently have not even been in to office so I am sure I will get that by tax day next year. I am sure they still want my estimated quarterly taxes though.

IRS happily took my payment right on schedule on tax day.
Daytona22
AG
I have a license plate there too. They want me to mail in a cashiers check and then they will mail it to me apparently. Not sure if you've gotten that option as well.
htxag09
AG
jetch17 said:

Wheels could come out and say it, but folks arent going to comply again

now that all the riot/protest stuff is subsiding theyre shifted back to the "oh noez spikez" - i think its from people going to the beach! not the thousands of people walking ass to elbows and sweating spitting in each others faces!

The protests 100% made it worse. But if we're being honest, any spike is just as much being contributed to restaurants and bar's patios, where patrons are elbow to elbow. Not saying we should shut down because of it, just saying it's multiple reasons.
JYDog90
AG
Formerly Willy Wonka
aTm2004
AG
MAGA Protest
cone
AG
Quote:

The protests 100% made it worse.
the only thing the protests substantively did was change the permission structure among the law abiding

when public health experts gave the protesters a fair catch, their authority and advice with regard to stay at home was effectively ended
Ag_07
AG
I got a good laugh from the dude on the news last night who was arrested for blocking a freeway.

He was on the news complaining about there being no social distancing measures in the police van or the jail he was thrown in.

Dude was blocking a freeway and pole to hole with hundreds of people but is complaining about not being social distanced in the paddy wagon.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Tax day isn't until July. Uncle Sam thanks you for letting him take your money early
Diggity
AG
I put my tax payment for 2019 in airline stocks. less risk than a T-bill baby!
Bregxit
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Tax day isn't until July. Uncle Sam thanks you for letting him take your money early

Unfortunately I filed before the SHTF, set my payment date to 4/15 on my efile and could not change it once filed.
cajunaggie08
AG
TMC finally updated the data reflecting local testing amounts and rates so you can see if there is a correlation between positive case counts and the number of tests conducted.

CowtownAg06
AG
TMC's data has been great. I wonder why total tests have been falling? Lower demand?
Zemira
AG
I was in the hospital 3 days and never tested me. Thought they would have. Zero symptoms though.
aTm2004
AG
My uncle was found unconscious in his house (60 years old) by his step-son in February and has been in a hospital or extended care facility since (looks to have long-term issues from whatever it was) and has tested positive for COVID 3 different times since March. I wonder if each of his positive tests are counted individually, or if the additional tests are not reported? He has apparently been asymptomatic this whole time and was only tested when he was moved to the facility from the hospital.
bearkatag15
AG
Zemira said:

I was in the hospital 3 days and never tested me. Thought they would have. Zero symptoms though.
My wife works in a local ICU and they don't test all patients. Only ones that have symptoms.
cone
AG
my guess

tests take time and cost money

the concerned minority is willing to go get it, but we're getting past that group into DGAF territory

most people will just wait until they feel sick and that's not a guarantee of getting a test if they don't feel THAT sick

the key to driving sentinel testing volume is to force corps to get a proportion of their staff tested regularly as maintenance

they are opening our office back up to 50% next week but no mention of periodic testing, so clearly that's not part of the deal
jetch17
AG
Quote:

HARRIS COUNTY AND HOUSTON THREAT LEVELS | We're currently at Level 2.

Here is the explanation for the four-level system from ReadyHarris.org:

Level 1: Stay Home
Level one signifies a severe and uncontrolled level of COVID-19 in Harris County, meaning outbreaks are present and worsening and that testing and contact tracing capacity is strained or exceeded. At this level, residents take action to minimize contacts with others wherever possible and avoid leaving home except for the most essential needs like going to the grocery store for food and medicine.

Level 2: Minimize ALL Contacts (Current Level)
Level two signifies a significant and uncontrolled level of COVID-19 in Harris County, meaning that there is ongoing transmission of the virus and that testing and contact tracing capacity is likely sufficient to meet demand. At this level, residents should minimize contact with others, avoiding any medium or large gatherings and only visiting permissible businesses that follow public health guidance.

Level 3: Stay Vigilant
Level three signifies a moderate, but controlled level of COVID-19 in Harris County, meaning a demonstrated reduction in transmission and the local healthcare system is within capacity. Residents should remain vigilant, but resume contact with others and resume leaving home.

Level 4: Resume Normal Activity
Level four signifies a minimal and controlled level of COVID-19 in Harris County, meaning new chains of transmission are limited and quickly broken or a vaccine and/or treatment has been developed and widely deployed. At this level, residents may resume normal contact with others unless sick.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ready for Abbott to put out his own Threat Levels that supersede any local levels
Zemira
AG
sure im at level 2
spadilly
S

BohunkAg
AG
Insanity

J. Walter Weatherman
Turner already admitted they can't shut anything down again unless the state changes its stance. This is just Lina trying to hang on to her 15 minutes as long as possible. You can tell they are both itching to be able to blame Abbot for any increases though.
CFTXAG10
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Turner already admitted they can't shut anything down again unless the state changes its stance. This is just Lina trying to hang on to her 15 minutes as long as possible. You can tell they are both itching to be able to blame Abbot for any increases though.
Yepp. This is another reason we need shorter term limits and age restrictions.
aTm2004
AG
Harris County residents:
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Dora the Explorer can politely f*** right off. I'm not taking any orders from that moron, nor should anyone else.
BQ_90
AG
so is Harris County on double secret probation now
jenn96
AG

Yeah, my going to work is the problem.
tylercsbn9
AG
BohunkAg said:

Insanity

Yeah. No one will care after virtue signaling Democrats came out in droves the last two weeks. Eff off
Post removed:
by user
jamaggie06
AG
jayelbee said:

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are totally hard up to go back to ****ty commutes, dining in at Whataburger, and going to the mall just because someone at the county says they shouldn't.

Some of us actually enjoy living...
Post removed:
by user
Bondag
AG
jamaggie06 said:

jayelbee said:

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are totally hard up to go back to ****ty commutes, dining in at Whataburger, and going to the mall just because someone at the county says they shouldn't.

Some of us actually enjoy living...
Are you black and 50 pounds overweight? Of the 4 people I know that have shown any symptoms 100% were black and at least 50 - 100 pounds overweight.
Fitch
AG
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/hpd-reports-new-spike-in-covid-19-cases-among-officers/285-c90bf3e4-52a7-4181-ab2b-23288feffeca

Quote:

HPD reports new spike in COVID-19 cases among officers 9 days after George Floyd march in downtown

There have been more positive cases within the department in June than in the entire month of May.

I'm not even sure they can possibly tie those out this soon.
sts7049
AG
glad you solved the pandemic with a sample size of 4
First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.