Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,498 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ronnie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

cone said:

if the hospital capacity gets eclipsed, what then?
We all die.

BowSowy
AG
We knew cases were going to increase after things started to open up. Seems like some of y'all were just waiting to smash your panic button
98Ag99Grad
AG
you can only control your own actions. Wash your hands, keep your distance, and wear a mask if you feel the need. The economy needs to get going and people were going stir crazy at home.
BarryProfit
I'm not at all suggesting there should be another shut down and have no issue with people engaging life in how they best see fit. But hospitalization rate increasing especially in ICU is not encouraging. It's not an either or position, you can be concerned and not be a Karen.
cone
AG
it would be worthwhile to know the demographics of who's currently in the ICU to better understand ongoing risk
Scruffy
AG
cone said:

it would be worthwhile to know the demographics of who's currently in the ICU to better understand ongoing risk
I doubt they want to give that information...

I talked with a nurse who's been treating covid victims up here and she said of the several hundred they've had, all but 1 were black with diabetes. I didn't get their ages, but it sure as heck seems like it mainly hits those with underlying health issues.

If it came out that people without diabetes or certain other health risks didn't have a problem, the medical and governmental "experts" couldn't keep their jobs, much less this slow economic opening.
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

It's over.
wessimo
AG
Man, what a relief!

Pulmcrit_ag
Yeah, ICU is slammed with covid. My ICU's run full anyway and now we are at > 50% COVID at both of them. I am still for keeping things open because we can't shut down again but we as a society are going to have to ask hard questions about rationing of care.
BarryProfit
Pulmcrit_ag said:

Yeah, ICU is slammed with covid. My ICU's run full anyway and now we are at > 50% COVID at both of them. I am still for keeping things open because we can't shut down again but we as a society are going to have to ask hard questions about rationing of care.

My neighbor is an ICU doc and is saying similar things. No bueno.
aTm2004
AG
Wrong thread. WTF?
Bassmaster
AG
Someone I'm related to tested positive twice. He didn't believe the first one, so he did it again. His employer made him get tested because a coworker tested positive. He's 41 years old, borderline obese, and continuously battles a drug addiction. He never felt any different than normal. Yet he was one of the positive cases the media uses to scare people.
BarryProfit
How is reporting actual, positive cases of the virus "trying to scare" people?
aTm2004
AG
If the number of tests is also reported, it shouldn't scare people.
Bassmaster
AG
Because it is reported as a positive case as he was. But it is of no consequence. Yet people see it and freak out that "the highest amount of positive cases were reported today.". It happened on the previous page of this very thread. Positive cases are not relevant.
BarryProfit
aTm2004 said:

If the number of tests is also reported, it shouldn't scare people.

I agree which is why hospitalization and ICU numbers seem much more important.
BarryProfit
Bassmaster said:

Because it is reported as a positive case as he was. But it is of no consequence. Yet people see it and freak out that "the highest amount of positive cases were reported today.". It happened on the previous page of this very thread. Positive cases are not relevant.

Just b/c your buddy didn't get very sick doesn't make his case is "of no consequence" b/c the people he passed it on to could be ones that end up in the hospital. I'm surprised this needs to be explained to you.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
BarryProfit said:

Bassmaster said:

Just b/c your buddy didn't get very sick doesn't make his case is "of no consequence" b/c the people he passed it on to could be ones that end up in the hospital. I'm surprised this needs to be explained to you.
didn't the WHO just say that this doesn't happen? It was posted in this thread like 90 minutes ago or so.
Bassmaster
AG
2 more weeks!
cone
AG
and it would be important to know who is ending up in the ICU, locally
BarryProfit
Bassmaster said:

2 more weeks!
DVC2010
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

BarryProfit said:

Bassmaster said:

didn't the WHO just say that this doesn't happen? It was posted in this thread like 90 minutes ago or so.

wessimo
AG
Reversing the trend, only 163 cases for Monday.
cajunaggie08
AG
For some reason, mondays continuously have a drop in cases reported going back weeks now. Maybe everyday needs to be a monday
aTm2004
AG

But I wonder why that is. Average incubation is 5 days, so maybe nobody is doing anything Tuesday or Wednesday?
Fitch
AG
The data lag a day, so results collated and published Monday were transmitted Sunday. Not all labs or hospitals report everyday, and the Sunday/Monday timeframe tend to be low points every week.

The next count will be +332, fwiw.
jetch17
AG
Will there be another 'stay home' order? Harris Co. to put 'threat level system' in place as COVID-19 cases rise

NOPE.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, that **** isn't happening again. She can try it, but people aren't going to allow it. Well, her lemmings near downtown will, but that's about it.
Daddy-O5
AG
Can't see anyone complying with it at this point. A vocal minority may, but I don't see us going backwards at this point.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
aTm2004 said:

Yeah, that **** isn't happening again. She can try it, but people aren't going to allow it. Well, her lemmings near downtown will, but that's about it.

Does it matter? Abbott's orders supersede all local orders right?
aTm2004
AG
As far as I know. This could be nothing more than a "hey! remember me?" release since Turner has gotten a lot of the attention recently from the George Floyd thing.
jetch17
AG
Wheels could come out and say it, but folks arent going to comply again

now that all the riot/protest stuff is subsiding theyre shifted back to the "oh noez spikez" - i think its from people going to the beach! not the thousands of people walking ass to elbows and sweating spitting in each others faces!
CFTXAG10
AG
The only difference this makes, from what I can tell, is that it will keep certain county offices closed. However, you can bet your a** they will all still get paid. My local tax office still isn't open.
aTm2004
AG
Oh yeah, government employees will still be getting that stay at home check. Didn't Turner just come out saying there won't be any layoffs in the city and the budget is done? The only way that could happen would be planned massive tax increases.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think her play is to keep pushing all this, knowing it won't happen and bank on a bad rebound of the CoCo. Then she can point the blame finger on Gov Charles Xavier, Sly, and law enforcement for not going with her plan. She will run on the 'see, I told ya so' platform.
First Page Last Page
Page 143 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.