Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,797 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Why is Dora the Explorer even issuing updates at this point? People quit listening to her weeks ago and the governor's orders supersede hers. Adios.
because some companies, wisely or unwisely, are tying their office openings to county SAH orders.
agz win
AG
And some locals trust their local county officials more than state officials.
cajunaggie08
AG
and some locals trust their state officials more than federal disease experts
TXTransplant
If you ain't skeered of coronavirus, bring on the brain-eating amoeba!

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/conroe/news/slideshow/Conroe-s-backyard-waterpark-plans-to-open-202609.php?cmpid=hpctp
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
RK said:

ChemAg15 said:

Why is Dora the Explorer even issuing updates at this point? People quit listening to her weeks ago and the governor's orders supersede hers. Adios.
because some companies, wisely or unwisely, are tying their office openings to county SAH orders.
Not a big Lina fan, but I'm honestly not sure how people would put more faith in state officials than they would local officials (no matter how bad or inexperienced). At least blind faith. Texas is a big ass state and you can't tell me that what's good for Alpine is good for Houston and vice versa.
Dan Scott
AG
It's like with the federal government. When the fed says something people disagree with they shout states rights. People only care about locals when they disagree with the higher authority
BMX Bandit
Head Ninja In Charge said:

RK said:

ChemAg15 said:

Not a big Lina fan, but I'm honestly not sure how people would put more faith in state officials than they would local officials (no matter how bad or inexperienced). At least blind faith. Texas is a big ass state and you can't tell me that what's good for Alpine is good for Houston and vice versa.

Because I trust Abbott over any local democrat. That's with regard to Houston, alpine, or anywhere else
RK
AG

RK said:

ChemAg15 said:

i don't have trust or faith in any of them, as a blanket statement. i trust that i am capable of evaluating the data, assessing the risks against my tolerance and the impact on others, and making a reasonable decision. in fact, i'd be pretty shocked if i couldn't perform that list of things to a higher level than a 28 year old with a big title...or a group of politicians making CYA decisions.
Unemployed
AG
BMX Bandit said:

RK said:

ChemAg15 said:

Because I trust Abbott over any local democrat. That's with regard to Houston, alpine, or anywhere else
Abbott is a shill for big money just like any politician whether Democrat or Republican.
BMX Bandit
And I still trust him more than any democrat.
cajunaggie08
AG
Here is an article the shows how the state has been lumping in antibody tests with the standard viral tests as part of the reported cases numbers.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/05/21/texas-coronavirus-testing-antibodies/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1590111142&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3j5ELZd6lyWZgOi_Cg9kDNI6T5g-r71jUbaT5R9TZ-lao0ojVaKdAYhPw
Post removed:
by user
rangerdanger
AG
https://abc13.com/amp/willies-grill--icehouse-coronavirus-covid-19-hours-pandemic-closed/6210290/?__twitter_impression=true

Not Willies!
TarponChaser
Sly, Dora, and their respective bands of morons can go **** themselves with their restrictions. We know the risks (minimal) and are able to make decisions for ourselves and our families. If you're at-risk, stay the hell home and worry about yourself. The rest of America needs to get back to work.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Looks like Wordometer now has total tests performed in Harris at 182,710, Fort Bend at 11,430, Montgomery at 14,176, and Galveston at 28,884.

aTm2004
AG
Thanks for the update. 6.4% positive. Hospitals not overrun. Open it up.
Diggity
AG

****ing comical
Zemira
AG
Someone is getting some kickbacks.
cajunaggie08
AG
At least they found a use for NRG Arena with this one.
LostInLA07
AG
Why?
Jock 07
AG

So completely logical that the county is doing this ****
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Can't get a kickback without at least acting like you are spending it
Fitch
AG
TMC says they're in pretty good shape. Not sure why the tent facility is needed, TBH.

Maybe the note about ICU surge <2 weeks out?

dragmagpuff
AG
Big fan of this refreshed data. Now I don't have to plot it up myself to see what is going on.

I wonder why our testing numbers have gone down? Lack of demand, or lack of supply?
Premium
AG
dragmagpuff said:

Big fan of this refreshed data. Now I don't have to plot it up myself to see what is going on.

I wonder why our testing numbers have gone down? Lack of demand, or lack of supply?

Because once you get tested you can't get it again
TXAG 05
AG
dragmagpuff said:

Probably lack of people that care anymore
Zemira
AG
Fitch said:

TMC says they're in pretty good shape. Not sure why the tent facility is needed, TBH.

Maybe the note about ICU surge <2 weeks out?

Because someone in the city government got them the contract and both parties are getting paid for resources that aren't necessary and won't be used.
CoachRTM
AG
Well these riots are going to give us a pretty definitive answers on COVID in 2-3 weeks....
Fitch
AG

Zemira
AG
Pretty sure the virus died this week.
jetch17
AG
V8Aggie
AG
jetch17 said:

To the person(s) that flagged this. You are weak and suck at life.
jetch17
AG
JFC, every pic gets flagged on here now. FFS.
T Durden
AG
How can you tell it is flagged on mobile?
Velvet Jones
AG
This board has been brutal lately because of the anonymous power of a couple of Dolcefinos.
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.