Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,799 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so, if you have a cold or flu are you the kind of guy that would just go to the office anyway and spread it around like a turd?
Ag_07
AG
Sounds like it
IrishTxAggie
AG
Did you miss that I work from home???
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
no i didn't miss that, but the essence of your post says it doesn't really matter to you at all so it's a valid question. if you're sick you're not giving many f***s about reducing exposure to other people.
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
sts7049 said:

so, if you have a cold or flu are you the kind of guy that would just go to the office anyway and spread it around like a turd?
Gotta build up everyone else's immune system ya know. Just doin everyone a favor.
7nine
cone
AG
maybe this will save the thread

Premium
AG
I wouldn't go to work with the flu so I wouldn't go to work with Covid. I would stay home unless the wife wasn't around, and then I might go out to the store or to pick up some food. Actions should be about the same with the flu or Covid.
aTm2004
AG
sts7049 said:

I'd tread lightly there, because you've probably done the same thing and not known you did. Have you worn a mask to work each day before this? Are you planning on doing so once this is over? The reason I ask is because the point of the mask is to help prevent the spread from those who have it and don't know it due to the long incubation period.

But if you haven't worn a mask to work in the past and don't plan to once this is over, you're essentially doing the same thing you're calling him a turd for.

Incubation period for:
Common Flu
Quote:

While the general incubation period for the flu is usually between one and four days, this period can vary from person to person. The average incubation period for the flu is two days

Common Cold
Quote:

The incubation period of a cold is typically between one and three days.

So if you're feeling great MTW and get sick on TR, you've had 3 days of possible spread to the office and general public.

But I know what you're going to do. You're going to read this, not see the point or think about anything that was posted, and make some joke about a 9 year old thread or something.
aTm2004
AG
If you're knowingly sick, why? I can get going to the pharmacy on the way home from the doctor, but that's about it, and you can drive through a pharmacy and minimize contact with others.
David_Puddy
AG
Good lord, some of you guys are f'ing brutal. Came to this thread & saw 150+ new posts since last time I visited and it's the same handful of people arguing over absolutely stupid sh-t. Let's keep this thread to new relevant news instead of whether or not you internet dorks want to wear masks or not. There is a separate thread for that.
aTm2004
AG
There isn't any new or relevant info. Abbott is opening things up and the trend is continuing to go down. Our hospitals aren't near capacity, nor are people dead in the streets from COVID (thuggin' never really took a break). The truth is, without this bickering, this thread would die faster than a hooker in Acres Homes.
Unemployed
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Did you miss that I work from home???
You're being pedantic.

Just replace "go to the office" with "go anywhere out in public".

Quote:

so, if you have a cold or flu are you the kind of guy that would just go to the office go anywhere out in public anyway and spread it around like a turd?
Zeke1995
AG
Has Turner announced that criminals can leave home and resume committing crimes? That's when we know that the lockdown is truly over.
David_Puddy
AG
aTm2004 said:

There isn't any new or relevant info. Abbott is opening things up and the trend is continuing to go down. Our hospitals aren't near capacity, nor are people dead in the streets from COVID (thuggin' never really took a break). The truth is, without this bickering, this thread would die faster than a hooker in Acres Homes.

There's plenty of new and relevant information. Take your bickering to the other thread.
aTm2004
AG
David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

There's plenty of new and relevant information. Take your bickering to the other thread.
Then post some. Outside of restaurants and bars opening, really nothing has changed in weeks. Abbott is driving the ship now and Sly and his even less qualified county counterpart aren't calling the shots anymore.
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

Ask the people in China how well masks work.
When was the last time you were in China? Some people do it, but the vast majority don't walk around with a mask on all the time. If they do, it's more for pollution. When these outbreaks happen you also have to remember that it takes a while before they find out. To quote one person, "They don't tell us everything." It's only when it's really bad that they all bust out the masks. In a country with absolutely no social distancing, really no soap in bathrooms, and terrible respiratory issues, it works pretty well. The one thing they do have, other than the masks, is that so few buildings have adequate AC that usually windows are open and they aren't recirculating indoor air.

As for the Westerner over there, you don't go to jail for not wearing a mask when an outbreak occurs. Everyone just looks at you like you are a jerk though. Someone might say something about it to. That's pretty much it. It's true that the average Chinese has less freedoms than you or I, but they also whine a lot less.
aTm2004
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

When was the last time you were in China? Some people do it, but the vast majority don't walk around with a mask on all the time. If they do, it's more for pollution. When these outbreaks happen you also have to remember that it takes a while before they find out. To quote one person, "They don't tell us everything." It's only when it's really bad that they all bust out the masks. In a country with absolutely no social distancing, really no soap in bathrooms, and terrible respiratory issues, it works pretty well. The one thing they do have, other than the masks, is that so few buildings have adequate AC that usually windows are open and they aren't recirculating indoor air.

As for the Westerner over there, you don't go to jail for not wearing a mask when an outbreak occurs. Everyone just looks at you like you are a jerk though. Someone might say something about it to. That's pretty much it. It's true that the average Chinese has less freedoms than you or I, but they also whine a lot less.
Those two things probably aren't mutually exclusive.
IrishTxAggie
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

I was there in October. Typically go 4-5x/yr.
Bondag
AG
Just got an email that Uber is requiring passengers to wear a face covering as of today.
David_Puddy
AG
aTm2004 said:

David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

Then post some. Outside of restaurants and bars opening, really nothing has changed in weeks. Abbott is driving the ship now and Sly and his even less qualified county counterpart aren't calling the shots anymore.

I can only take so much of the news these days and don't really watch the local news. I'd rather come to a thread like this every couple of days to get information. Instead I get to read meaningless thoughts on masks.....not sure why you're so offended by that, but I'm guessing several others feel the same way.
aTm2004
AG
David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

I can only take so much of the news these days and don't really watch the local news. I'd rather come to a thread like this every couple of days to get information. Instead I get to read meaningless thoughts on masks.....not sure why you're so offended by that, but I'm guessing several others feel the same way.
So, you're sure there's plenty of new and relevant information, but you don't watch the news to know for sure. Instead, you rely on a message board to tell you and then complain about what is being posted and disagreeing when you're told there's nothing new? Do I have that right?
David_Puddy
AG
What you have right is that you're a f'ing beatdown who always feels the need to get the last word. I've got better things to do with my afternoon, so I hope the next time I come back to this thread I don't have to read your mind numbing posts, but I won't hold my breath on that. Be sure you get the last word again, buddy......
aTm2004
AG
The only COVID related things happening in our great city can be discussed in an already existing thread...

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3109850
Texan_Aggie
AG
aTm2004 said:

David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

So, you're sure there's plenty of new and relevant information, but you don't watch the news to know for sure. Instead, you rely on a message board to tell you and then complain about what is being posted and disagreeing when you're told there's nothing new? Do I have that right?

I think what he wants is a thread that is informative, helpful, and enjoyable to read. Instead, you've responded to seemingly every single individual post the past few days like you are addicted to the attention and can't help yourself. You've whined about how CFA handles their money, how you disagreed with Sunglasses Hut implementing a store policy, how you are a patriot because masks aren't helpful, etc. Hell, someone was even able to quickly dig up a post from almost 10 years ago where you were whining about someone starting an issue with you at a bar. It seems that you have issues with a lot of people, maybe just take a few breaths and log off for a few days? I would bet a large sum of money you won't do that and will respond instantly that my opinion is wrong, but its just a suggestion that would probably benefit everybody.

Related note - does TA have a mute button?
IrishTxAggie
AG
If you have stars you can block people
aTm2004
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

David_Puddy said:

aTm2004 said:

I think what he wants is a thread that is informative, helpful, and enjoyable to read. Instead, you've responded to seemingly every single individual post the past few days like you are addicted to the attention and can't help yourself. You've whined about how CFA handles their money, how you disagreed with Sunglasses Hut implementing a store policy, how you are a patriot because masks aren't helpful, etc. Hell, someone was even able to quickly dig up a post from almost 10 years ago where you were whining about someone starting an issue with you at a bar. It seems that you have issues with a lot of people, maybe just take a few breaths and log off for a few days? I would bet a large sum of money you won't do that and will respond instantly that my opinion is wrong, but its just a suggestion that would probably benefit everybody.

Related note - does TA have a mute button?
Hope you made that bet, because you're right, I will respond, and this is why...because people like you don't have your facts straight and just decide to take what others say as gospel, and spread another variation of it. It's like the old telephone game you played as a kid. You tell someone something, they tell another, etc until it gets back to you and you see how much it's changed.

Didn't "whine about how CFA handles their money." I didn't see the need of the basket, but once it was explained that that person is handing it to another who handles the money (thus not touching the money), it made sense and I acknowledge as much. It was the person ahead of me in the drive thru that was paying with cash, so I wasn't able to see that. A couple of posters decided to re-write what was posted and you've bought it hook, line, and sinker. My disagreement with Sunglass Hut was only allowing 2 people in the store, which would mean my kids and either my wife and I having to stand outside. I thought it was absurd, so we walked out. No words, no scene, nothing. You know, the adult thing to do. But to some on here, that's Karening or something. I dunno. It's hard to keep up with what the clique on this board is e-high fiving this week. It's like an extension of high school with people who want to try to relive their lost youth. IMO, the whole reaction to this is dumb because it seems adults are only know figuring out how viruses spread and that a virus usually impacts a certain demographic more that others.

Issues with a lot of people? Let me throw something on you, unprovoked and see how you like it. I bet you'll have an issue with it. But hey, because I decided it wasn't worth a fight and decided to leave, I'm a whiner or something. You probably would have done the same thing because you're an adult who can control their temper and not some young punk who is controlled by emotion. But hey, I posted it on here and it was apparently a post that allowed me to live rent free in a few poster's heads for almost 10 years, which is pretty sad to tell you the truth.

Yeah, you can block people. Give at least $50 a year and you'll have that feature. I choose not to use it because I'm not one who believes in silencing others. If they post something I don't like, I just ignore it. That's what adults do. With that, you'll also be able to see when people quote or respond to you. It's actually a great feature.

I'm the punching bag on this board this week. The difference between others and me is I'm not going to back down. If you post facts, then I often don't respond, but when you decide to take what is posted and change it, then I will. If you don't like what me or others have posted, stop crying about a thread being derailed and then crying when your ignorance is called out.
jetch17
AG
Texan_Aggie
AG
Thanks - I went ahead and did that. Just not worth it read that crap.
Daddy-O5
AG
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/coronavirus-texas-spike-child-drownings/285-32993b17-0a32-4d86-b7f5-5122d25a9a22

COVID now drowning babies.

As report by..... who else?

Chipotlemonger
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Atm2004 is so bad that it drove someone to buy a star so he could permanently ignore him. This is great.
aTm2004
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

What a pud.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
aTm2004
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Texan_Aggie said:

Atm2004 is so bad that it drove someone to buy a star so he could permanently ignore him. This is great.
Put another way, someone isn't adult enough to ignore someone so they have to spend money for a safe space.
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.