Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,379 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jh0400 said:

I don't understand the mask hate. Even if the benefits are negligible at best I don't understand how anyone is worse off by wearing a mask than not. Is it the joy of open defiance of a nanny state directive?

I think the Surgeon Gen and WHO screwed the pooch by coming out at the beginning saying that wearing a mask wasn't that effective and to not wear them. They were basically being a bit disingenuous for the greater good in order to try to preserve medical grade masks for professionals and not for every panicking citizen running to the store to buy n95.

That gave people a reason, at that time, to look at mask wearers as paranoid and uneducated. That set the stigma and a lot of people now do not want to put themselves in the same category, even though there is plenty of evidence that something is better than nothing when it comes to slowing down viral load shedding from contagious people.

I'm guilty of it as well. If I see a store with the vast majority of people coming out and going in without masks, I don't wear one because I don't want to feel like the paranoid Karen. If I'm going to wear a mask, I prefer to do it in a store that requires it so that I can at least not feel that way.
7nine
XpressAg09
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

This one is with a mask

TAMU spotted at 1:47
Chipotlemonger
AG
dragmagpuff said:

jh0400 said:

I don't understand the mask hate. Even if the benefits are negligible at best I don't understand how anyone is worse off by wearing a mask than not. Is it the joy of open defiance of a nanny state directive?
I really don't understand the disconnect of claiming masks have no collective benefit by sharing an article that shows that they can stop 28% to 75% of virus-carrying droplets.

Yea that kind of logic isn't worth arguing against.
ATM9000
AG
I think the mask thing is dumb... but at the same time, don't understand the protest of running around everywhere to get whatever you are looking for to avoid wearing something around your face and nose for a couple of minutes vs. just carrying a damn bandana in your pocket and putting it on when asked.

Like which one was the bigger freedom inhibitor And time waster in that scenario: the face mask that you (and everyone else) reluctantly put on or your stubborn dumbass who goes out of their way to avoid doing it out of protest?
jetch17
AG
This thread is startin to spin real fast

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
third coast.. said:

Zemira said:

Third any idea when you are getting off your ship? Was thinking the other day about people stuck far away from loved ones in the pandemic and I thought of you. Hopefully your wife and kids are doing okay and that you aren't going too crazy being locked up.

Day 80 restricted to ship, about 4 weeks overdue and no end in sight on either account.

Why in the hell are y'all confined to the ship that long? That's fuggin' stupid. I could see quarantining the ship in port for 14 days but after that it's pure bureaucratic stupidity.

Hell, they didn't even quarantine ships suspected of plague that long back in the 1800s.
Bondag
AG
TarponChaser said:

third coast.. said:

Zemira said:

Third any idea when you are getting off your ship? Was thinking the other day about people stuck far away from loved ones in the pandemic and I thought of you. Hopefully your wife and kids are doing okay and that you aren't going too crazy being locked up.

Day 80 restricted to ship, about 4 weeks overdue and no end in sight on either account.

Why in the hell are y'all confined to the ship that long? That's fuggin' stupid. I could see quarantining the ship in port for 14 days but after that it's pure bureaucratic stupidity.

Hell, they didn't even quarantine ships suspected of plague that long back in the 1800s.
My guess is they don't want to pay his crew to sit in quarantine 14 days after they leave and another crew to sit in quarantine for 14 days before that so he gets to stay on the boat.
HtownAg92
AG
I just read the recap of the Banana Republic drink thread, where it appears that is exactly what you did - take it like a ***** and leave.
BowSowy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

dragmagpuff said:

jh0400 said:

I really don't understand the disconnect of claiming masks have no collective benefit by sharing an article that shows that they can stop 28% to 75% of virus-carrying droplets.

Yea that kind of logic isn't worth arguing against.
This isn't the Sonoma County board.
Post removed:
by user
ATM9000
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

ATM9000 said:

I think the mask thing is dumb... but at the same time, don't understand the protest of running around everywhere to get whatever you are looking for to avoid wearing something around your face and nose for a couple of minutes vs. just carrying a damn bandana in your pocket and putting it on when asked.

Like which one was the bigger freedom inhibitor And time waster in that scenario: the face mask that you (and everyone else) reluctantly put on or your stubborn dumbass who goes out of their way to avoid doing it out of protest?

It isn't required anywhere I frequent so no time wasted. I do choose to avoid Costco but that's about it.

Good on you.

The anti-mask everyone else is Karen folks are the same ones who ***** and moan about government letting them do what they want and trusting them to be safe instead of regulating. Then the government suggests maybe masks are a good idea and they act like petulant 8 year-olds and complain about freedoms being stepped on.

Always remember... what is now and has always been the case is you get the government that you deserve. If you act like an child about trivial **** like this, then you'll need a nanny and get the nanny state as a result.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
third coast.. said:

Zemira said:

Damn. When you're off the ship, you're free from work responsibilities, right? How long do you think you'll get?
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

I just read the recap of the Banana Republic drink thread, where it appears that is exactly what you did - take it like a ***** and leave.
You really are like a jaded ex, aren't you? Just stalking me and my posts. Apparently, deciding to leave vs. getting into a fight and having the cops called is taking it like a *****. Mr. Attorney over here is going to be the big tough guy and fight someone rather than acting like an adult. Tell you what, let me know when you're going to be out with your friends and family and where you're going. I'll show up to one of the places and throw something at your table, unprovoked, and see how you'd react.
Texaggie7nine
I have no idea how you people remember threads from 9 years ago, but God bless you for it.
7nine
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Hell, I was fuzzy on a lot of the details but knew the gist of it. Then sts decides he doesn't have anything to do and goes searching for it. His buddy Htown (probably who he used as his divorce attorney) decides to go to the other thread where he followed me, then bring it on this thread. I'm sure they've texted each other and got a good chuckle out of it.
aTm2004
AG
Dang. What exactly do you do? I'm sure you've posted it, but I haven't seen it. Don't think you're in the military, but you're obviously on a military ship?
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Good luck to you. I'm guessing you went through the maritime academy at A&M Galveston?
Post removed:
by user
HtownAg92
AG
I don't shop at Banana Republic.
aTm2004
AG
You've established that. You found your Polos back in 1987 while browsing Foley's and you've been buying the same shirts from Foley's/Macy's since. Well, now you're probably doing it online since you know what you like, and dammit, you're not going to be told there's something different! Anyone who shops elsewhere is doing it wrong! Then there's the little fact that even back then, BR wasn't targeting your age demo, and they're certainly not doing it now.
Martin Q. Blank
Jackal99
AG
I feel sorry for her husband (or her wife).
HtownAg92
AG
When someone is this much of a whiny beech/ Karen it almost takes the fun out of baiting. I mean, I'm still going to do it, but just saying.
sts7049
AG
a blind squirrel coulda found that thread, all i did was search your name and "waitress" and boom.
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, I get that. It's just not fun when one party is obsessed with the other party for no apparent reason. It's usually caused by some underlying condition in their private life. Is Hanes no longer making your white cotton grippies?
aTm2004
AG
The fact you felt the need or had the desire to do it is comical.
aTm2004
AG
Seems appropriate for the Tine board.

Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

You know she did the same thing before, but now she has a new excuse. Before, it was probably people driving too fast or looking like they didn't belong in the neighborhood.

Makes me think of Bill Maher's rant:

I don't think I've seen a single person wearing a mask while out in my neighborhood except for the old Asian lady who walks every day.
BohunkAg
AG
Hey guys, the bars are opening Friday....sounds like some of you need to go to one.
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.