Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,882 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

Ok Karen
Let me know when nana or papa passes and I'll set you up with a connection in the funeral biz. He can get you a good deal on that urn you'll need.

Why are Karens/kungflubros always so damned dramatic
You realize your argument for not wearing a mask is basically because you don't want to be told to? You sound like an anti-vaxer or someone with a small man complex.

Doesn't matter that it could help and be for the greater good of the general public but "I'll be darned if someone tells me to wear a mask and save lives! I'm a real man!"
No, the argument for not wearing a mask is because it just doesn't work. Well, that was what the experts were saying until it became cool to say it works. They're promoting masks now that have a hole in it for a damn straw! Yeah, real effective. Masks are nothing more than a current hip trend and allow for others to see who can look at data and make an informed decision vs. those who can't.

cajunaggie08
AG
TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Logically you have to see that masks aren't simply a placebo. It is a respiratory virus. Wearing a mask (correctly albeit) will inherently decrease the amount of particles or spray you put out and take in. Are they perfect, no, but are they a mitigating and helpful step to take, yes. I have reviewed plenty of the data and the studies that come out of each country claiming to have learned something new about the virus but at the end of the day this virus really hasn't hit very close to home. Harris county has a pretty small number of total cases compared to other areas of the country. We resume as if nothing had happened and don't take the basic steps to try to prevent the spread and the cases and deaths will grow exponentially. It's human nature to not view that in as serious of a light until its on our doorstep. Your lack of ability have any foresight is ridiculous and dangerous to those you come in contact with.

There's plenty of data out there showing that the wearing of cloth masks does nothing to impact transmission and are nothing more than a virtue-signalling placebo. Even wearing of ordinary surgical masks does little, particularly when worn improperly.

I have plenty of foresight on the matter based on all the data out there. The models projected millions of deaths in the USA even with shut-downs and social distancing. They've been nowhere close to correct. The data being trumpeted regarding the R0 and mortality rates has been shown to be garbage over and over again. This virus is simply nothing major unless you're elderly or have serious health issues already. There's been a lot of positive news and studies out there showing the shutdown was a major overreaction only to be shut down in the media (and I'm not talking about that garbage "Plandemic" film).

But, sure tell us how this is all about the coronabro favorite word "exponential."
I dare you to tell that to one of the tens of thousands who had to be hooked up to a respirator to survive.

The growth rate of both cases and deaths WAS exponential until we all stayed home. Perhaps that was coincidental. Perhaps just keeping away from the office knocked the transmission chances way down. Maybe we can keep it in check by washing hands more often and taking precautions. I just happen to choose to believe that unless a God given miracle of a mutation changes this virus to not being as contagious or bad as it was in the early part of the year we are on the path for a second wave sooner than later. I have yet to see that data point that makes me think mingling with the masses wont cause the growth rate to return to exponential levels. I hope to see it sooner than later
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

But, sure tell us how this is all about the coronabro favorite word "exponential."
Have you ever been around a little kid when they learn a new big word, and they're all excited to use it all the time?

It's cute in kids.
HtownWilly12
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

Have you ever been around a little kid when they learn a new big word, and they're all excited to use it all the time?

It's cute in kids.

If you can't comprehend a higher level of dialogue go back to the kid's table, the adults are having a discussion.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Nice personal attack to show you missed the point.

Congratulations on thinking of yourself as a big boy. Here's a sticker.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
HtownWilly12
Harry Lime said:

Nice personal attack to show you missed the point.

Congratulations on thinking of yourself as a big boy. Here's a sticker.

Did you make a point? Looked like you made a personal attack labeling me a kid. Hi pot, I'm kettle lol
HtownWilly12
IrishTxAggie said:

It'd be for the greater good if I stopped drinking and being an ******* too. But ya know what; this is America and we have rights and freedoms. Why I don't want to wear one is none of your got damn business. If you're worried about people not wearing masks, stay at home until there's a vaccine.

Ahh, so it is the small complex. Got it lol
RK
AG
Quote:

I dare you to tell that to one of the tens of thousands who had to be hooked up to a respirator to survive.
would probably be less awkward than saying the same thing about influenza to the hundreds of thousands admitted to hospitals in 2018/2019 and tens of thousands who died....we didn't even limit restaurant capacity to help those poor folks.
TarponChaser
Considering that something like 98% (IIRC) of those cases requiring ventilators were people who were already at high risk you're missing the point. I just can't tell if that's intentional or not.
IrishTxAggie
AG
No. It's the I'm a free citizen with rights and there's no laws about me being required to wear a mask and I don't want to. But keep on with your little snarky personal attacks. Enjoy your bubble and I'm going to go to the grocery store, the restaurants, the parks, and any other establishment that will have me and my money all while not wearing a mask.
Jock 07
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

Ok Karen
Let me know when nana or papa passes and I'll set you up with a connection in the funeral biz. He can get you a good deal on that urn you'll need.

You realize your argument for not wearing a mask is basically because you don't want to be told to? You sound like an anti-vaxer or someone with a small man complex.

Doesn't matter that it could help and be for the greater good of the general public but "I'll be darned if someone tells me to wear a mask and save lives! I'm a real man!"

Ok Karen
Jock 07
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

Ok Karen

Ok Karen
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Looked like you made a personal attack labeling me a kid. Hi pot, I'm kettle lol
I've never even noticed your username before you replied to me, so no, not a personal attack towards you in particular. If I were going to name names and get personal, I couldn't have come up with yours. More a reflection on all the copy & paste talking points I've seen repeated over an over on Forum 16 and, to a lesser degree, here.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Billy let me use Harry Lime again a while back, I just hadn't used it much since I was used to the other one. Only signed into this one again because I was bored enough this month to use the premium trial and see if there was any good gossip on Ags Only or premium. Meh. May try it again when and if football seasons starts.
cajunaggie08
AG
Considering we as a nation have one of the highest obesity and heart disease rates in the world, we have a lot of high risk people living and working among us. For the majority of people, getting the virus is a non-event. However, simply telling the high risk population that they need to stay isolated while the world goes on around them without taking any precautions is basically saying, "well I got my way of life back and I don't care about yours."

It affects me personally because my wife has an autoimmune disease that requires her to be on medications that suppress her immune system. Her doctors have explicitly told her she is high risk and should self-isolate. Now, I like to think I am a reasonable man. I know everyone can't stay home forever just so my family doesn't get sick. I'll probably lose my job if the economy doesn't turn around. But saying this is no big deal is an insult to every medical worker, family with sick and lost ones, and families like mine who have to adjust how to get by in this new world. My wife wanted to go back to work once the kids were school aged. That is potential lost income for us. I hope and pray that we have an effective way to eradicate this disease so we can rejoin the rest of society. I also hope and pray more people would show some compassion for their fellow man by at least being cautious while going back to normal rather than mocking everyone they see out in public who is trying to take precautions or criticizing a business for having safety protocols in an attempt protect their workers.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
They had $1 trial but it may be over now.

And yeah, that was the only other account i've had since the permaban, but did change the username a couple times. Last name was a reference to a mechanical lubricant. I liked that name.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I understand that obesity is an issue, but at the end of the day, the median age of all COVID deaths is still in the upper 70s! The obese and heart disease are the outliers. Maybe they should work on not being lolfats. This coming from someone that's personally lost over 50lbs.

Sometimes life deals is the short side of the stick. That is no reason to encroach on our personal freedoms that we've had for almost 250yrs.
BowSowy
AG
When are we going to stop having these stupid mask debates?
Sumatriptan
its not a big deal unless you re old with underlying health conditions per the numbers hth.
BBRex
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Considering we as a nation have one of the highest obesity and heart disease rates in the world, we have a lot of high risk people living and working among us. For the majority of people, getting the virus is a non-event. However, simply telling the high risk population that they need to stay isolated while the world goes on around them without taking any precautions is basically saying, "well I got my way of life back and I don't care about yours."

It affects me personally because my wife has an autoimmune disease that requires her to be on medications that suppress her immune system. Her doctors have explicitly told her she is high risk and should self-isolate. Now, I like to think I am a reasonable man. I know everyone can't stay home forever just so my family doesn't get sick. I'll probably lose my job if the economy doesn't turn around. But saying this is no big deal is an insult to every medical worker, family with sick and lost ones, and families like mine who have to adjust how to get by in this new world. My wife wanted to go back to work once the kids were school aged. That is potential lost income for us. I hope and pray that we have an effective way to eradicate this disease so we can rejoin the rest of society. I also hope and pray more people would show some compassion for their fellow man by at least being cautious while going back to normal rather than mocking everyone they see out in public who is trying to take precautions or criticizing a business for having safety protocols in an attempt protect their workers.

Sorry, man. Civic responsibility is out of fashion.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BBRex said:

cajunaggie08 said:

What about people with food allergies? Does that mean all restaurants shouldn't be allowed to have foods with egg, poultry, peanuts, etc. on the menu because it can have an adverse effect on someone else? After all, apparently it's their civic responsibility to accommodate by your metrics.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BBRex said:

cajunaggie08 said:

What about people with food allergies? Does that mean all restaurants shouldn't be allowed to have foods with egg, poultry, peanuts, etc. on the menu because it can have an adverse effect on someone else? After all, apparently it's their civic responsibility to accommodate by your metrics.
people with severe food allergies like this carry an Epipen. They have a medication designed to make this less of a risk.

Terrible analogy dude.

Furthermore, restaurants go out of their way to inform of potential allergens that may be present.

The allergens are also physical things we can see and verify if present.
IrishTxAggie
AG
And some also choose to just not eat out and put themselves in a potentially compromising situation. I wouldn't necessarily say that the allergens are all visible either.

My issue is and continues to be this revolves around personal choices. If an establishment chooses to require a mask, so be it. It is there choice. I will simply choose not to go.

As far as people that are susceptible, they have choices to make. Balance your own risk/reward profile. But my freedoms, regardless of how much someone may disagree with them, do not stop where someone else's fears begin.
BBRex
AG
And, yes, you may choose to be a combative dick about it.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

And some also choose to just not eat out and put themselves in a potentially compromising situation. I wouldn't necessarily say that the allergens are all visible either.

My issue is and continues to be this revolves around personal choices. If an establishment chooses to require a mask, so be it. It is there choice. I will simply choose not to go.

As far as people that are susceptible, they have choices to make. Balance your own risk/reward profile. But my freedoms, regardless of how much someone may disagree with them, do not stop where someone else's fears begin.
what freedoms of yours are being infringed?
IrishTxAggie
AG
BBRex said:

And, yes, you may choose to be a combative dick about it.

It's not being a combative dick for exercising my rights as a free citizen. I'm simply choosing not to do something that I don't want to and it's not illegal. You're the one that seems to be whining about it.
TXTransplant
So, I'm a member of the YMCA and got this email today. It's a list of facilities in the greater Houston area that will be open for DAY CAMP, for those of you who need a place to park the kiddos.

CENTERS AVAILABLE FOR OUTDOOR GROUP EXERCISE, LAP SWIMMING AND CAMP/CHILD CARE
Fort Bend Family YMCA
Harriet and Joe Foster Family YMCA
Lake Houston Family YMCA
Langham Creek Family YMCA (outdoor programs for members until July 20 due to construction)
Mark A. Chapman YMCA at Katy Main Street
D. Bradley McWilliams YMCA
The Woodlands Family YMCA at Shadowbend
Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA
Trotter Family YMCA
WD Ley Family YMCA
Weekley Family YMCA

CENTERS OPEN FOR CAMP/CHILD CARE ONLY (through September 1)
Alief Family YMCA
Conroe Family YMCA
EA Smith Family YMCA
MD Anderson Family YMCA
Houston Texans YMCA
Thelma Ley Anderson Family YMCA
TW Davis Family YMCA
West Orem Family YMCA
IrishTxAggie
AG
None. I didn't say they were being infringed on and that is my point. I'm making the choice. People seem to be hell bent on shaming others for it. I don't care if someone wants to wear a mask. It's none of my business. Just as my choice to not wear one is no one else's. How do people know that someone doesn't wear a mask because it causes anxiety or because they have trouble breathing with one on? Everyone is under this assumption that the choice not to wear a mask is to be a rebel or an anarchist when in reality there are a number of reasons why people won't or can't.
BowSowy
AG
Both sides are ridiculous about it. Who knew a damn face mask could be so divisive? One side says those who don't wear a mask are being rebellious or selfish, while the other side says people who wear a mask are living in fear or being sheep. It's a mask, who cares? I'm so tired of everything being an argument where both sides dig their heels into the sand.

I get that people are bored as **** and frustrated and wanting to take that boredom and frustration out on someone. Quit with the mask debate and focus your energy on aTm2004
TarponChaser
TXTransplant said:

So, I'm a member of the YMCA and got this email today. It's a list of facilities in the greater Houston area that will be open for DAY CAMP, for those of you who need a place to park the kiddos.

CENTERS AVAILABLE FOR OUTDOOR GROUP EXERCISE, LAP SWIMMING AND CAMP/CHILD CARE
Fort Bend Family YMCA
Harriet and Joe Foster Family YMCA
Lake Houston Family YMCA
Langham Creek Family YMCA (outdoor programs for members until July 20 due to construction)
Mark A. Chapman YMCA at Katy Main Street
D. Bradley McWilliams YMCA
The Woodlands Family YMCA at Shadowbend
Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA
Trotter Family YMCA
WD Ley Family YMCA
Weekley Family YMCA

CENTERS OPEN FOR CAMP/CHILD CARE ONLY (through September 1)
Alief Family YMCA
Conroe Family YMCA
EA Smith Family YMCA
MD Anderson Family YMCA
Houston Texans YMCA
Thelma Ley Anderson Family YMCA
TW Davis Family YMCA
West Orem Family YMCA
I got the same email. They're not open until June 1 if I read it correctly.
Post removed:
by user
BowSowy
AG
Yep, my Facebook feed would very much disagree with you. There are a lot of people who aren't wearing masks and are combative about it. Most people either wear masks or don't and neither give a ***** But those few who do give a **** on either side are awfully vocal about it
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.