Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,786 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BBRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Things must be getting back to normal if this thread made it more than 24 hours without a post.
Fitch
AG
Relatively low day yesterday, just +145.
+554 between Friday/Saturday

Abbott's press conference is at 2:30 this afternoon. Likely to announce reopening of some service businesses and smaller counties with lower incidence rates with control measures.
Nitro Power
AG
Good thing we have Lina running the show in Harris County. You know...to save lives
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BBRex said:

Things must be getting back to normal if this thread made it more than 24 hours without a post.

More like fed up
TXTransplant
BBRex said:

I've observed that traffic is usually heavier during the work day (esp since most of us are WFH) than it is on the weekends.
jetch17
AG
Fixing to go see how many fingers get wagged at me on my bike ride now that the magical mask date has taken effect

98Ag99Grad
AG
Should be fine since that's considered exercise.
jswags
AG
So if we see the mask patrol, just start jogging in place?
Fitch
AG
jetch17 said:

Fixing to go see how many fingers get wagged at me on my bike ride now that the magical mask date has taken effect

Just got in from a run along the bayou. I'd bet 2/3 of the people were wearing. More than the past couple weeks. Mostly folks walking or taking dogs out, less so joggers.

Edit: wrong emoji
jetch17
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Oh I know, but on the neighborhood trail the Asians and Karen's will likely be onory in the 'it's the lawwwww' hype machine

We have several that have already been jogging in n95s who stop every 2 minutes to pull it off to breathe - and the ones who scramble as people approach to cover their mouths quick as the approaching runner/bike comes to swiftly infect as they pass
Big Cat `93
AG
Just tell the coppers and Karens that walking is the best form exercise. Thomas Jefferson said so. Who are they to contradict a founding father?
Bondag
AG
Ill put my mask back on as soon as my coffee cup is empty.
Betoisafurry
jswags said:

claim psychological distress
Texaggie7nine
Just paint it on

7nine
chiken
AG
jetch17 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Oh I know, but on the neighborhood trail the Asians and Karen's will likely be onory in the 'it's the lawwwww' hype machine

I believe you mean "but it's tha waaaaaw"
chiken
AG
I can't tell if this is a man or a woman - but IT needs to trim it's nose hairs.
Texan_Aggie
AG
chiken said:

I can't tell if this is a man or a woman - but IT needs to trim it's nose hairs.
Hats off to you for not assuming gender.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I am going to do my best to stay in Galveston county until lady Hidalgo gets put in check. Yall have fun with your Astrodome and your pubescent Judge. Me and Mark Henry will be chillin down south.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm wondering how his next election is going to go. I'm on a politics page for League City and a lot of normally conservative people are up in arms about all of this not being enough. Add to that the Galveston Daily News seems to have it out for him hardcore and I wonder how it goes.
98Ag99Grad
AG
jswags said:

actually not a bad idea.
Daddy-O5
AG
jswags said:

So who exactly makes up this mask patrol? Not Sly. Not HPD. Not HCSO. No one is going to enforce this garbage.
cajunaggie08
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

jswags said:

So who exactly makes up this mask patrol? Not Sly. Not HPD. Not HCSO. No one is going to enforce this garbage.
People with this haircut
aTm2004
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

jswags said:

Probably the lady we saw walking her sissy dogs on Friday afternoon in a "Cumo for President" sweatshirt while her husband was a safe distance behind her wondering when exactly he lost his balls.
CowtownAg06
AG
On Saturday, I had the whole family out for a walk on the Heights Hike and Bike trial. There's a part of the trail that crosses White Oak Bayou, where you can go down and walk along the bayou, or stay up and head toward downtown. On the lower part, there is a large concrete section off the trail, where a group of about 12 people where practicing MMA or something. They were full on grappling with each other on mats. Lots of people walked by and took pictures. Most looked amused at the very obvious lack of social distance, but I'm sure some where going to report them.

On a related note, they all became my audience, when my 7 year decided to see what would happen if he rolled his scooter down the spillway. I have no idea what he was thinking, but I used the 4 year old's scooter to make a swift water rescue. So that was fun.
drumboy
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

On Saturday, I had the whole family out for a walk on the Heights Hike and Bike trial. There's a part of the trail that crosses White Oak Bayou, where you can go down and walk along the bayou, or stay up and head toward downtown. On the lower part, there is a large concrete section off the trail, where a group of about 12 people where practicing MMA or something. They were full on grappling with each other on mats. Lots of people walked by and took pictures. Most looked amused at the very obvious lack of social distance, but I'm sure some where going to report them.

On a related note, they all became my audience, when my 7 year decided to see what would happen if he rolled his scooter down the spillway. I have no idea what he was thinking, but I used the 4 year old's scooter to make a swift water rescue. So that was fun.
I saw a group down there yesterday around 4PM when I rode to the Saucer. Did you take a pic of the MMA group on Saturday? If so post it, I know a few people that are crazy enough to do that sort of thing.
aTm2004
AG
Didn't do anything like that, but did beat a baby copperhead with a giant stick on Saturday.

Wife and I went on a walk Saturday morning with the baby in the stroller while the 2 older ones were ahead of us on their bikes. Toward the end of the walk, another couple wearing masks were coming toward us, so we moved to the right of the greenbelt, which I guess wasn't far enough over for Karen, because she started walking about 3 feet off of the greenbelt in the grass until she disturbed a baby copperhead and caused it to slither onto the greenbelt. She began freaking the **** out while her husband looked like he was contemplating letting it bite him and then running into the woods. My wife took the stroller and walked back, so I grabbed a tree branch that was nearby, broke it at a length for a good hittin' stick, and then proceeded to rain down blows on it's head like a pissed off Thor. I should have chosen a much sturdier stick, because this thing was breaking apart like a cat lady watching people on Crystal Beach not social distancing properly, but it did the job. When I felt it had enough and just wanted to die, I got another stick and threw the snake into the woods.

She thanked me, and as we began walking away, I heard her husband say "I told you stay on the got damn greenbelt."
ChemAg15
AG
He just couldn't resist the pristine waters of white oak bayou
07fta07
AG
jswags said:

Or just walk around with an open bag of candy. Can't wear a mask if you're eating.
aTm2004
AG
07fta07 said:

jswags said:

Or just walk around with an open bag of candy. Can't wear a mask if you're eating.
Both are actually great ideas. "Hey, I'm obeying her commands. Skittle?"
Zobel
AG
poor snake. another covid19 death, blood on karen's hands
aTm2004
AG
Most certainly a COVID death. Had Karen not let her COVID fear take over, she wouldn't have disturbed it and it'll be striking a field mouse right about now.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
aTm2004 said:

Didn't do anything like that, but did beat a baby copperhead with a giant stick on Saturday.

Wife and I went on a walk Saturday morning with the baby in the stroller while the 2 older ones were ahead of us on their bikes. Toward the end of the walk, another couple wearing masks were coming toward us, so we moved to the right of the greenbelt, which I guess wasn't far enough over for Karen, because she started walking about 3 feet off of the greenbelt in the grass until she disturbed a baby copperhead and caused it to slither onto the greenbelt. She began freaking the **** out while her husband looked like he was contemplating letting it bite him and then running into the woods. My wife took the stroller and walked back, so I grabbed a tree branch that was nearby, broke it at a length for a good hittin' stick, and then proceeded to rain down blows on it's head like a pissed off Thor. I should have chosen a much sturdier stick, because this thing was breaking apart like a cat lady watching people on Crystal Beach not social distancing properly, but it did the job. When I felt it had enough and just wanted to die, I got another stick and threw the snake into the woods.

She thanked me, and as we began walking away, I heard her husband say "I told you stay on the got damn greenbelt."

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I don't think it will matter. Nobody reads the mullet wrapper except my parents and there isn't much of a democrat presence down here to mount a successful campaign. Only thing that can hurt him is the coco exploding here and really killing a bunch of people. If it starts trending that way, I think he will backtrack, or Governor Charles Xavier will step in for him. I don't think it will come to that though.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Tomorrow is commissioners court. On the supplemental agenda, item #20. Discussion on changing the Face Coverings order from an Executive Order to an Advisory Order and drop the legal penality.

County is being sued and I guess the legal minds who at first said it was OK are now having 2nd thoughts.
aTm '99
schmellba99
AG
RK said:

schmellba99 said:

RK said:

schmellba99 said:

RK said:

the gov't feels the need to overreach on a consistent basis because people are too dumb, in general, to act rationally and responsibly. i don't see either of those things changing anytime soon.
Overreach and mandates from a government that is dumber than the genpop doesn't help or solve problems, it only compounds them and makes it easier to erode what little freedoms we have left.

But carry their water like a good soldier, I guess. Or something.

I wasn't saying I agree with it, just pointing out why. Are you ever not looking for a nit picky fight?
When it comes to stupid statements on a message board during a quarantine? No, always looking. Because I"m bored.

HTMFH. Dont' say stupid stuff, won't be a nitpicky fight.
is a post stupid because it's misinterpreted? or is the person who misinterprets it stupid? asking for another poster.
It's stupid because the original poster posted something stupid. HTMFH.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.