Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,698 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

April 24, 2020
Dear Katy ISD Parents/Guardians, Staff and Community,

In an email to our Katy ISD community on Monday, I communicated that we would open our District outdoor facilities in alignment with Governor Abbott's announcement to re-open parks. In making the decision to open outdoor facilities to our community members, I believed I was following the guidance and intent of the most recent executive order, which did not prohibit people from essential daily activities, such as engaging in physical activity and visiting parks, as long as the public takes the necessary precautions to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and minimize in-person contact with those outside your same household.

Today, I received a letter from Harris County that stated, "after reviewing the [website] posting it has been determined by the Office of Lina Hidalgo, Harris County Judge, that opening the above listed facilities are not in line with the orders of the Governor of the State of Texas nor her office." As requested by the letter, Katy ISD will be closing all outdoor facilities throughout the District, effective immediately, with the exception of Junior High tracks, which are allowed to remain open per the Harris County letter.

Currently, the Harris County "Stay Home, Work Safe" order is set to expire on April 30, 2020. With the exception of an extension of any of the current local and state orders, Katy ISD will re-open all outdoor facilities on May 1, 2020.

I sincerely apologize to our community for the misunderstanding.

Ken Gregorski, Ed.D.
Superintendent
Al Bula
AG

Lance Hindt would have bullied the hell outta dem tiddies
Texaggie7nine
7nine
cajunaggie08
AG
Seeing how Hidalgo is a Katy ISD grad, I'm sure she took a little personal pleasure submitting that letter. I know I always wanted to tell the school admins to eff off when I was a student.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I actually think church is about the most likely place for an outbreak. People packed into pews, shaking hands, and in my faith, getting Holy Communion.
I was never comfortable with the whole chalice thing. Yeah, he wipes it with that cloth, buuut...I think I'll just take the host or maybe sit down and think about my sins.

Some of us were already "taking precautions" and practicing forms of social distancing. Especially at WalMart.
TXTransplant
Liquid Wrench said:

Quote:

I actually think church is about the most likely place for an outbreak. People packed into pews, shaking hands, and in my faith, getting Holy Communion.
I was never comfortable with the whole chalice thing. Yeah, he wipes it with that cloth, buuut...I think I'll just take the host or maybe sit down and think about my sins.

Some of us were already "taking precautions" and practicing forms of social distancing. Especially at WalMart.

I've been getting communion for about 35 years and have never (to my recollection) taken from the chalice. It wasn't required when I was a kid, and I never did it. Stopped allowing the host to be put in my mouth years ago.

I've never liked all the hand shaking and hand holding, either. A wave and a nod should suffice.
swimmerbabe11
My church started doing communion again. Having services 3 times a day, seven days a week specifically for communion. Sign up is for up to 10 people. I drank from the common cup. No concerns... way more worth the risk than anything else I do.

98Ag99Grad
AG
Dave Ward in the hospital now with an infection. Docs dont think covid19 even though wife had it.
aTm2004
AG
Not the Hardest Ward.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I've been getting communion for about 35 years and have never (to my recollection) taken from the chalice. It wasn't required when I was a kid, and I never did it.
We're close in age. It was part of first communion, but eventually I told my parents I thought it was icky for everyone to drink from the same cup and they told me it was optional.
HouAggie2007
Your church is also the lunny Catholics
DuncanAg
AG
Oh I've heard it all now with Judge Lina's mandate....just now on KPRC they said county employees will be required to wear masks while working in county buildings as well as maintain social distancing. Wait for it....asked about the requirement, a county spokesman said those employees who don't adhere to the requirements WILL NOT BE DISCIPLINED.
Bigballin
AG
It's all a racket. The government is just trying to see how they can control the population. Not discounting what the chinese virus can do, but we live with many more risks than what is currently posed by the kung flu...
Al Bula
AG
I predict the demotardic majority of Harris County will do nothing to unseat La Divertida Pechuga and Houston will sink to San Fran and Baltimore levels in under a decade.

"Would you like some violence and street poop on your order, sir?"
gambochaman
AG
KISD superintendent had reopened school playgrounds and promptly received a letter from Lina Hidalgo ordering them to be shut down again gdit
I'm sure Karen promptly complained when she saw a kid having fun outside
I took my kids to a playground yesterday and it was just us, they had so much fun....this idiocy makes no sense at all
gambochaman
AG
Dammit i saw it was already posted

Anyways , Hidalgo is the worst
FarmerJohn
AG
What about something with a little higher proof? There CDC says 60% alcohol is needed for hand sanitizers and that's just about barrel proof bourbon. Seems like a good compromise.
Pahdz
At the LCMS church I grew up at in Katy the pastor used a rag soaked in Everclear to wipe the rim after every person who drank from the Big Gulp
IrishTxAggie
AG
Has anyone stopped to actually look at the numbers on age distribution? I'm shocked I tell ya!!
Unemployed
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

nm
Silky Johnston
What other risks are you taking? Running around the grocery store licking all the shopping cart handles? I guess since you have God on your side you don't have anything to worry about.
Jack Cheese
AG
Silky Johnston said:

What other risks are you taking? Running around the grocery store licking all the shopping cart handles? I guess since you have God on your side you don't have anything to worry about.

Someone got a bug up their ass this morning.
Texaggie7nine
Not much different than the numbers from italy and Spain. What's the big breakthrough?
7nine
swimmerbabe11
Silky Johnston said:

just being in a grocery store/hardware store/pet store/gas station..whatever, I come into contact with quadruple the people at each place than sitting in my church with ten other people spaced around the sanctuary that's being disinfected between services.

Irish just said he'd basically lick the bar top of any packed bar in Houston if they were open, and half the board is all "**** yo mask *****, I do what I want", but I follow my religion in a much more restricted way...and you mad at me bro?
HouAggie2007
I share zero beverages or food with people at any of the places I go.
Silky Johnston
You said that you are drinking from the same cup as those other nine people. Are they dumping the grape juice out and disinfecting the cup after each hit?

Not mad, just seems silly that you think that is safer than going to the gas station.
swimmerbabe11
I said "worth it"

But yes, there are plenty of mitigating factors that I think it's basically same/same and I'm not that worried about it.
Silky Johnston
Lol, ok
HouAggie2007
My God demands sacrifice
Matt Hooper
AG
Congratulations on exercising your Constitutional Right to the free exercise of religion and not apologizing for it.

Hooper Drives the Boat
lancevance
Biggest hoax ever
Jock 07
AG
cone said:

texags 1942

**** you commie with this rationing nonsense

ill take what i want when i want it cuz i've got the fair asking price right here

if you plant a victory garden, you're no better than a soviet ****

Are you seriously trying to compare this to WWII?
Jock 07
AG
FHKChE07 said:

Considering some municipalities are already flying drones around to make sure that people are maintaining 6' distancing and don't have fevers or coughs, some people are worried about the overreach of the government.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/494330-connecticut-city-testing-drone-that-detects-fevers-coughs

No kidding. these are the thing you read about how the CCP keeps their people in line and say to yourself how much it must suck to live in a society like that; and yet here we are.
Ciboag96
Commandante Hidalgo. Or is it Hilldawgo.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think it's Hinojoso
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.