Houston
Sponsored by

FBI Investigation Going on at HISD Administration Building

19,439 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jackal99
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://abc13.com/education/fbi-investigating-at-hisd-administration-building-/5971312/

A few rats about to get rooted out?

Quote:

The FBI Houston Field Office released this brief statement on the matter:

The FBI is conducting court authorized law enforcement activity at the Hattie Mae White, HISD Administration Building. We want to assure the public there is no danger to the HISD students, staff or greater Houston community. We will provide any additional information once it becomes public. We have no further comment at this time.
chimpanzee
Suspected crookery at HISD? This is shocking. I am shocked.

sts7049
aTm2004
AG
themissinglink
AG
Next stop should be the mayor's office.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
themissinglink said:

Next stop should be the mayor's office.
it was probably Sly that tipped them. They probably have him on something so he offered up HISD in exchange.
themissinglink
AG
Waltonloads08
AG
Let me guess, HISD's budget issues are way worse than reported, and these grifters have been embezzling finds?
bluefire579
AG
Waltonloads08 said:

Let me guess, HISD's budget issues are way worse than reported, and these grifters have been embezzling finds?
Embezzlement was my guess when my fiance texted me about it. That report is making it seem like the likely culprit.
lunchbox
Talked to a friend who works there and is currently in the bldg.

The whole c-suite is roped off and all exits blocked. Police told him to go back to his desk when he tried to leave his suite.
Teddy Perkins
AG
MAROON
AG
as an HISD taxpayer I approve of this message.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Notice all the local media outlets are fixed squarely on the water main break to not pay attention to this.
Liquid Wrench
blindey said:

Notice all the local media outlets are fixed squarely on the water main break to not pay attention to this.
I kept waiting for them to cut to the HISD story, but nope. We have a "flood event!"
RK
AG
the IRS dude packing heat is a nice touch.
AgCPA95
AG
RK said:

Glock on the right hip...Texas Instruments BA II on the left hip
HtownAg92
AG
It never ceases to amaze that no matter how many times you hear about school officials getting busted in the city, state and nation, there are still people out there that think they are going to be the one who finally gets away with it.

The IRS dude was later quoted as saying "Never stop fighting 'til the fight is done."
themissinglink
AG
Let's read the bio of HISD's COO...

BRIAN G. BUSBYCHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Quote:

Busby began his career with HISD just two years after graduating from high school, working as a custodian. He quickly advanced, serving in a variety of departments and positions, including stints as General Manager and later Officer of Facilities Services.

A graduate of the University of Phoenix and the University of Houston, Busby received his bachelor's degree in Business Management and master's degree in Business Administration. He has served as an active member of the Association of Business Professionals, Texas Association of School Business Officials, the Cleaning Industry Association and the Executive MBA National Honor Society. In 2018, he was named as a 40 Under 40 honoree by the Houston Business Journal.
Started his career as a custodian and has degrees from University of Phoenix and Cougar High.
IrishTxAggie
AG
themissinglink said:

Quote:

Busby began his career with HISD just two years after graduating from high school, working as a custodian. He quickly advanced, serving in a variety of departments and positions, including stints as General Manager and later Officer of Facilities Services.

A graduate of the University of Phoenix and the University of Houston, Busby received his bachelor's degree in Business Management and master's degree in Business Administration. He has served as an active member of the Association of Business Professionals, Texas Association of School Business Officials, the Cleaning Industry Association and the Executive MBA National Honor Society. In 2018, he was named as a 40 Under 40 honoree by the Houston Business Journal.
Started his career as a custodian and has degrees from University of Phoenix and Cougar High.
If those aren't the qualifications of a COO, I don't know what are!!
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgCPA95 said:

RK said:

Glock on the right hip...Texas Instruments BA II on the left hip
Username checks out
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

W
AG
both degrees were probably online
Gap
AG
Geez, Did Busby do a stint outside of HISD in public accounting or something? Otherwise, that is the worst resume I've ever seen for someone in a position similar to his.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gap said:

Geez, Did Busby do a stint outside of HISD in public accounting or something? Otherwise, that is the worst resume I've ever seen for someone in a position similar to his.

Doesn't look like it. And he got his bachelor's from Phoenix in 2012, when he was Director of Maintenance & Operations.
Mas89
AG
HtownAg92 said:

It never ceases to amaze that no matter how many times you hear about school officials getting busted in the city, state and nation, there are still people out there that think they are going to be the one who finally gets away with it.

The IRS dude was later quoted as saying "Never stop fighting 'til the fight is done."
You would think they would have learned after the huge Fed bust at Beaumont ISD a few years ago.
Bondag
AG
themissinglink said:

Quote:

For $194,000 per year. Where do I turn in my resume?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
You have to, ahem, meet certain quotas for that job....
Bondag
AG
blindey said:

I identify as a black woman.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
When can you start?!?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
It is a real possibility that this guy just didn't know he wasn't supposed to take that money.
HtownAg92
AG
Mas89 said:

HtownAg92 said:

You would think they would have learned after the huge Fed bust at Beaumont ISD a few years ago.
Or down the road at TSU.
schmellba99
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

themissinglink said:

Quote:

If those aren't the qualifications of a COO, I don't know what are!!
I actually think the fact that he started off at literally the bottom is a great thing.

The problem, however, and this is probably something that you can pick any school district in any county or state in the country and find the exact same thing - is that this dude has literally only ever worked inside the bubble of the education sector. Odds are that he has zero actual clue as to what accountability is, what adhering to operational budgets really means, what value there is in coming in under a budget, etc.

One of the biggest problems with the education sector, aside from the fact that it has become a landing place for those that can't make it anywhere else, is that there is almost zero experience in anything other than education. Kind of like the royal families of the old days - the constant inbreeding ends up causing all kinds of problems that never get fixed.
schmellba99
AG
Bondag said:

blindey said:

I identify as a black woman.
I identify as a handicapped native american transgender multi cultural gender neutral spirit of the earth with PTSD.

I fuggin win.
Flashdiaz
AG
So you're Lou Diamond Phillips from Young Guns?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.