Houston
Sponsored by

Dentist recommendation?

1,693 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by lil99chris
LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK I admit it, I have a big baby when it comes to dental visits... I had a BAAAD experience when I was in high school with a root canal performed by an old "family dentist" my mom recommended... and by old, I think he was in his 70's! On this visit, he tried 3 separate times at numbing the area, but each time he got back to work, I felt like the hair on my head was standing straight and and the top of my head was about to explode.

I broke my wrist in 3 areas, broke my ankle, I have had my eyelid surgically sliced open to remove a cyst. No problem. But I guess that one dentist scarred me for life. I've only been back to the dentist a few times since.

Sooo, yesterday I was eating dinner and bit down something very hard and it chipped off a corner of a lower wisdom tooth... and it left a sharp edge! So now I HAVE TO go back to the dentist.

Any recommendations? Someone conservative, i.e. doesn't try to pull out every tooth, etc.

In an old TexAg thread, I came across Dr Cher Rich (on Jones Rd), she might be an option.

Anyone else have good experience over the years?
JayAggie
AG
What area, I like my dentist in Tomball if you live up that way.
medag13
Dr. Shawn Rodgers at Uptown Park Dental is fantastic.
patters10
AG
Ask for Dr. Patterson at Active Life Dentistry-Towne Lake location.

buddybee
I like you have a big phobia of dentist. However, there is a great on who uses the best methods to make you calm and when you get done it is pain free. He is also a great aggie and is a retired Army Colonel. Go see Dr. Timothy Hale in Katy he is on Mason Rd. You will thank me later.
AggieT
AG
buddybee said:

I like you have a big phobia of dentist. However, there is a great on who uses the best methods to make you calm and when you get done it is pain free. He is also a great aggie and is a retired Army Colonel. Go see Dr. Timothy Hale in Katy he is on Mason Rd. You will thank me later.

Dude has a phobia of septuagenarian dentists. Probably not his type of establishment.
Spore Ag
I would not have a problem going to Dr. Hale at all. Great caring individual.
TulaneAg
Dr. Tomy Nguyen at West Houston Dental. Westheimer and Kirkwood area. He's an Ag too.
Bockaneer
AG
I really like my Aggie dentist, Ron Handley - he's on Barker Cypress just south of 290 in Cypress.
91G 'EM 94GGIES!
TexAg2001
AG
David Silberman DDS on Beechnut in Bellaire. Him and his staff are great.
drumboy
AG
I've been going to Dr McClellan in the tunnel level of One Shell for about 10 years after a bad experience with another tunnel dentist and I haven't even worked downtown for close to 6 years.

He's old school, conservative, and has never recommended a 'deep cleaning' or tried to get me to come 3 times a year like other dentists have. I needed a root canal and he sent me to an endodontist.
schmellba99
AG
Kristina Fann, Baytown Family Dentistry. Been a friend of mine for 20+ years, great at her job and even though I live south of Houston and her office is in Baytown, worth the drive for me.
Fall92
AG
Drs. Trey And Heather Thompson are both great dentists and fine Aggies. At Westheimer and Kirkwood. Nice offices too.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
lil99chris
AG
Bockaneer said:

I really like my Aggie dentist, Ron Handley - he's on Barker Cypress just south of 290 in Cypress.

I have used Handley for years. Great dentist and staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.