Houston
Sponsored by

Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis implicated in art smuggling ring

4,258 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
Build It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2020/02/14/new-agreement-proposed-by-ellis-prompts-more-questions-into-ownership-of-african-art-stored-in-harris-county-shed/

How long until it's swept under the rug.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ciboag96
Morons voting these turds into office give zero ****s.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Build It said:

*googles rodney ellis and looks at picture*

what rug?
AlaskanAg99
AG

He knows he's abusing the system and laughs "It'll have been a helluva ride."
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Nobody panic. Kim Ogg will be here to decline to investigate (or, if this gets too public, ensure that a grand jury comes back with a no-bill) as fast as possible.
Liquid Wrench
Ellis is being challenged in the Dem primary by former judge Maria T. Jackson. That's probably the only way anything happens to him.
Fall92
AG
True story- there was a rash of car break ins in my neighborhood this summer. Mine included and we live in a gated community. One of my neighbor's sons had his truck broken into and had a licensed pistol stolen. The thief was later arrested at a local high school w the gun in his possession. Ogg declined to press charges because she "didn't want to ruin the kid's life".
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
tk for tu juan
The Annual Birthday Fundraiser was last week, lots of interested parties that want to make sure their contribution is not a total waste
Chewy
AG
The Wire is a documentary.
Waltonloads08
AG
Fall92 said:

True story- there was a rash of car break ins in my neighborhood this summer. Mine included and we live in a gated community. One of my neighbor's sons had his truck broken into and had a licensed pistol stolen. The thief was later arrested at a local high school w the gun in his possession. Ogg declined to press charges because she "didn't want to ruin the kid's life".

The thought process being the criminal is the real victim when he commits a crime.
CDUB98
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Morons voting these turds into office give zero ****s.

EOT
Onceaggie2.0
Waltonloads08 said:

Fall92 said:

The thought process being the criminal is the real victim when he commits a crime.
Pooor rakown is really a good kid.
Al Bula
AG
Chewy said:

The Wire is a documentary.
Gator92
AG
I'll buy anyone a beer who can find the cartoon The Batt ran in the early nineties depecting Ellis as a small black dog knipping at the heals of an Aggie in senior boots. Circa 1992.
Boo Weekley
Beto loving white liberal maggots.
drwong
AG
Gator92 said:

I'll buy anyone a beer who can find the cartoon The Batt ran in the early nineties depecting Ellis as a small black dog knipping at the heals of an Aggie in senior boots. Circa 1992.
That wasn't Rodney Ellis, it was State Representative Ron Wilson.
Gator92
AG
drwong said:

Gator92 said:

That wasn't Rodney Ellis, it was State Representative Ron Wilson.
You are correct sir. Was thinking it was Ellis. I found this article from Dec 1992, but it's behind a paywall.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Cartoon-in-Student-Newspaper/72326
nonameag99
What is a licensed pistol?
Fall92
AG
His mom said that. Probably just had a CHL permit and left in his truck.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
nonameag99
rilloaggie
AG
nonameag99 said:

What is a licensed pistol?

Reminded me of a former roommate that wanted to borrow my pistol to take to the range and asked "is it registered?".

BigPuma
AG
Build It said:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2020/02/14/new-agreement-proposed-by-ellis-prompts-more-questions-into-ownership-of-african-art-stored-in-harris-county-shed/

I love a good african art story.

More african art
AgFlyGuy
AG

JSKolache
AG
Fall92 said:

Licensed pistol?
TexasAggie81
blindey said:

Nobody panic. Kim Ogg will be here to decline to investigate (or, if this gets too public, ensure that a grand jury comes back with a no-bill) as fast as possible.

She's nothing but a liberal, toothless hack.
W
AG
you know...have to give Channel 2 credit for digging into some of these stories.

gotta think there are various power players in the city trying to shut down their investigations (and not just this one)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.