Houston
Sponsored by

Primrose Daycare at greenway plaza

2,906 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DRE06
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used this daycare before and have any thoughts on it?

We signed up a while ago to start there, but wife is now being paranoid because they don't have cameras to watch our kid. Is it pretty standard to have cameras in daycares now or not so much?

Esperanza didn't have cameras either so not sure we have many other options.
Bassmaster
AG
Don't have experience there, but we've had experience at a Primrose with a camera and one without. They really aren't any different. After hearing some of the nonsense they have to deal with because of the cameras, I can see why many do not have them nowadays. For example, "Little Johnny has been sitting in the same spot for 5 minutes looking at a book, is there something wrong? Why are the teachers ignoring my baby?" We cared about having the cameras a lot when our first came along. By the time we had our third, we were fine with them just keeping him alive for us when we went to pick him up.
Al Bula
AG
tv1113 said:

wife is now being paranoid because they don't have cameras to watch our kid.
what? This is a thing?

Does she not have enough to keep her occupied during the day?
nonameag99
All three of my kids went through some of the most expensive day cares in Houston and we never had cameras. They are all still alive too.
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Diggity
AG
all the best day care centers are using sketch artists these days.
Madmarttigan
AG
Shife said:

tv1113 said:

wife is now being paranoid because they don't have cameras to watch our kid.
what? This is a thing?

Does she not have enough to keep her occupied during the day?

Wife is a lawyer so she really doesn't but is just being a crazy mom right off the bat.
Cibalo
we use the Primrose up by us in NE Houston. No cameras in the rooms and I think it is great. If there were a camera we would be watching it all the time and not getting any work done.

they do good job with reports throughout the day on Kinderline and you get a daily summary.

They do have cameras outside to watch people coming in and out. I would be more concerned with their policy for tracking who comes in and out than if there is a camera in the room.
Ag_07
AG
To me if you don't feel you can trust someone to watch your kids without cameras then they don't need to be watching you kids at all.
htxag09
AG
Doesn't Primrose have a pretty good reputation?

To discard them simply because they don't have cameras so you can watch your kid seems shortsighted.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Which places these days do offer cameras?

The place we will be using (Upbring), doesn't have that as well which I think is a good thing.
Dr. Doctor
AG
With our first kid, we were at Kids R Kids and they had cameras you could watch. We looked at Primrose near us (Upper NE side), but went with KrK (mostly due to $$ and food).

Early on, I would watch randomly through the day, but later, I would check only at nap-time, to see if he was napping.

What happened one time though was a teacher grabbed him hard enough to leave a bruise around his upper arm. Didn't notice until bath time that night. Got upset and emailed the owner. He was able to go through the footage of his class, find out when/where it happened and reprimanded the teacher. We were hoping it was more of "she was grabbing for him because he was about to hurt himself", but it was more of "he kept doing 2 yr old stuff and she was getting mad".

We also had several issues of biting that was resolved (our kid with random bite marks on his spine). They had a 3 bites per week policy, so it helped identify a kid who was attacking other kids.

But the biggest issue is do you feel comfortable with the people. If you do, things will be fine.

~egon
FtBendTxAg
AG
Last time I used a camera at my child's day care was the first day he was there and the teacher handed us the download instructions and PW. Forgot about it since
tdidy03
AG
I'd be more concerned about kid to teacher ratios. We have been using Primrose in Pearland for 5 years now for both kids and have had multiple incidents of bites, hits, fingers smashed in doors, etc over the years due to the number of kids and lack of teachers not able to watch them.
DRE06
AG
Both our our kids go to our church's full-time daycare program. I'm so glad they don't have camera. I work with women who keep the video on one of their compute screens for 8 hours a day a work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.