Houston
Sponsored by

Inflatable bounce houses

2,123 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gindaloon
BQAG02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone own or know someone who owns one of these rental businesses? Or worked for one?

Thinking about investing in something like that but I have questions. Thanks in advance.

Btw, I'm in a different market, so not a potential competitor.
sts7049
AG
when was the last time you saw a rental bounce house?

then think about if this is a wise investment.
BQAG02
AG
There are all kinds in the area I'm in. Also have an opportunity for instant customers IF I decide to do it. Still researching everything which is why I'm trying to find someone kind enough to answer a few questions.
redag06
I see them all the time as well. Every festival has one, go to plenty of kids parties that have them as well.
LPHA
AG
Worked for one when I was home for summer during college. Affordable Moonwalks I think. I can look for an old ass shirt for a phone number
ccolley68
AG
sts7049 said:

You must not have kids. Every birthday party we take the kids to is either rental bounce houses, or one of those trampoline parks. I'd say it's about 75/25, but the last 3 parties have all been trampoline parks. Maybe one of those would be a better option with more growth potential.
BQAG02
AG
I appreciate all the info. Keep it coming...
htxag09
AG
https://innerstrength.zone/life/now-you-can-rent-an-inflatable-irish-pub-for-your-next-backyard-party/

Waltonloads08
AG
sts7049 said:

Are you some sort of hermit?
Dr. Horrible
https://fordhamobserver.com/37875/arts-and-culture/museum-of-sex-bouncy-house-titillates-visitors/
sts7049
AG
i guess so, but in all my years driving around houston i think i've seen these maybe a handful of times. maybe i don't spend enough time in the burbs
MAS444
AG
I live in the Heights and see them all the time.
exp
AG
You know how when you buy a new car, all of a sudden you start noticing them everywhere? Bounce houses are probably like this.
jamesf
AG
I have a neighbor who owns a bounce house business. From what I can tell, it is one of several irons he has in the fire (he also does painting/house remodeling as well as watching the kids while his wife works full time). You can email him and I'm sure he would answer some questions. His name is Kevin.

http://www.mightybouncehouston.com/
Waltonloads08
AG
Maybe so, I do live in the outer suburb Oak Forest, but also see them all the time in the suburbs Houston Heights, West U, Briargrove, Pawn shop openings on Shepherd...etc

If you ever have kids, you'll see one a week min.
HtownAg92
AG
Also in the GOOF with regular sightings. The families on our block usually rotate who is going to rent one for holidays if we are all at home. Birthdays always have one. Events such as Lights in the Heights have them.

It is easy, time-consuming entertainment for kids while the adults can booze.
RK
AG
We bought one for $300 several years ago. One of the best investments I've made.
BQAG02
AG
That inflatable pub looks awesome. Lol. I'll try to contact Kevin. Thanks again for everyone's response!
COSciAG
Spent the summer after my freshman year working for a bounce house company in North Texas. Made descent money for working 3 days/week. Got screwed when I filed my taxes cause I was a contract employee. Lesson learned.
Panama Red
AG
COSciAG said:

Spent the summer after my freshman year working for a bounce house company in North Texas. Made descent money for working 3 days/week. Got screwed when I filed my taxes cause I was a contract employee. Lesson learned.
Wow, this thread hits close to home for you. Really makes you think.
streetfighter2012
AG
I'd make sure you have some serious insurance coverage. We had a blow up obstacle course at an event in high school and someone ended up paralyzed after diving through a tunnel and landing wrong.
BQAG02
AG
Yeah. Insurance is a definite "must-have". Freak accidents like that are terrible, but fortunately they are rare. The majority of injuries happen (not just with inflatables) when there is a large gap in the ages of users. Older kids do crazy things and all of a sudden a 5-year old climbs in and gets accidentally hit/kicked/landed-on/whatever by the older one that didn't see him.
MarylandAG
We live in Cypress and see them all the time. I organized a fund raising festival for my daughter's dance studio and we rented some out. We thought about buying some because the festival will be an annual event but we also thought of the insurance. What type Insurane would be needed for this?
JYDog90
AG
Gimme a break on the oh, I'm not in the burbs I don't see bounce houses

"Yeah, well I live in River Oaks and I'm used to seeing Ferris wheels and Miley Cyrus concerts...ain't got no time for a bounce house or some pedestrian petting zoo with 5 animals in it, two of which are a rabbit and a chicken."
AgCPA95
AG
MarylandAG said:

We live in Cypress and see them all the time. I organized a fund raising festival for my daughter's dance studio and we rented some out. We thought about buying some because the festival will be an annual event but we also thought of the insurance. What type Insurane would be needed for this?
General liability would be one of them, with likely a large excess/umbrella on top of it. Seek out an insurance broker that deals with other commercial clients and let them advise you on specifics and recommended coverage levels.
gindaloon
AG
Quote:

I'd make sure you have some serious insurance coverage. We had a blow up obstacle course at an event in high school and someone ended up paralyzed after diving through a tunnel and landing wrong.
Isn't assumed that a business needs various types of insurance?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.