Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR- Cookoff Tent Tickets? (Company related)

4,574 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
B$Weigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My boss asked me to look into acquiring any cook-off tent tickets for any of the sponsor's or companies present. I have looked online and like I assumed the answer would be, you can only purchase GA cook-off tickets which do not allow you you enter any private tents (obviously).

My question is if any of you or someone you know has private tent access/hosts, would you be willing to sell passes for networking / business use?

We are a growing Oil and Gas Servicing company in the Houston area and are looking to enjoy the cook-off and network among those in the industry.

I understand if this is too late or an impossible request, but I thought I would give the Houston Aggie community a shot. Any answers you have will be of huge help. Even if your answer is for next year's cook-off event.

Please PM me if you have legitimate answers or intentions.
(PM is now available)

Thanks!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Look at the websites for individual teams. You can find a map of the cookoff grounds somewhere on the HLSR website. From there, look for teams that have larger areas (3+ plots) and then google their name. They will usually have a website that has contact info, sponsor levels, and pricing. They'll offer X wristbands per night and X VIP passes per night at different sponsor levels and as you go higher, they'll include your name on promotional materials, etc.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
A legit sponsor coming to the table with real money will never be "too late"
Alan Stanwyck
AG
Can't PM. What's contact info?
BigPuma
AG
you ain't got no stars. hard to pm
B$Weigem
AG
Alan Stanwyck said:

Can't PM. What's contact info?
PM is now available.
Ag_07
AG
Gotta say I've never seen this strategy implemented for cook-off tent ticket begging.

Props to the OP for being an innovator. Well done.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

My question is if any of you or someone you know has private tent access/hosts, would you be willing to sell passes for networking / business use?
A lot of tents just sell passes at the door.
Gator92
AG
I understand Salt Water Smokers is looking for sponsorship.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Caterer/Saltwater-Smokers-BBQ-952941041400285/

Edit to add that most of the large cook teams have a Facebook page. Good place to search.
Liquid Wrench
Great opportunity to network with staggering drunk 20-somethings promising to "flufeeel alll of your inslalation needs anywhere in the whirlll"
Diggity
AG
Really? Never witnessed this.
Dr. Horrible
Got $10k burning a hole in your pocket?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Check out Bottomless Pit's Facebook page. Huge tent and likely has sponsorship spots still available. I used to sponsor that one. Heads up though; it gets ridiculously crowded Friday and Saturday after about 6 or 7.
drumboy
AG
Bar Ditch Cookers emailed me today and they have passes for $80 each. I've been several times and it's not overly crowded and never a line but always a good time.
86 Tex Ag
AG
The Cookoff team I am with has been going for 25 years. I've been on it for 5 years. It's not super huge, nor super small, and is mostly sponsored by smaller companies.

We are having a meeting on Saturday and I am sure that they will give a sponsors report. I think we are good, but I will repost this weekend. We run in the $1500 to $5000 range for sponsorships. Not my area of responsibility on the team, but I can certainly help.
TXAG 05
AG
Diggity said:

Never seen it either, but IMO any tent doing that probably isn't worth going to anyway.

OP, out of curiosity, how many passes per night are you trying to get?
Texaggie7nine
Cstrickland05 said:

Diggity said:

Never seen it either, but IMO any tent doing that probably isn't worth going to anyway.

OP, out of curiosity, how many passes per night are you trying to get?

I've seen some smaller tents that weren't close to full on like a Thursday night let people in for some cash.
7nine
Liquid Wrench
I think sometimes it's just the doorguys taking a personal contribution from suckers.
ccolley68
AG
Body By Fisher said:

I think sometimes it's just the doorguys taking a personal contribution from suckers.

I like working the door of our tent, it's fun. Some guys slipped me a $100 spot for giving them the all access badges that were theirs anyways.
86 Tex Ag
AG
OP, my team could squeeze in another sponsor. Let me know if that's the route you are considering.
94chem
A good tribute band and an open bar were the only things that were interesting. As for the BBQ and the networking - mediocre and useless, respectively, in all likelihood. Your money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.