Houston
Sponsored by

Contractor recommendations

914 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by chewy03
chewy03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a reputable contractor to replace siding on my house.
FarmerJohn
AG
I used Memorial West to do our whole house with hardi. Pluses were that the cost was reasonable and the quality was done the right way. Extra time was spent to cope to roof lines and around details that was not done on my neighbors houses. Negatives were it took a long time to complete the project (though we had a stretch of constant rain that didn't help) and sometimes communication was an issue. Not a language thing as the owner is a native Houstonian in the business for over 30 years, but in terms of schedule and what exactly we were doing. But in the end we went back to him on a new roof and likely for replacement of flooring.

In the end, I view value as a mix of cost and quality. I prefer to work with smaller contractors where the owner is either doing the work himself or directly involved at every stage. That does mean that I give on some things and it's better if you view it as a partnership than you acting like a dictator and trying to micromanage the project.
chewy03
AG
Thanks, I'll give them a call for a quote.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.