Houston
Sponsored by

X post Home Improve Houston crawl space encapsulation

788 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by saturn
Cardiag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got a lot of moisture in the crawl space causing humidity all over my house. I've added French drains and gutters which has really improved the moisture, but the humidity is still there. Anyone have experience with vapor barrier or encapsulation in Houston?

Also any recs for someone to do the work would be appreciated. TIA
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Why now? What changed? Houston has been this way for a long long time, so something else changed. New ac system? New home addition? New home?
Cardiag
AG
New purchase. 1940 with a prior basement. Previous owner filled in the basement in 2011. Has likely been moist for 80 years so I'm trying to isolate the house without messing with the foundation. Had Jericho out a few months ago and report that the foundation is in good shape.
Gator92
AG
Is crawl space vented? Guessing you are talking about a crawl space under the house like a pier and beam?
saturn
AG
We had closed cell foam ($$) sprayed on the underside of the subfloor which has reduced drafts and created a moisture barrier. I was worried about trapping in moisture at the time but haven't had any issues since installation 18 months ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.