Houston
Sponsored by

free bloodwork in town for lead poisoning

6,014 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by schmendeler
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a friend urgently needs to have bloodwork done for mercury (not lead, mistake on the thread levels. I'm trying to find out where in town might she get it for free. Failing that, would it be typical of police to order it done and arrange for it if she tells them she believes she was being poisoned over at least a year? She can drive anywhere around the tine, just need some place to send her.

if anyone has ever detoxed mercury I'm interested to hear how bad you got it, what side effects you had, and how you cleared it out
Stat Monitor Repairman
nonameag99
Lead or Mercury?

I've got a great free mercury blood test place, but they don't test for lead

I've detoxed from lead poisoning and can give you all of the details

I am so confused
reb,
AG
nonameag99 said:

Lead or Mercury?

I've got a great free mercury blood test place, but they don't test for lead

I've detoxed from lead poisoning and can give you all of the details

I am so confused

Mercury. sorry!
randy828
AG
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Do you want police, or an industrial hygienist? If it is truly police, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Nobody is going to use mercury or lead to try and poison someone. There are millions of better choices that are easier to find and more effective. And police aren't going to pick up the tab for this. Maybe if you have a ridiculous amount of concrete proof they might look into it. And, if they did want take the sample and run it, would you want your case to rest upon HPD's crime lab?

All that said, we need some more details!
Dr. Doctor
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Do you want police, or an industrial hygienist? If it is truly police, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Nobody is going to use mercury or lead to try and poison someone. There are millions of better choices that are easier to find and more effective. And police aren't going to pick up the tab for this. Maybe if you have a ridiculous amount of concrete proof they might look into it. And, if they did want take the sample and run it, would you want your case to rest upon HPD's crime lab?

You can definately use mercury to poison someone. That is HIGHLY effective.

Methyl Mercury. Ethyl Mercury Look it up. Super fun stuff.

You could hide it in food for long periods of time and end up super sick without other symptoms. And unless they do a test for it, you'll never know.

This was taught to us in CHEN 433 by Mr. Bradshaw. Had an article about a lady who essentially poisoned herself with Methyl Mercury in the late 90's and almost died.

~egon
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

You can definately use mercury to poison someone. That is HIGHLY effective.

Methyl Mercury. Ethyl Mercury Look it up. Super fun stuff.

You could hide it in food for long periods of time and end up super sick without other symptoms. And unless they do a test for it, you'll never know.

This was taught to us in CHEN 433 by Mr. Bradshaw. Had an article about a lady who essentially poisoned herself with Methyl Mercury in the late 90's and almost died.

~egon
operative statement in your reply was 'for long periods of time'. This isn't a lifetime movie. If someone wants another person dead, they want it now because things are that bad. Only the super rare sick mind would do the long term poisoning, that is why they write books aboit it and make movies. Can't start out looking for extreme outliers.
schmendeler
AG
am I the only one wondering why is has to be for free? I think this is something I would find the money to get established.
Liquid Wrench
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing it has something to do with her financial circumstances.
WES2006AG
AG
This thread has potential.
Al Bula
AG
This was a crucial part of an Law Order: SVU episode where a character was using mercury to poison a family member in order to garner attention. Have you considered that, OP?

https://lawandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Sick
Quote:

Suddenly, it emerges from her family that Billy had sexually molested her. But, following a shoplifting incident conducted by her grandmother, Nora Hodges, it is revealed that that April never had cancer and Nora had used mercury poisoning on her for attention.
Chewy
AG
This thread is why I TexAgs.
swimmerbabe11
Cheapest I found was 68 for blood and 57 for urine
https://www.health-tests-direct.com/what-tests-are-available/
94chem
Google "dartmouth chemistry professor."

Dimethyl mercury was a common organometallic reagent for many years. It is available for sale today, but most vendors won't have it. Aldrich no longer carries it.
swimmerbabe11
schmendeler said:

am I the only one wondering why is has to be for free? I think this is something I would find the money to get established.

Likely, this is someone very close to this person and they would notice someone spending over $100 on testing for poisoning .
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
Maybe OP can loan their friend $68 if this is a life and death situation.
lexofer
AG
Not sure of the circumstances here but when I got my yearly physical I asked to also be tested for lead when they drew blood. It was covered by my insurance as preventative medicine. Could try to schedule a physical and ask to also test for mercury.
reb,
AG
wessimo said:

Maybe OP can loan their friend $68 if this is a life and death situation.
maybe some people are proud and won't accept help like that, but thanks for the snark.

So i owe a story. I was supposed to meet my friend last night but she ended up going home because she wasn't feeling well. I asked her what was going on and she told me that she was just coming to grips with the fact that her children's father had been poisoning her and her daughter with a bottle of mercury she found. I told her she needed to get bloodwork immediately! Then I didn't hear back from her.

My friend has not fantastic financial circumstances (Body By Fisher is correct), so I started googling and flipping out because I thought that meant she had JUST decided to take action on this and I wanted to help and I came to the Houston board to find resources. I just talked with her this morning and what happened is that she had just sent off her saliva test that poison control had given her so thats why the reality of it is kind of setting in.

The man that did this is currently sitting in jail, awaiting trial for the strangulation murder of my friends mother (i had already known this much). I don't have words for this situation. I don't really plan on updating this thread except maybe when the trial is done. She is hoping this will add charges to it that will prevent the possibility of parole.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie991
So after he killed someone she was still with him long enough to poison her ?
randy828
AG
NM
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, I wouldn't answer any more questions here.

Poison control or free clinic testing are probably the best ideas.
Al Bula
AG
The real tragedy here is that in 2019 people google and texags for solutions instead of actually doing something about it. In any event hope she turns out ok.
htxag09
AG
Aggie991 said:

So after he killed someone her mom, she was still with him long enough to poison her ?
FIFY, if i'm reading that correctly
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Yeah, still saying the poisoning didn't happen as described.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
A dude that strangles someone to death does not have the Forethought or patience to pull something like this off.
reb,
AG
Shife said:

The real tragedy here is that in 2019 people google and texags for solutions instead of actually doing something about it. In any event hope she turns out ok.

ok boomer
reb,
AG
htxag09 said:

Aggie991 said:

So after he killed someone her mom, she was still with him long enough to poison her ?
FIFY, if i'm reading that correctly

no the poisoning she thinks had been going on up through that point so the murder of her mother I guess prevented him from finishing the murder of her
reb,
AG
thanks to those that tried. it's a nightmare situation.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Perhaps a lawyer on this board can volunteer to get the guy awaiting trial's name changed to Jeffrey Epstein so he can commit suicide.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.