Houston
Sponsored by

HISD being taken over by the State

3,543 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dragmagpuff
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://abc13.com/education/hisds-takeover-by-texas-education-brass-official/5676921/

Quote:

In a letter sent Wednesday from the TEA to Houston ISD interim superintendent Dr. Grenita Lathan and board president Diana Davila, the state informed district leaders it would appoint a board of managers and a superintendent.

It also downgraded the district's accreditation.

This means HISD's elected school board will not have any voting power.

The move comes after years of what the state considers dysfunction and a failure to properly educate all children.

All those administrators, teachers and counselors that get paid to play candy crush be scatterin like cucarachas. State finna whoop some ass.
bigjag19
AG
I hear a story may be dropping soon that the Astros cheated. Supposedly a former player is talking.

What do you know?
MAROON
AG
Heard the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor the same day we landed on the Moon
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Al Bula
AG
OMFG TRUMP WAS ELECTED?!
Ciboag96
****. Guess no mercy for a guy surfacing after a week long bender.
aTm2004
AG
Did you hear a fat intern shined Clinton's knob in the Oval Office?
03_Aggie
Ciboag96 said:

****. Guess no mercy for a guy surfacing after a week long bender.

A week? No. Maybe if it was a year long bender.
Ag_07
AG
Zemira
AG
So to add on to the madness, the teachers are suing the TEA because they say the takeover is unconstitutional.

https://abc13.com/education/hisd-teachers-file-lawsuit-to-stop-takeover-of-school-board/5707655/
aTm2004
AG
Sounds like some teachers are scared their incompetence is about to be brought to light.
bigjag19
AG
Cush 60k a year jobs with no real performance worries. Yeah. They concerned.

I said it previously I'll say it again.

The open enrollment policies and magnet schools galore led to this. HISD has 3 of the best high schools in the state. Several others that are exceptional. All of the good students leave their ****hole campuses and go to these schools. The kids left behind are there because they have to be and have no real desire to succeed in school. Thus these schools massively underperform.
FarmerJohn
AG
Then that is kind of Catch 22 with the magnet schools. Open magnet schools and a lot of good kids flee to them. Don't open them and you create even more of a market for private schools and then you no state attendance based funding . Not all private schools carry the cost of the elite ones.
BBRex
AG
A state judge is blocking the TEA takeover until a lawsuit brought by the district on behalf of the trustees is decided.
Al Bula
AG
Actually not shocking... a Demtard judge from Travis County ruled on this.
TarponChaser
bigjag19 said:

The open enrollment policies and magnet schools galore led to this. HISD has 3 of the best high schools in the state. Several others that are exceptional. All of the good students leave their ****hole campuses and go to these schools. The kids left behind are there because they have to be and have no real desire to succeed in school. Thus these schools massively underperform.

Which 3 high schools are among the best in the state. Serious question because I'm honestly curious.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Debakey, carnigee vanguard, early college hs and hspva
dragmagpuff
AG
TarponChaser said:

bigjag19 said:

Which 3 high schools are among the best in the state. Serious question because I'm honestly curious.
DeBakey, Carnegie Vanguard, Eastwood Academy, and Challenge Early College are all top 10 public schools in the state according to US News and World Report. DeBakey and Carnegie Vanguard are both top 25 in the United States according to the same rankings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.