Houston
Sponsored by

Dewberrys, where to buy?

3,376 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie Rick
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know where I can get some instead of driving to Hempstead? Love these things
Astrobo
AG
This time a year....try South America.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Freezer section
ptothemo
AG
The dewberries taste like dewberries!
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Astrobo said:

This time a year....try South America.
I know I cant get any this time of year. My question was more general like when they are in season, where?
Texaggie7nine
Play Heron Lakes and pick them off the back 9.
7nine
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
Not too sure about dewberries this time of year, but I can point you in the direction of some succulent dingleberries if you'd like.
Texaggie7nine
NorthHollywoodHenry said:

Not too sure about dewberries this time of year, but I can point you in the direction of some succulent dingleberries if you'd like.
Not at my house. We use Bio Bidets.
7nine
drumboy
AG
Had to google image search 'dewberry'. I thought we called them blackberries down here in God's country.
BohunkAg
AG
drumboy said:

Had to google image search 'dewberry'. I thought we called them blackberries down here in God's country.
Different fruits.
schmellba99
AG
drumboy said:

You haven't been in God's country that long if you think they are the same thing
drumboy
AG
schmellba99 said:

drumboy said:

You haven't been in God's country that long if you think they are the same thing
I don't think dewberries grow in the bushes where I've lived. I've only seen blackberries.

I have wasted a day of my life and $100 at Dewberry Farms and I'm not doing that **** again.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
drumboy said:

schmellba99 said:

drumboy said:

I don't think dewberries grow in the bushes where I've lived. I've only seen blackberries.

I have wasted a day of my life and $100 at Dewberry Farms and I'm not doing that **** again.
why? Have always wanted to do that. Not worth it?
drumboy
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

drumboy said:

schmellba99 said:

drumboy said:

why? Have always wanted to do that. Not worth it?
Way the F out in the middle of nowhere and overpriced but better than Frobergs in Manvel. Maybe I'm just salty cause my wife guilted me into and I'd have rather watched college football but I'm sure the kids enjoyed it.

Blessington's was about the same as Dewberry.
agz win
AG
chico
AG
head on hwy290 and/or hwy6, on the other side of Hempstead. Best time is around Memorial Day. Look for the old pickup trucks on the side of the road with no signs and maybe somebody sitting out in a lawn chair. They'll have coffee cans full of dewberries on the hood of the truck for sale.
I've also seen people picking their own in the arboretum and along the RR tracks in Memorial Park in May.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
We pick them by the bucket full out here along our fence lines
213 Grove
AG
Where you at? I have a half gallon bag of frozen ones I'll give you from this past April
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
213 Grove said:

Where you at? I have a half gallon bag of frozen ones I'll give you from this past April

Right off TC Jester and 10
84AGEC
AG
Use to pick them off of Jones road
MouthBQ98
AG
I have a whole gallon bag of them frozen from this spring, if you are desperate.
BullSprig07
AG
I walk along the banks of white oak bayou in the spring and pick them with my son. I especially like it after a recent flood when the stench of sewage is still wafting from off of the dewberry thornbushes. I justify his consumption as being good for his immune system. Good luck in your search.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Username checks out.
BBRex
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

I walk along the banks of white oak bayou in the spring and pick them with my son. I especially like it after a recent flood when the stench of sewage is still wafting from off of the dewberry thornbushes. I justify his consumption as being good for his immune system. Good luck in your search.

I think those are called dooberries.
Courtesy Flush
AG
schmellba99 said:

drumboy said:

I hear ya and I know there is a difference, but several years ago when I was wanting to plant some dewberries vines, all I could find to purchase was blackberry vines. While there is a difference, I believe that a lot of people have blackberries but call them dewberries.
agz win
AG
I bought some online.
94chem
schmellba99 said:

drumboy said:

They look like blackberries, taste like blackberries, and were derived from blackberries. Both have dozens of subspecies. The internet is awash of confusing, conflicting info. Maybe you possess superior berry identification skills.

Either way, if this is God's country, why does he let the devil run it from May - mid-October?
swimmerbabe11
Depending on your religion..
Either cause a chick picked her own apple
or
a goddess picked her own pomegranates.

Either way, wimmen be eatin
Texaggie7nine
I thought dewberries were not near as sweet as blackberries.
7nine
Aggie Rick
AG
Praseks in Hillje
@Aggie_Rick
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.