Houston
Sponsored by

Stealing signs

4,096 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fire09
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.businessinsider.com/houston-astros-stole-signs-mike-fiers-report-2019-11?utm_content=buffer18570&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Astros should follow the Patriots' lead by yawning and saying, Zero F***s Given.
K Bo
AG

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
As much as I like him, we need to look at Geoff Blum. Dude did it in the 2005 WS against us, and these rumors started around the time he came back to the organization. Obviously he cannot do it while he is in the booth, but he can teach the culture and skills needed before the games. I enjoy the guy on the broadcast and he seems like a great guy, but I would put him on my list of suspects.
drumboy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

As much as I like him, we need to look at Geoff Blum. Dude did it in the 2005 WS against us, and these rumors started around the time he came back to the organization. Obviously he cannot do it while he is in the booth, but he can teach the culture and skills needed before the games. I enjoy the guy on the broadcast and he seems like a great guy, but I would put him on my list of suspects.
If he can more effectively help us steal signs then I'm all for bringing him on board as an advisory or consultant role.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
You know youre good when the media starts trying to take you down.

(Insert Springer efing Csucker gif)
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

The Astros should follow the Patriots' lead by yawning and saying, Zero F***s Given.
Martin Q. Blank
High definition camera and ipads to steal the sign. Bang on trash can to relay message to the batter.

Use wireless earbuds or something.
bigjag19
AG
There's was a series of 90s era (blue/gold) commercials. One had Larry Dierker discuss stealing signs. He was holding up the posters he had taken at other parks.

We need to make this again.
Serotonin
AG
Very brave of Fiers to leverage his Astros tenure into a WS ring, a much higher salary (avg of $389k before Astros to $6M after) then call out the organization.
Al Bula
AG
This has got the Arlington tards good and worked up on the MLB. I applaud Mike Fiers for trolling those simpletons. So easy to bait low IQ individuals.
Chewy
AG
I think someone needs to ask Hank Conger for an updated quote with this most recent revelation.
Quad Dog
AG
Is this one of those things were everyone was doing it, and we just did it the best and got caught?
Mr.Ackar07
Gator03 said:

Very brave of Fiers to leverage his Astros tenure into a WS ring, a much higher salary (avg of $389k before Astros to $6M after) then call out the organization.
Part of that has to do with becoming a free agent after he joined the Astros instead of under team control when he was traded to the Astros.
Serotonin
AG
Good point, I didn't realize he actually had a negative WAR in 2017.
LeftyAg89
AG
Yeah that's something you leave in the clubhouse.

Pretty crappy of him.
LeftyAg89
AG
Back in the day, I was the designated sign stealer for my son's select team for 10U - 14U

It was pretty challenging, couldn't figure out a few teams and just gave up.
aTm2004
AG
Chewy said:

I think someone needs to ask Hank Conger for an updated quote with this most recent revelation.

Wearer of the Ring
AG
We used to have a "No Dumping" sign over our bathroom door in the dorm.
Liquid Wrench
Quad Dog said:

Is this one of those things were everyone was doing it, and we just did it the best and got caught?
Starting to sound like it might have been a case of our guys being more blatant about it. Like talking to each other coming off the plate instead of in the dugout with gloves in front of their mouths, giving aholes like A Rod something to talk about and set off the narrative.
Betoisafurry
Meh, I'll need more than one video to assuage me. Plus didn't we suck at home in 2017? Cameras have been illegal starting this year, mlb does random audits. The New York media and asshurt ex Astros players and writers can suck one.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Wearer of the Ring said:

We used to have a "No Dumping" sign over our bathroom door in the dorm.
where did you want people to dump? The bedroom? On your futon?
aTm2004
AG
WW for language

Betoisafurry
The sanctimonious attitude from known rule bender mike fiers is also laugh out loud funny.

And yes I know everyone uses pine tar, everybody tries to get away with **** till they get their d slapped.

Satellite of Love
So how do they inform the batter when it is crazy loud in there? Also, is their live feed specifically to the dugout's CCTV? When at bat, are they implying that the Astros aren't focused on the pitches but trying to hear a noise from the dugout? There's a split second decision to be made whether to swing or not so all effort is listening for some bangs, right?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Boo Weekley
https://instagr.am/p/B420GCJhj28

https://instagr.am/p/B42OGephFrP
HtownAg92
AG
Satellite of Love said:

So how do they inform the batter when it is crazy loud in there? Also, is their live feed specifically to the dugout's CCTV? When at bat, are they implying that the Astros aren't focused on the pitches but trying to hear a noise from the dugout? There's a split second decision to be made whether to swing or not so all effort is listening for some bangs, right?
They are focusing on the pitch, but taking away one variable is a huge edge. You usually have less than a second to determine if fastball, breaking ball, which way it is breaking, inside, outside, high, low, etc. If you can delete a pitcher's out pitch (changeup, breaking ball) from the equation and know that you've got fastball, all you have left is to determine if hittable pitch and get the bat there.
drumboy
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Satellite of Love said:

They are focusing on the pitch, but taking away one variable is a huge edge. You usually have less than a second to determine if fastball, breaking ball, which way it is breaking, inside, outside, high, low, etc. If you can delete a pitcher's out pitch (changeup, breaking ball) from the equation and know that you've got fastball, all you have left is to determine if hittable pitch and get the bat there.
Doesn't matter, Gattis still couldn't hit that *****
Jock 07
AG
The amount of butthurt & consternation this is causing is quite enjoyable
BBRex
AG
Boo Weekle said:

https://instagr.am/p/B42OGephFrP
That means fastball, right?
AGHouston11
AG
What is laughable to me is if you supposedly know they are stealing signs then use it to your advantage by tricking them.

How hard is it to change up your calls?
fire09
AG
To the rest of the MLB, get better signs and STFU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.