Houston
Sponsored by

Private bus services

1,206 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ccolley68
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see several private bus services driving around picking up kids in Houston lately. Does HISD not run their own busses any more?
jakelew04
AG
What part of town are you seeing this? My kids' school is still being rebuilt after Harvey and we are in our third year at a temporary campus a few miles away.

HISD uses private busses to pick up kids at a single location in the neighborhood and take them to school. Single drop off at the same spot after school.

I think they use the private busses because there just weren't enough HISD busses for the new temporary route. The private busses suck by the way. Different drivers all the time that have no idea where the hell they are going.

Luckily we can get our kids to and from school without having to use the bus.
WES2006AG
AG
At least for HISD athletics this has been the case for a while. It has always amazed me because that seems like the most expensive way to do that. Any day of the week they are playing sports they have hundreds of buses contracted to move the teams around Houston.
Zobel
AG
59 corridor around Hillcroft. But it's not Goodman, or anything that looks remotely legit. It's like hand painted Rodrigos Bus Service type thing, it looks sketchy as hell.
nonameag99
HISD privatized a portion of their bus fleet several years ago.

I think Alief and Aldine did as well.
ccolley68
AG
We are in the burbs, but there are a ton of private buses that shuttle the kids from early morning day care to school and then back for after school day care for families with two working parents.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.