Houston
Sponsored by

Giant tank (not Tonys)

2,013 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else seen the gigantic tank they are constructing at Barbours cut? I don't know which facility it is at as I only see it driving 146 near the Fred Hartman. Google maps says maybe Enterprise. Anyway, that thing is massive and has to be the biggest tank I have ever seen, and I have been in a bunch of petrochem facilities along the gulf coast. Anyone got any insider info? I am going to try to attach a grainy drive by photo.

Bonus photos- pink smoke from Clean Harbours on Independence parkway on Wednesday.
https://imgur.com/gallery/iY4zNrh

Texaggie7nine
7nine
RynoAg
AG
Yep, Enterprise expansion.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What are they using it for? Not sure why natural gas would need a tank like that. Condensate or some waste?
The Milkman
AG
I have no idea what we're looking at
Ag_07
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

What are they using it for?

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ag_07 said:

What are they using it for?

probably for more than the $47 falling in that gif.
Texaggie7nine

7nine
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Eh, I was driving south at 1700 and the pink smoke was on my right. Whaddya gonna do.
aTm2004
AG
The Milkman said:

I have no idea what we're looking at
Apparently, something that's as typical in Pasadena as crime and fart smells.
aTm2004
AG

Eh, I was driving south at 1700 and the pink smoke was on my right. Whaddya gonna do.
Tell them congratulations on the baby girl.
schmellba99
AG
Looks like possibley an LNG storage cryo tank?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
For the record, I found out today that the giant Enterprise tank is for the export of ethane. Evidently they are stripping enough ethane out of the natural gas to meet all the US demands, as well as some of the demands abroad. I think most of the ethane will be going to India.

I know my picture did not do it justice, but if you are driving west on the fred Hartman take a look to the south. This thing towers above everything else in the area.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG

For the record, I found out today that the giant Enterprise tank is for the export of ethane. Evidently they are stripping enough ethane out of the natural gas to meet all the US demands, as well as some of the demands abroad. I think most of the ethane will be going to India.

I know my picture did not do it justice, but if you are driving west on the fred Hartman take a look to the south. This thing towers above everything else in the area.
Just now saw this post, EP is building a big ass expansion in Mont Belvieu for Ethane and the exporting it from Morgan's Point. Here is an old article on it. S&B is building both I believe.

Quote:

Houston pipeline operator Enterprise Products Partners is moving forward with plans to expand a pipeline to move ethane from the natural gas fields of Appalachia to the company's processing plants and storage terminals in southeast Texas.

In a statement released on Monday morning, Enterprise confirmed that it will proceed with the expansion of its Appalachia-to-Texas pipeline. Known as ATEX, the 1,200-mile pipeline moves ethane from the Marcellus Shale and Utica Basin of Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio to Enterprise's natural gas liquids storage complex just east of Houston in Mont Belvieu.

Quote:

ATEX can currently move 145,000 barrels of ethane per day but the expansion project will boost that to 190,000 barrels per day. The extra capacity is expected to be achieved through improvements and modifications to existing infrastructure. If successful, the extra capacity will be available by 2022.

Ethane is experiencing high global demand by petrochemical plants to make plastics. Enterprise already handles an estimated 80 percent of U.S. ethane exports. The company is building an export terminal at Morgan's Point to begin exports of ethylene, a chemical made from ethane that is also used to make plastics and other products.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.