Houston
Sponsored by

Spoetzl Brewery and Karbach/A-B InBev Throwing Punches!

10,310 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All of them?
Diggity
AG
The Light Circus and Hop Tongue IPA's are both good
Texaggie7nine
aggie_sprt said:

Somewhat of a segway. Shiner Bock is my typical go to Bock, but been invited to a company Christmas party at Karbach. Sounds like I will be disappointed with their bock, but any suggestions on what to have/try while there?
If you are on the 2nd floor party room, then you will probably limited to a few mainstays and maybe 1 seasonal if you are lucky.

Go down to the bar before or after and try some of their temporary batches that tickle your fancy.
7nine
CheersforBeers
I don't know if this will getting taking down by the Mod's again but I wanted to respond so you didn't think I was a fraud lol.

YTD through the end of October in Texas.

Shiner: 2.5 Million Cases
Karbach: 900 Thousand Cases

Sorry for not getting back sooner its a little hectic around the holidays.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Where do you get those numbers from?
Chewy
AG
Are those numbers for both retail and bars? I assume that's all of Shiner and Karbach which says Karbach is about a third of Shiner.

This original debate was comparing Shiner Bock to Crawford and Ziegenbock. I'm guessing Shiner Bock is 60-75 percent of those total Shiner numbers and Crawford is 10 percent of the Karbach numbers.

If that's the case then Shiner Bock still dominates Crawford and Zieg in Texas.

Do appreciate the numbers as it's always interesting to see real data if it's accurate.
CheersforBeers
Presentation from KB.
IrishTxAggie
AG
CheersforBeers said:

Presentation from KB.

Ha!! Seems legit. You mean presentation from AB InBev...
CheersforBeers
I don't think you understand when I said previously they are still there own brewery. It was a Karbach presentation for 2020 not an ABI presentation.
CheersforBeers
I would estimate that Crawford is a larger portion than 10% of the total Karbach numbers. Back to my original point of Karbach wanting to be larger than shiner, is very practical if they are already around 1/3 of the size within a 10 year time frame.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Karbach is ABI. There is no separating of the two.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.