Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Cop Asks To Get Slapped, Returns Slap And Arrests Guy

3,975 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jack Cheese
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am having a hard time explaining this so sorry for the wonky title.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Deputy-indicted-on-assault-charge-after-14572392.php

Quote:

After a Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy invited a man to slap him in the face, the lawman returned the slap with enough force to knock the older man to the ground, prosecutors said.

Now that deputy, Ellison Collins, faces a charge of assault in the September 2018 incident. A Harris County grand jury indicted the deputy on Tuesday, the district attorney's office said.

Cop asks the guy to slap him. Guy asks if he will get arrested. Cop says no. Guy slaps him with very little power not even a love tap. Cop slaps him to the ground and arrests him.

Now we didn't see what happened to start their conversation, but this cop looks like he shouldn't be a cop.

Imgur link of the incident if you just want the short version.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TxJAFSa
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I wonder if this the same Ellison Collins who played
for A&M back in the day.
randy828
AG
Could you imagine the media if the colors were reversed??
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Madman
AG
randy828 said:

Could you imagine the media if the colors were reversed??
We would immediately know what QX and the Congress WOM-an had to say.
03_Aggie
Looks like the other cop puts his hands on his head like "wtf, the **** we're going to have to deal with for this."
Jack Cheese
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

I wonder if this the same Ellison Collins who played
for A&M back in the day.

Dang, that's a good catch... Looks like he might be. Never played much on the football team. LinkedIn shows someone with this name working for HCSO and lists Texas A&M as his school.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I used to follow recruiting pretty hard before I lost my taste for Kool Aid.
LeftyAg89
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/230190
mm98
AG
I remember him being a very tallguy

This is a terrible look. Looks guilty to me.
RK
AG
if you offer a free pass for someone to slap you...you can't retaliate as though they are the instigator. i'm not sure mr collins undstands how that all works.
Duck Blind
AG
Idiot.
Jack Cheese
AG
RK said:

if you offer a free pass for someone to slap you...you can't retaliate as though they are the instigator. i'm not sure mr collins undstands how that all works.

Not sure it's a case of not understanding what is permissible... He just seems like a burned out angry cop who shouldn't be in the profession anymore. Pretty common unfortunately.
Jack Cheese
AG
03_Aggie said:

Looks like the other cop puts his hands on his head like "wtf, the **** we're going to have to deal with for this."

I think he was just reaching for his sunglasses. Probably wasn't anticipating that some white knight cop would actually leave his bodycam running during an altercation. How much of this crap goes unreported?
[/cynical]
Madman
AG
If you watch the video. The homeless looking guy doesn't even really swing. Its an awkward little tap at best.
tmaggies
AG
Jack Cheese said:

RK said:

Not sure it's a case of not understanding what is permissible... He just seems like a burned out angry cop who shouldn't be in the profession anymore. Pretty common unfortunately.

Hey Jack I don't agree what this officer did at all but to assume that officers as a majority are burned out and angry is absurd. Unfortunately society doesn't like to be told what to do anymore by anyone. Officers are retiring or not going into the profession because of the negative comments such as yours. Several are losing their lives because their own departments play political correctness. They are damned if they do or damned if they don't. Meanwhile a larger segment of society refuses authority. Ask the teachers that are trying to educate our children about discipline. We are in for a rude awakening! First thing we can do is support our officers and stop with the negative remarks. If an officer is wrong deal with that but don't lump the majority in that category. Their job is to protect you and enforce the laws of the land and just because you received at ticket shouldn't make you a hater!
rancher1953
It is part of the police culture to treat people as subjects not citizens. I guess you have not read of the recent execution of a disable navy veteran and his wife by a hit squad of the Houston Police Dept.
elfurioso92
AG
I understand that cops have a hard job that gets less and less respect from the public, but this looks like the kind of confrontation that would happen on the playground between a couple of 12 year olds.
Jack Cheese
AG
tmaggies said:

Jack Cheese said:

RK said:

Hey Jack I don't agree what this officer did at all but to assume that officers as a majority are burned out and angry is absurd. Unfortunately society doesn't like to be told what to do anymore by anyone. Officers are retiring or not going into the profession because of the negative comments such as yours. Several are losing their lives because their own departments play political correctness. They are damned if they do or damned if they don't. Meanwhile a larger segment of society refuses authority. Ask the teachers that are trying to educate our children about discipline. We are in for a rude awakening! First thing we can do is support our officers and stop with the negative remarks. If an officer is wrong deal with that but don't lump the majority in that category. Their job is to protect you and enforce the laws of the land and just because you received at ticket shouldn't make you a hater!

Where did my post say "majority"? You interpret what I wrote in the most extreme light, then make a red-faced angry response. Hmmm where do people get the idea that cops these days tend to have a persecution complex?
ccolley68
AG
tmaggies said:

Jack Cheese said:

RK said:

I totally agree with your sentiment on the profession and the societal impacts. This is why we always teach our kids to be respectful to LEO's, to be polite and say hello. I don't want my kids to ever think they are the enemy, after all, cops are just people too.

In Jack's defense, he didn't say the majority are burned out, just that it's common. If the HPD has 10,000 officers (no idea if that's close to right but seems feasible) and 100 are burned out and angry, that's certainly not a majority, but common enough to have an issue like this.

There are the same proportions of people in all lines of work that are just burned out of the job. Salespeople or restaurant workers that lash out at a customer for something minute. Architects and engineers that just mail it in. Cops just have a much higher likelihood of something turning physical, and because of the increased scrutiny of the profession, basically a 100% chance it winds up on video and shown nationwide. But those cops should be removed from their job just like the angry salesperson should be.
drumboy
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
Not very bright.

Still, law enforcement wants our trust and cooperation, and yet often they will deceive us to gather evidence or extract information or bait us into an unlawful act and that often doesn't get much attention, or is even normal practice.

Do they want us to trust them or suspect them?
NCNJ1217
AG
tmaggies said:

Jack Cheese said:

RK said:

I too wanted to pile on you for your lack of vocabulary proficiency. Something being common does not necessarily equal a majority.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Unfortunately society doesn't like to be told what to do anymore by anyone.
When did society like being told what to do by anyone?
Jack Cheese
AG
Body By Fisher said:

Quote:

Unfortunately society doesn't like to be told what to do anymore by anyone.
When did society like being told what to do by anyone?

The good old days when Andy Griffith ran Mayberry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.