Houston
Sponsored by

Ship Channel Closed

9,033 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTm2004
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to go kick everyone of the greenpeace dudes and chicks in their vaginas for having to deal with tier 4 engines.
White Liberals=The Worst
Cstrickland05 said:

Cromagnum said:

Would have been so much easier to bring a knife and cut the tops of the lines real quick. Scoop them up with a boat patrol.

Except they would all probably die

Play stupid selfish dangerous games...
Ciboag96
By the looks of their mugshots, several were excited to be locked in the pokey with others that are gay for the stay.
NASAg03
Protests oil on a highly trafficked bridge.
Causes traffic jam wasting oil.
Mission accomplished?
NASAg03
Even the fish would protest by not eating their dead bodies
NASAg03
Mission accomplished?
Chewy
AG
I just thought of the perfect solution a little too late. Whoever should have invoked SafeClear as the solution. Tow truck drivers versus Greenpeace protestors would have been epic.

Tow truck drivers would have had them winched up in 30 minutes. They might have been a little bruised and bloody but nothing that time wouldn't be able to fully heal.
BigPuma
AG
NASAg03 said:

Mission accomplished?
become felons under new Texas law.....I think you forgot that one.
Zemira
AG
BigPuma said:

NASAg03 said:

Mission accomplished?
become felons under new Texas law.....I think you forgot that one.
I wonder if they knew the law changed September 1?
FHKChE07
AG
Well they are being charged with federal felonies of obstructing a waterway.
YellAg2004
AG
FHKChE07 said:

Well they are being charged with federal felonies of obstructing a waterway.
Does this mean Ogg can't ignore this for a few weeks and then drop all charges? Will it be handled by a federal prosecutor?
TXAGFAN
AG
blindey said:

GrayMatter said:

I don't know what's more entertaining: seeing the protesters go through this or seeing everyone's panties get in a wad over this.
The ship channel is the engine that drives Houston's economy. These donut punchers have shut it down to bring attention to a nonsense political cause. Which, by the way, shutting down the ship channel forces vessels on the water that are burning bunker fuel, probably the dirtiest fuel in existence today, to return to anchorage, hold at the ship channel sea buoy burning more fuel, and costing every stakeholder in the shipping business serious time and money.

These idiots decided that their stupid pet political stunt is more important than the livelihood of millions of people. And, as a collateral bonus, by shutting down the ship channel, they're causing shipping traffic to pollute more than they would otherwise.

**** 'em. Hopefully some workboats will turn their water cannons on the protestors and hit them until they just fall to their deaths and wash ashore in ships' wakes.
Donut punchers? Really?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
From an old South Park episode where cartman goes to juvenile hall.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
WTF?

BAYTOWN, Texas (KTRK) -- The Greenpeace protesters who rappelled off the Fred Hartman bridge, closing part of the Houston ship channel earlier this week, walked out of federal court Saturday morning after a judge granted a Personal Recognizance bond to all the defendants.

According to Greenpeace, four of the 26 protesters were released on PR bond early Saturday morning, facing a state felony under Texas's critical infrastructure law. The remaining 22 faced a federal magistrate Saturday morning and were then released on PR bond as well.
aTm2004
AG
Hopefully they got their annual bath before they were bonded.
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm hearing they may have another one planned for Friday morning
Jackal99
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Is that for Trump's visit? I'd love to see command a barge to take him out there, and then hit golf balls at them.
aTm2004
AG
suburban cowboy said:

It's supposed to be raining. Maybe we can get some real cops out there this time to lower them a bar of soap and some shampoo.
aTm2004
AG
Jackal99 said:

suburban cowboy said:

Is that for Trump's visit? I'd love to see command a barge to take him out there, and then hit golf balls at them.
With some American Badass blasting in the background!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.