Houston
Sponsored by

West U best place to live in the country

8,029 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Serotonin
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
according to this report
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
West U hasn't been country in like 70 years. Nice try.
Martin Q. Blank
They described West U as a "suburb" and University Park in Dallas as a "college town."
chimpanzee
Quote:

Some of the best cities include places just outside of just outside of Chicago, Los Angeles, and Houston.

Or in this case, surrounded by surrounded by.

It goes to show you that if you take access to everything great about a big American city, but separate it from big city governance, you can have a pretty nice place.

Now keep your ugly f-ing gold-bricking ass out of my publicly traded money community

Diggity
AG

Quote:

In the affordability category, the ratio of the median home value to the median income was given full weight.
People who live in West U can afford to live in West U, so it must be affordable!
chimpanzee
Diggity said:

Quote:

In the affordability category, the ratio of the median home value to the median income was given full weight.
People who live in West U can afford to live in West U, so it must be affordable!

I think you have to flunk out of economics, philosophy, and at least one hard science to get a job writing at USA Today. It's not that easy to do.
Mr_mo8268
AG
I like West U enough. My wife teaches in the area. If I ever have the cash to live in the nice Houston school districts that are closer in I think I would consider it.

I would be all over it if I worked in Greenway or Med Center, but do not.
Diggity
AG
It's a great neighborhood with a great elementary, but most people there are not going to send their kids to Pershing or Lamar.

It would piss me off the spend all that money to live there and still have to do private school. Guess I'm just a poor.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Agreed. Already been told that would be the plan if we moved there.
abacavir
What about the crazed council woman yelling at Trump supporters and the crazy lady yelling at people taking pictures doesn't seem safe to me.?
RK
AG
The chocolate chip cookies from Tinys M&C are reason alone for it to be #1.
bigjag19
AG
Diggity said:

It's a great neighborhood with a great elementary, but most people there are not going to send their kids to Pershing or Lamar.

It would piss me off the spend all that money to live there and still have to do private school. Guess I'm just a poor.

That's what Highland Park did right.
chimpanzee
abacavir said:

What about the crazed council woman yelling at Trump supporters and the crazy lady yelling at people taking pictures doesn't seem safe to me.?

I think you get that pretty much everywhere there's broadband internet available. Where there isn't, you have other pathologies.
Tom Hagen
AG
abacavir said:

That's the typical BSC liberal shrew that lives in West U.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
abacavir said:

What about the police force that shot an unarmed black kid in his own front yard?
Biz Ag
Diggity
AG
That was Bellaire I believe
Biz Ag
AG
abacavir said:

The crazed councilwoman who yelled at the kids outside of Tiny's is an Ag.

The incident with the crazy lady yelling at the picture takers took place in Boulevard Oaks.
Diggity
AG
Too late for a WUISD
abacavir
Biz Ag said:

abacavir said:

The incident with the crazy lady yelling at the picture takers took place in Boulevard Oaks.

She's an Aggie? Even worse
abacavir
Milwaukees Best Light said:

abacavir said:

What about the police force that shot an unarmed black kid in his own front yard?
meh not my problem
White Liberals=The Worst
abacavir said:

Biz Ag said:

abacavir said:

She's an Aggie? Even worse
#NotAnotherDime
MAS444
AG
Heard there were a lot of swingers in West U...
Liquid Wrench
Basically all of the EHS moms are up for grabs between 9AM and 2PM.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Doesn't "I'm Sandbox *****!" Live in West U?
I'M SANDBOX B****!!! I'M 250 MILLION DOLLARS!!
I Am A Critic
IrishTxAggie said:

Doesn't "I'm Sandbox *****!" Live in West U?
Rice Military
Username checks out.
barney94
AG
Williston, North Dakota is also on that list.

List invalidated.
Jock 07
AG
barney94 said:

Williston, North Dakota is also on that list.

List invalidated.
Hey they have a BWW now, totally legit.
NoahAg
Jock 07 said:

according to this report
Goodness, USA Today website gave me epilepsy.
FCBlitz
Somewhere in small print it says.......brought to you by the West University Chamber of Commerce.
Ciboag96
Best place to live

Also best place to get hit by a giant SUV driven by a yoga pants and visor wearing soccer mom drinking a soy half-caff and talking to her bestie
Mack Brown on a Mobile
AG
Actually, plenty of kids go to Pershing and Lamar as well as EHS, SJS, Strake, and St. THomas.
Diggity
AG
Well I did say "most" didn't I?

Middle schools are a huge weak spot in HISD and not many people are going to send their kids to the private for middle, then move them to public for high school.

Lamar has a nice IB program, but something about kids getting shot outside the school tends to worry parents.
Serotonin
AG
Diggity said:

Well I did say "most" didn't I?

Middle schools are a huge weak spot in HISD and not many people are going to send their kids to the private for middle, then move them to public for high school.

Lamar has a nice IB program, but something about kids getting shot outside the school tends to worry parents.

That's exactly right, West U is at a huge disadvantage not being zoned to Lanier like the neighborhoods east of Kirby around Rice.

Plus their elementary school is massively overcrowded so I'd guess something in the range of 1/3 to 1/2 of west u kids go private for elementary anyway.
MAROON
AG
aggiemike said:

Actually, plenty of kids go to Pershing and Lamar as well as EHS, SJS, Strake, and St. THomas.
I would say half the kids in West U go public and half go private.

Lots of friends have had kids go to Lamar. The education is not great but you can get admission to A&M and Texas pretty easily.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.