Houston
Sponsored by

We Border On the Magnificent

3,763 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BohunkAg
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.westchasedistrict.com/landing/commercial/

Something about this is odd to me.

-What is our pitch?

-Hmmm we have a district that kind of looks like we are flipping you the bird that contains workers or something.

-Brilliant. Make a web page immediately saying as much.

I do enjoy the district having about as much logic in size and shape as a crooked congressional district. SJL would approve.

Stat Monitor Repairman
It looks kind of like a symbol of imperialism to me.

I see a ship with a mast and flag flying off the back.

There is a deep deep cargo hold at the bottom of the ship where unspeakable horrors may have occurred.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
RIP Swamplot
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Madman
AG

The little tiny bumps circled in red are absolutely part of the district.

The little divots circled in green are absolutely not part of the district.

Some amount of Beltway 8 North of Westheimer is also include because of reasons. But a little more on the west side than on the east side of that outgrowth, also because reasons.
Madman
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

It looks kind of like a symbol of imperialism to me.

I see a ship with a mast and flag flying off the back.

There is a deep deep cargo hold at the bottom of the ship where unspeakable horrors may have occurred.
I could definitely see some guy driving around in a van planting flags with that logo on it, in places claimed by the great Westchase Empire.

Steps out, Couple dudes with trumpets sound off. Plants the flag, Unscrolls little speech. Reads aloud claiming this burger king now belongs to the West Chase Empire.

The real question is, who is the Ruler of West Chase and where is the palace?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Found the palace, not sure who is inside.

https://images.app.goo.gl/dfLYuo3aiVMPevf2A
Stat Monitor Repairman
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Found the palace, not sure who is inside.

https://images.app.goo.gl/dfLYuo3aiVMPevf2A
Diggity
AG
You missed their secondary tagline "The Downtown of West Houston"

Does that make City Centre the "Uptown of West Houston"? Where does the Energy Corridor fit?

I'm so confused.
MouthBQ98
AG
It looks vaguely like a production platform...
Madman
AG
Diggity said:

You missed their secondary tagline "The Downtown of West Houston"

Does that make City Centre the "Uptown of West Houston"? Where does the Energy Corridor fit?

I'm so confused.
West Chase is the new eastern part, of old Katy.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jim Murphy.
Ag_07
AG
Why are we so concerned about this?
Stat Monitor Repairman
What was Westchase area called before it was called Westchase?
Ag_07
AG

The Katy Prairie
ptothemo
AG

Depends on how far back you are talking. Go back far enough, and it was just "the country".
Stat Monitor Repairman
Alief

"down past west oaks mall"

"Over by China town"

25 years ago, I think that's how folks described the area now known as Westchase District.
Diggity
AG
None of those things
Dr. Doctor
AG

Alief

"down past west oaks mall"

"Over by China town"

25 years ago, I think that's how folks described the area now known as Westchase District.
Alief is correct; half of that area is Alief

Chinatown is correct as well; that's kind of the heart.

West Oaks Mall is incorrect. That is much more West. You are thinking West Wood Mall. What is now a tech center or something, I think. That's the mall that had a carousel and a video game store (on the 2nd level near the carousel) that allowed you to play (2 set-ups: one on either side of the store, in the front).

~egon
jc1402
AG
I manged the build out of their office. The guy who runs their office 100% thinks of himself like this.
Diggity
AG
Chinatown as we know that area today was just getting started 25 years ago. Nothing like it is now.

EaDo was more Chinatown than Bellaire back then.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

RIP Swamplot

http://houstoning.com/
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Liquid Wrench
Is that your site?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Nice site.

That house of the day for today though...I can't believe people are dropping $750k/$292sqft for no yard at that location.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Diggity said:

Chinatown as we know that area today was just getting started 25 years ago. Nothing like it is now.

truf.
chimpanzee
Diggity said:

I think the neighborhood at the time was known as "over by the new big Kim Son."
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Nice site.

That house of the day for today though...I can't believe people are dropping $750k/$292sqft for no yard at that location.

Thanks man. The goal on those listings of the day is to showcase everything special that's going on throughout the city, and Somerset Green is definitely unique. If anybody here would like to add their listing to the mix, I'm happy to pass it on for posting. Or if you've got a story that should be told, please send that too.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Is that your site?

I'm going to contribute sometimes. The whole team run by Aggies. Your username...do you work with social media/web, or just a funny handle?
one MEEN Ag
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Is that your site?

I'm going to contribute sometimes. The whole team run by Aggies. Your username...do you work with social media/web, or just a funny handle?

Do they take guest contributions? I've got a few onion-esque blurbs I could write about Houston.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Is that your site?

Do they take guest contributions? I've got a few onion-esque blurbs I could write about Houston.

If anybody wants to write something for it, hit me upthe goal is to have a variety of content, not just the daily news recaps, but that will come with time. If you've just got a story you'd like us to write about, or a leak or dirt you don't want your name tied to, that works too.

The Onion and Babylon Bee are some of my favorites, but let me think on adding satire to the mix.
94chem
As long as everybody there drives west to get home, call it whatever you want. And just be gone when I come down to get my dumplings.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Your username...do you work with social media/web, or just a funny handle?
Little of this, little of that. Picked the username after watching the Fyre Fest movie on Netflix.
BohunkAg
AG
St. Cyril Catholic Church is somewhere in there, no?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.