Houston
Sponsored by

Parking ticket

2,075 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texan_Aggie
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I got a parking ticket. Full disclosure I completely deserve it. Parked where I shouldn't have and was inside for about an hour and came out to a ticket. $70.

Is there any way to get out of it? Some magic phrase to contest it with? Go in person?
E
AG
It's a parking ticket, just pay it
Ag_07
AG
So you deserve it but wanna get out of it?

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.
shihitemuslim
AG
Gilligan law firm for $50 but you have to show up. Likely to get dismissed.
The Milkman
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yes that's right. I'd rather have the $70 than not if there is an easy trick to keep it.
E
AG
The Milkman said:

Ag_07 said:

Yes that's right. I'd rather have the $70 than not if there is an easy trick to keep it.

If there was an easy trick, everyone would be doing it

Pay it and move on
Martin Q. Blank
The trick is to ignore it. They won't do anything until you get 3 and then they'll boot your car.
The Wonderer
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

The trick is to ignore it. They won't do anything until you get 3 and then they'll boot your car.

They will send you to collections on just one. I've had more than one client have it happen.
Ag_07
AG
The trick is to...wait for it...Not park illegally!!!
camelclub
AG
I got one that I deserved a few weeks ago. Went to the parking ticket court downtown on saturday morning and saw a judge and she reduced it to $35 from $70
Ol_Ag_02
AG
You people care way too much about $70.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

that's what they used to do. Under the super corrupt Sly Turner administration, one of his cronies tows and impounds your car at owner's expense.

If you don't pay the ticket, towing, and impoundment fees within 30 days, another Turner crony has your car crushed into a compact cube.

If you don't pay the ticket, towing, impoundment, and crushing into a cube fees within another 30 days, another Turner crony throws your cube into buffalo bayou at owner's expense.

If you don't pay the ticket, towing, impoundment, crushing into a cube, and throwing into buffalo bayou fees within 30 days, Turner himself issues a mayoral proclamation that you are a racist.
The Wonderer
AG
blindey said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

that's what they used to do. Under the super corrupt Sly Turner administration, one of his cronies tows and impounds your car at owner's expense.

If you don't pay the ticket, towing, and impoundment fees within 30 days, another Turner crony has your car crushed into a compact cube.

If you don't pay the ticket, towing, impoundment, and crushing into a cube fees within another 30 days, another Turner crony throws your cube into buffalo bayou at owner's expense.

If you don't pay the ticket, towing, impoundment, crushing into a cube, and throwing into buffalo bayou fees within 30 days, Turner himself issues a mayoral proclamation that you are a racist.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Talmbout
agz win
AG
Question the amount. Mine was just $30 a few months ago and well worth the illegal park.
The Wonderer
AG
agz win said:

Question the amount. Mine was just $30 a few months ago and well worth the illegal park.

Different areas have different fine amounts.
drumboy
AG
It's a pain to fight them and the only time I tried I waited until after the protest period but a trip to the basement of the Lubbock courthouse got it taken care of.

I got a parking ticket (line on street & sign didn't line up and I was not over the line on the ground but barely past the no parking sign) in a truck I had just bought and I paid the ticket but the previous owner told me he was still getting letters for non-payment. After sending him the ticket payment confirmation he called and it turns out I was issued two tickets for the same infringement by separate meter maids. No help over the phone with the courthouse so I called a lawyer and she said she couldn't do much since the protest period had ended but she recommended I go to the courthouse to explain what happened. Line kinda sucked but it worked out.
Texan_Aggie
AG
The only thing that's a bigger waste of time than fighting a $70 parking ticket is for people to post for hours on Texags on how or how not to fight a parking ticket. Now I am an idiot for getting sucked in just like the rest of you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.