Houston
Sponsored by

AC not cooling

1,687 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gig me
Gig me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well it was inevitable unit is 18 plus years old, compressor isn't kicking in. Anyone know of s company that would come out on a Saturday?
Ragoo
AG
Where in town are you? I always have good luck with Chris at Breeze Control. In cypress NW Houston area. If the compressor is not even trying to come on it is probably just the capacitor.
terradactylexpress
What ragoo said, go poke the fan with a stick and see if it kicks on. If so capacitor is an easy fix if you can find somewhere to sell it to you. If not we use Nash mechanical and have been happy with them
Gig me
AG
Thanks guys, I flipped the breaker and turned the system off let it sit for 5 minutes and turned back on the condenser kicked back in. It's cooling now but will keep your refs for future reference.
Ragoo
AG
Gig me said:

Thanks guys, I flipped the breaker and turned the system off let it sit for 5 minutes and turned back on the condenser kicked back in. It's cooling now but will keep your refs for future reference.
the capacitors are mounted inside the condenser fan outside. They are probably getting hot and swelling. Might be why they weren't helping to boost the amps needed to start the compressor.
88agswin
AG
If it goes out again please feel free to call me. I own Enviromax Services. My mobile is 832-347-0807. Jim Wolf
Gig me
AG
Thank you Jim, I will.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.