Houston
Sponsored by

2-day getaway - w/ toddler in tow

1,763 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stringfellow Hawke
CalTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to find a hotel with a "cool" pool or indoor water park type of thing for a 2-3 year old to be able to run around in.... Parents need a 2-day getaway and want to take the toddler.

Within 3-4 hour drive from Houston.

Any good recommendations? We have Marriott points but don't want to limit it to just Marriott.

Thanks and... Gig 'em!
jja79
AG
JW Marriott Hill Country San Antonio.
TRIDENT
AG
Great Wolf in Grapevine is having a sale:
https://www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/deals/summer-countdown-sale
Aggie369
AG
A "get away" with a toddler......your doing it wrong
LostInLA07
AG
JW Marriott to use your points

Otherwise:

La Canterra

Hill Country Hyatt (ask for a top floor room facing sea world to watch fireworks from your room)

Hyatt Lost Pines
Liquid Wrench
Aggie369 said:

Better than taking the kid to a brewery.
CalTex
OK OK, replace "getaway" with "road trip"!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Give points and toddler to inlaws. Stay home and make another.
WorthAg95
AG
At that age, we preferred the Hyatt Hill Country. Their lazy river is all shaded, not like the JW Marriott which is mostly sunny. HHC is also a smaller place. Bring a toddler tube/float thingy.
LostInLA07
AG
Agree on the shade at HC Hyatt. It's the best option but if JW Marriott is free that's not a terrible choice.

There's also a Hyatt Residence club right next to the Hill country Hyatt that could be worth considering depending on what you're looking for (not full service but you don't need a suite to get multiple bedrooms). I believe you can access both pool areas regardless of where you stay but they have an indoor pool.
jja79
AG
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. Good pick.
drumboy
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Aggie369 said:

Better than taking the kid to a brewery.

I do both but usually stick to breweries with playgrounds and diaper changing setups in the (womens) bathroom.

JW Hill Country is great and Lost Pines is good for smaller kids like you have. Greatwolf isn't as nice but cool in the winter.
HtownAg92
AG
WorthAg95 said:

At that age, we preferred the Hyatt Hill Country. Their lazy river is all shaded, not like the JW Marriott which is mostly sunny. HHC is also a smaller place. Bring a toddler tube/float thingy.
I think this is the best choice too. Lot's of shade, not as sprawling as Lost Pines, and a nice beach area for little ones.

As opposed to the second floor suggestion, I would ask for a first floor with the deck that opens up to the inside. Being able to just walk out of your room directly to the playground, pool, outdoor movies, etc. is great. Also great to be able to let the kid play and sit on your deck with a cold one.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
My brothers kids did not like great wolf due to the chlorine that caused their eyes to sting. Also note that would not wear their goggles while swimming. So my brother and wife took turns sitting in hotel room while everyone else had fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.