Houston
Sponsored by

Katy / West Houston Media Room Contact

2,722 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hackberry
Post removed:
by user
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SWAV
Brent Harriman - Aggie and frequents Texags I believe. They've don't work for me commercially and are a first rate business.
Duck Blind
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

SWAV
Brent Harriman - Aggie and frequents Texags I believe. They've don't work for me commercially and are a first rate business.
I second that.... Brent and Alex have done 2 different houses for me. OUTSTANDING WORK AND SERVICE. I wouldn't use anyone else.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
So how would someone contact this company?
Duck Blind
AG
Just sent a message to you.
Hackberry
AG
Abita, I've heard nothing but good things about Brent with SWAV. He used to be (and may still be) a Texags sponsor. I'm one of the owners of Capitol Technology Group in Houston/Austin and we also design/install media rooms, whole home A/V, home automation, commercial A/V, etc. Please feel free to PM me (and/or visit us at TexasSmartFriend.com) if you'd like to weigh different options/ideas from multiple firms. Either way, you'll be in good hands.

Adam Besetzny
C/o '03
MrMiyAggie
AG
Ive been watching this thread as I am in a similar situation in a house I bought. I got the media room running, but the whole house audio is a mystery. A savant system was left, but I have no idea how to get it going.
CrackerJackAg
AG
Thanks for the shout out guys. I appreciate that.

I have reached out to the home owner and will do all I can to help.

Brent C Harriman
TRIAD Home and Security LLC
p: 888-511-SWAV
c: 281-361-2730
e:brent@traidhomeandsecurity.com

SoundWave Audio Video and Battalion Security are subsidiaries of TRIAD LLC.
htx97
AG
Brent is great. Highly recommend as well.

Hackberry
AG
We are a Savant dealer. Happy to help. Feel free to PM me with your number or call me.

Adam Besetzny
C/o '03
Capitol Technology Group
512-851-6474 cell
281-204-8300 Houston office

Edit** sorry, Brent, didn't mean to reply to your post but MrMiy's instead
rosco511
AG
I highly recommend Adam and Capitol Technology Group!
cgarcia23147
I'm late to this party, but wanted to throw Matt May out there. He's an Ag, lives in Katy, and is a great guy who does some amazing work.

https://www.kmrav.com/

Matt May
281-780-9383
Hackberry
AG
Agreed. I've met Matt and he's a good Ag who does good work and follows thru. I say that even though we compete for jobs from time to time. Plenty of work to go around in the hot market we are in. Lots of good options in the Houston area (and on this thread) for y'all to choose from. Big thumbs up from me on KMR. We both battle against ultra high priced firms who won't work with you if you have an existing receiver or TV because you have to buy everything from them and, on the flip side, "trunkslammers" promising the world at the lowest prices who can't deliver on their promises. They've both given our industry a bad name so happy to endorse legit competitors like Brent and Matt who do it the right way. My advice is to go with the company you feel most comfortable with that meets your functionality goals and budget range - and don't forget that their ability and willingness to support you and your system after install when problems arise (and they will) is critical. When you hire an integrator it should be a relationship that lasts a lifetime rather than slam, bam, thank you ma'am and never answering your calls again once they've been paid.

Adam Besetzny
Capitol Technology Group
Sazerac
AG
I'm about to move into a remodel that seems to have some centralized A/V drops.

One is for the whole-house speakers from Russound. I think I get how this works but may want some help to see how I can get it set-up with Alexa (Russound says to contact your dealer) and understand what else it could potentially do.

The other looks like it has a source point in the living room for all equipment to be in a cabinet, and then it has two drop options in the living room (HDMI + surround panel) and drops (HDMI + Coax) to two other spots in the house (which I will just use 1 of).
I'm not setting up surround sound through this, but would like someone to consult on best way to use the existing wiring for what I want to do.
BigPuma
AG
Do any of yall AV guys just do security camera installation?
AggieStan
Another thumbs up for Capitol and Adam!

Sb
Hackberry
AG
BigPuma & cclearman, we consult, design, install, program (including surveillance systems that are not automated). We do not work with Russound much anymore but happy to provide advice/direction. Feel free to PM me or reach out via phone or email. If you call the office, Katelyn will get you into the system.

**edit to clarify: we do surveillance systems that ARE automated as well but seemed like your question was in reference to a standalone camera system without automation

Adam Besetzny
C/o '03
Capitol Technology Group
512-851-6474 cell
281-204-8300 Houston office
AdamB@capitoltechnologygroup.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.