Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone Else Notice The Homeless Pick Up Drop Off Man?

6,047 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Coog97
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that the one that looks like a retired engineer/grandpa?

He might be on Shepherd
aggiedata
AG
No, i would say not an engineer.
Texaggie7nine
aggiedata said:

There is a guy at Washington and 1 10. Before I got off FB, the neighborhood group organized a way to get him into a program, a job, and housing. I thought to myself that's not going to work. But hey, go ahead and try.

After 2 weeks he was back. Wearing the shirt of the organization helping him and better shoes. They make more doing less standing there. He's pretty good at what he does. I see him every morning. It's prime territory. He had to re-establish his domination.
Was it the guy with the dog?
7nine
David_Puddy
AG
David_Puddy
AG
Diggity said:

Is that the one that looks like a retired engineer/grandpa?

He might be on Shepherd

That's the one I'm thinking of
MAS444
AG
All of these people have to give a cut to whatever boss runs the intersection. Otherwise they wouldn't be there.
aggiedata
AG
No, that's another one usually on the feeder road turning into Washington.

This guy is on Washington going toward 1-10 in the morning. Right after Danny's Market Chevron.

(FYI: That particular Chevron is on the list of critical fueling stations and gets priority gas supply services in case of a hurricane situation. The more you know)
Texaggie7nine
That's exactly where I would see the guy with the dog. But it was always at night after leaving Bubbas or other bars in the area going home.
7nine
aggiedata
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

That's exactly where I would see the guy with the dog. But it was always at night after leaving Bubbas or other bars in the area going home.
He must have the morning shift. The guy with the dog is evening and weekends.
trip
AG
I actually ended up following his truck ride home one day about 3 years ago. They exited 290 at Barker Cypress and turned south.
92Ag95
AG
El Duke said:

The I-10/Shepherd crew has been around for a long time. In 2008 I lived in Heights and worked at Midtown Plaza, the 60 year old white guy with white hair and glasses would stand by the bail bonds place every single day across from the Valero. When Ike hit in Sept. 2008 I took pictures of flooded i-10 and he is in those shots.

Fast forward to July 2019, and the same guy is still on those general corners, looking healthier than he did in 2008. One day I was taking back roads to my office cutting through Cadillac Bar area and I saw the man with glasses walk into a house that backed up to the railroad tracks. His morning commute is a simple 5 min walk and he makes $100 a day tax free.

fify
mm98
AG
Sorrell Booke said:

Taquito with Cheese said:

there is a guy that works the corner by my office, he pulses out $100 every day for beer and cigs, and yet he lives in his van.
Did you just say he "pulses out" money?

I haven't heard that phrase in years.

Thought the same thing.
Zemira
AG
I don't think I have ever given money to a panhandler.

When I lived in the Heights one afternoon I stopped at Subway on my way home. There was a man in the shop who you could tell was homeless trying to count up his change to buy something. It broke my heart, because you could tell the guy wasn't on drugs or drunk. I have no idea what his story was but never have I just handed money to someone on a street corner. I told him get whatever you want I will buy you dinner. He kept refusing, so I asked what do you like to get. He told me, so I asked the ladies behind the counter to make him that sandwich. I'm fairly sure I also dug in my purse and gave him $20. I told him to use it for future meals.

The panhandlers that are organized and begging for money are just scum. I don't mind buying someone a meal or giving them a blanket (or whatever it is they need), but if they just want cash they can forget my help.

Coog97
I live five doors down from a guy who regularly panhandles with his dog in the Clear Lake area. He kinda looks like Jimmy Buffett, except cleaner.
Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Coog97 said:

I live five doors down from a guy who regularly panhandles with his dog in the Clear Lake area. He kinda looks like Jimmy Buffett, except cleaner.
Bay Area and El Camino his corner?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
For the 1st time, I saw the city of Houston trash truck pulling up to the homeless camp under 59 elevated this morning. I guess the homeless also have trash days and we pay for it with our tax dollars?
Coog97
third coast.. said:

So, you're a poor?

Exactly.
Coog97
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Coog97 said:

Bay Area and El Camino his corner?

That's the guy!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.